ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ticket holders....

Fed-Up

Walk On
Nov 2, 2019
the thread talking about attendance issues made me think of this.....who on here is actually a season ticket holder and has some skin in this game?

I am and have been for a long time....I've invested a lot of time and money going to games....donated money and etc.

If I could figure out how to do a poll on here I would.....

the thread talking about attendance issues made me think of this.....who on here is actually a season ticket holder and has some skin in this game?

I am and have been for a long time....I've invested a lot of time and money going to games....donated money and etc.

Not sure how to do a poll either, but I will give you the results of one.

1) Who thinks posts like this are tiresome and boring, and accomplish nothing? 100%.

2) Who cares? 0%.

Money ahead year over year buying off the street or from friends.

I paid 10 bucks for a great seat on Saturday, my wife went for free as well as one of my kids. So 3 tickets for 10 dollars total.

Buy off the street but know you are not giving the program any support at all by doing that!

I own a wing of the stadium. I’m with you OP! Let’s get to the bottom of this right here on a free message board!!

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Not sure how to do a poll either, but I will give you the results of one.

1) Who thinks posts like this are tiresome and boring, and accomplish nothing? 100%.

2) Who cares? 0%.
Oh I get it...so...you're one of those who acts like such a grand "booster" of this program without actual doing a damn thing to support it except act like a self-righteous fan on a free public message board...gotcha buddy!

What seats do you have?

Buy off the street but know you are not giving the program any support at all by doing that!

How so?

The University already received their asking price for the tickets from the initial buyer?

In all likelihood had the secondary buyer not purchased the tickets the seats would have been empty.

There is nothing wrong with purchasing from someone outside the stadium or stubhub.

Reactions: Hizzlybear41
There is nothing wrong with buying those tickets agreed.. I am just saying by doing that you are not giving the University any funds. The University had already collected for those tickets.

Why does he need to financially support the program? Are you paying his bills? You feel like you should dictate how he spends his money?

Oh I get it...so...you're one of those who acts like such a grand "booster" of this program without actual doing a damn thing to support it except act like a self-righteous fan on a free public message board...gotcha buddy!

I agree with you about @PvilleHuskerTim. He likely doesn't give a dollar to NU athletics and watches the games on his couch.

He claims it doesn't matter, but yet he opened this thread and even felt compelled to reply. His type are a dime a dozen.

Just seems to me that everyone has the right to do what they want with their own money and time. If they want to donate it to Husker football thats fine. If they want to spend time/money elsewhere thats fine too. However, because you may donate more money does not mean you are a better fan. Everyone's situation is different and while some ppl. can afford to donate, it may be a real financial challenge for someone else to attend even one game. That doesn't mean they arent great fans.

I have season tickets.

there was an option to post a poll when you started this thread. All you had to do was read the page.

I've had season tickets for 20+ years. West Stadium. Row 16. Patience. What has gone asunder over the past 20 years will NOT be fixed in less than 2.

How so?

The University already received their asking price for the tickets from the initial buyer?

In all likelihood had the secondary buyer not purchased the tickets the seats would have been empty.

There is nothing wrong with purchasing from someone outside the stadium or stubhub.
Hey if you buy a fairbury hot dog, Runza or Val's you're contributing

Oh you mean like the overhyped and over priced Ohio st game? Got face value daybed the game.

Honestly what is there one game a year that could draw a premium.

There is nothing wrong with buying those tickets agreed.. I am just saying by doing that you are not giving the University any funds. The University had already collected for those tickets.

Surely, this person had a runza or a pop or a red hot dog.

It's normal for merchandise sales to be up when the team is doing good and down when it isn't.

Why should I support (even in a small way) a product that I'm not happy with? It's my money right? I get to decide how to spend it, not you. (as you so eloquently put it below)

You kind of contradicted yourself in this thread
That's what did in Callahan and Riley. Ultimately butts in the seats merchandise sales are the common man's way of voting approval or disapproval.

But the big boy sky box type of donors have most of the pull and say.

Everyone has the right to decide what they're willing to support.

So Saturday we got free tickets due to a friendship on the 45 yard line, east side 35 rows up...thinking we were the deal...the guy sitting next to us bought his on StubHub for 17 the night before the game....:(

On my 3rd year. Planning to get 2 more tickets for next year so hopefully all you softy's give up yours and I can get even better tickets.

Reactions: leodisflowers
So Saturday we got free tickets due to a friendship on the 45 yard line, east side 35 rows up...thinking we were the deal...the guy sitting next to us bought his on StubHub for 17 the night before the game....:(
What's the problem. Yours were still free. Better than k state years ago. Along the roadside a farmstead would have a dairy calf and the next farm would have orphan pigs for free. Only stipulation was you had to take their k state FB tickets. The livestock was usually still there the next day!!

