ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ticket License Fees

Just a rant. The cost have risen. So, whatever fee is attached to the ticket price is just an increase in the ticket's price. You don't want to pay it? Someone else will. Sure, your home is a lot more comfortable, especially as we age, but is nothing like being there. I'm lucky if I can even watch the game on tv.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
I look forward to the next article in his series where his dad laments the fact he cant buy a Hershey's bar for a nickel anymore.

Sounds like he the Husker athletic department is actually being kind and allowing a long standing loyal supporter to have some likely good seats for far below market value. How dare they.

yeah, i don't understand their gripe. they seem to think they're entitled to waivers of the seat fees for as long as the seats stay in the family. seems like everybody wants a handout or to be a free rider.

That guy really needs to learn some math. Whoever believes he would be paying $1600 for a single game ticket is an idiot.

Let's see now.

Seat License Fee $1250 x 4 = $5000
4 Season Tickets $1636
Handling Fee $ 40
Total $6676
Divide by 4 $1669 per ticket

Looks like someone else needs to learn some math.

Let's see now.

Seat License Fee $1250 x 4 = $5000
4 Season Tickets $1636
Handling Fee $ 40
Total $6676
Divide by 4 $1669 per ticket

Looks like someone else needs to learn some math.
You forgot the last step. $1669 per season ticket divided by 7 is $238 per game. In the article they mention $1669 per game. Looks like someone needs to learn reading comprehension.

You're both wrong. Right now he thinks he's ALREADY being overcharged for having to pay $2,176 for 4 seats in West Stadium.

$2,176 = $1,636 for four season tickets, or $409 a piece. Plus a heavily discounted seat license fee ($500 for 4 seats -- two grandfathered at $0, two discounted at $250 a piece. And a $40 handling fee. $2,176 ÷ 7 games ÷ 4 tickets = $77.72 for each game ticket. I think most would say that's a pretty good deal for 4 seats in West Stadium.

His gripe is that if the seats pass to a family member NU treats them as a new season ticketholder -- who would be asked for an additional $4,500 for these seats ($500 grandfathered seat fee vs $5,000 unsubsidized seat fee).

That's the gripe. And it's a petty one.

Like SeaOfRed75 mentioned, yeah, there once was a time when a gallon of gas was 29 cents and a Hershey bar cost a nickel. Times change. Deal with it.

Last edited:
Interesting article.

Based on the author's comments about the guy, the guy feels Nebraska should run with the elite in college football and acknowledges that it takes a lot money. He just feels he shouldn't have to contribute his share of the money based on the seats he has. Hell, I would consider the guy lucky Nebraska doesn't make him pony-up the revised annual donation each year. The guy got in at a good time and is lucky enough to have great seats at a bargain price. He wants his children to have great seats for their lifetime which is understandable. However, if Nebraska did this for everyone, then they would never make money.

Also, Nebraska doesn't have to add a $40 handling fee. They could have just as easily increased the price per ticket from $57/game to $XX/game and had no handling fee. I've been a season ticket holder for 7 years now, I pay what is required because I enjoy tailgating and going to games. The day the cost outweighs the benefits for me, I'll stop going to games and paying the price. I know full well that Nebraska doesn't care if I drop my tickets, someone else will pick them up.

Well it's obvious that we aren't getting what we pay for these days. Costs keep going up while performance keeps going backwards. Not a good situation to be in.

I remember a few years ago someone wanted my tickets for a game. I quoted him a price that was my actual cost per ticket around $90 per... He got all pissed because he thought that I was gauging him.. I think that he is still upset to this day.

IJust calculated my actual cost per ticket with the forced donation and it's about $128/ticket/ game..... That's like double face but yeah not complaining just saying that "face value" for these tickets isn't exactly face value

They (NU ticket admin office) needs to start enhancing the game day experience in new ways. A couple of free and friendly tips:
-Remove a seat or two from old stadium rows. Make it more comfortable for the paying fan. No school is expanding home stadium capacity like we have in the last 20 years. Reward, not penalize, those that chose to attend in person
-Improvise on food/drink options. Dare I say offer deals as well
-Encourage more fan interaction during the game. Keep it current with songs, videos's...no harm in taking from others in terms of what is working

GBR

They (NU ticket admin office) needs to start enhancing the game day experience in new ways. A couple of free and friendly tips:
-Remove a seat or two from old stadium rows. Make it more comfortable for the paying fan. No school is expanding home stadium capacity like we have in the last 20 years. Reward, not penalize, those that chose to attend in person

For starters, one of these in every aisle for the blue hairs in West Stadium

picture.jpg

We're talking about adding space, not removing what we have. I do understand your point tho...in fairness most of the blue hairs arrive very early to stake their claim...and they'll likely tell you all about it.

I think the University should start giving out tickets to FB season ticket holders to other NU sports (not volleyball or MBB of course) as a complimentary thank you. Send me a free pair of tickets to use at any husker baseball game (or WBB) or track/field event. Those tend to not draw huge crowds every game anyways, and it'd be a polite way to say thanks (and also encourage attending more Husker athletic events). They have to try to give more value to those who support football by purchasing season tickets...

GBR

ADVERTISEMENT