This is a great strategy when the huskers are trash... when we are good... have fun scalping bruh
No husker games are sellouts. If you called today and asked for an individual season ticket they would have hundreds if not thousands available for sale. Obviously people die or cancel their tickets, but there aren't very many individuals looking for season tickets so these sit, empty. I've had single season tickets, went with friends who scalped for $30 a ticket because odd tickets go cheap...1s and 3s...and then we first come first serve in the student section because students skip so many games and we get in the first 10 rows. went to Texas game when we were ranked 5th, with a friend for face value... The product has been really poor though for the last 7 years so I've dumped the season avenue...

I had an odd situation happen to me this year, the university cancelled my 6 tickets, at the time I wasnt to happy now it looks like maybe they did me a favor as I would never have cancelled them myself and can now go to games I want to much cheaper.
I had 6 tickets since 2007, I paid close to 4k in donations (about 50k in total since Ive been a sth) each year plus the face value for the tickets. When I got my bill last Feb 2019 I paid my donation right away, my card had a 5k limit per day so I set my seasons up on installments, paid feb and march and somehow the last pmt didnt go thru, the my card expired 4/2019, when I set up the installments I assumed all 3 payments would be processed by then. First week of June I checked my acct online and my tickets werent in my account so I called them, they said when they tried to process my final payment it said expired card and they cancelled my tickets and resold them.

I had an odd situation happen to me this year, the university cancelled my 6 tickets, at the time I wasnt to happy now it looks like maybe they did me a favor as I would never have cancelled them myself and can now go to games I want to much cheaper.
I had 6 tickets since 2007, I paid close to 4k in donations (about 50k in total since Ive been a sth) each year plus the face value for the tickets. When I got my bill last Feb 2019 I paid my donation right away, my card had a 5k limit per day so I set my seasons up on installments, paid feb and march and somehow the last pmt didnt go thru, the my card expired 4/2019, when I set up the installments I assumed all 3 payments would be processed by then. First week of June I checked my acct online and my tickets werent in my account so I called them, they said when they tried to process my final payment it said expired card and they cancelled my tickets and resold them.
WOW. I am extremely surprised they didn't contact you. You paid 4K doatiion for six tickets and you paid booster money in full. The 6 tickets should have cost you $420 x 6, right? Should have been under your $5000 daily limit. I'm not going to second guess why you put them on installments but that's your business. Also not sure why your credit card expired? Did you not activate your new card? Again not my business but my cards automatically renew as long as I activate new card.

Finally, as a hefty donor that you are/were, I amazed the ticket office didn't contact you especially since you paid your booster$ and 2/3 of tickets. Heck I've had them call me for much smaller issue than that.

Did they refund your booster $$?

Reactions: dinglefritz
there was an option to post a poll when you started this thread. All you had to do was read the page.

I've had season tickets for 20+ years. West Stadium. Row 16. Patience. What has gone asunder over the past 20 years will NOT be fixed in less than 2.
dingle in for the win. Posh seats over that way.

I believe in worrying about how I support and enjoy my team. Not how other people do their thing.

It doesn’t depend on wins. I was born here, grew up here, went to school here, worked in the program while there, and now I work here.

I’ll support the team no matter what. I may or may not continue with my tickets but that is because I can’t stand the small area on my particular part of the bench seating, not how the team is performing.

I believe in worrying about how I support and enjoy my team. Not how other people do their thing.

It doesn’t depend on wins. I was born here, grew up here, went to school here, worked in the program while there, and now I work here.

I’ll support the team no matter what. I may or may not continue with my tickets but that is because I can’t stand the small area on my particular part of the bench seating, not how the team is performing.
I think there may be some rumblings about changing the bleacher seating. I heard a mention of it I think on Sports Nightly a while back. It seems like sometimes they float some things out there and then a year or two later they come to fruition. No doubt the AD has heard plenty of complaints about the seating. IF they would just allow more room per seat on the bleachers it would help immensely.

Reactions: leodisflowers
WOW. I am extremely surprised they didn't contact you. You paid 4K doatiion for six tickets and you paid booster money in full. The 6 tickets should have cost you $420 x 6, right? Should have been under your $5000 daily limit. I'm not going to second guess why you put them on installments but that's your business. Also not sure why your credit card expired? Did you not activate your new card? Again not my business but my cards automatically renew as long as I activate new card.

Finally, as a hefty donor that you are/were, I amazed the ticket office didn't contact you especially since you paid your booster$ and 2/3 of tickets. Heck I've had them call me for much smaller issue than that.

Did they refund your booster $$?
I paid my close to 4k donation and 1st of 3 installments on same day to stay under my 5k limit (that was Feb 2019 within the1st days I got the notice), as oppossed to coming back next day and just paying for season total all at once. On my card expiration could have been 03/19 and if they would have processed it in April it would have been within 30 days of expiration and gone thru, I think they were delayed and waited until May to do final payment and that caused the error, so yes 90% of total payment was paid when they cancelled.They tried to call but my phone was an old land line from when I set up the account in 2007, they didnt send me a letter as I would have got that since its same mailing addy as Ive had and where the tickets always get sent to.
As for my booster donation they said they would refund it right away and were very apoligetic in the booster office, but I had to follow up multiple times each time they were very apolegetic and finally after 6 weeks I got refunded.

Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT