ADVERTISEMENT

Season prediction, here on out

HuskerAlum92

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 8, 2007
The season is 1/3 over. Should have a good feel for the team at this point. How do you feel we finish from here? My prediction

MICH : L
@ILL : L
NW : W
PUR : W
@MSU : L
MD : L
@WISC : L
IA : L

4-8

Thinking 6-6 with wins over
northwestern
Purdue
Michigan state
Either Illinois or Iowa.

No other game outside of Michigan feels like it’s a long shot but the OL has to be better for sure.

Defense is good but has to keep fresh and get better in pass defense. Run defense is good but too many yards through the air being allowed

Reactions: Wasker77
I could see us winning 4-5 games.

We are not good boys. Some aspects on D are much better. The O looks fvcking terrible as usual. I said I’d give Rhule year one before I really start ripping his ass in year 2 if we still look like this.
He needs new QBs, new OL, new WRs, new OL coach, new OC. And more RBs.

Gonna be a long year, so he really needs a good off-season in a couple months.

I think we get 2 more wins this year. There are enough toss-up games out there, where if we find ways to win, we can hit 6 wins and a berth in the Las Vegas bowl to face Colorado.

MSU can be a win, and I feel we can beat Iowa or Wisconsin with us getting better towards the end of the year, barring anymore injuries.
I thought about flipping MSU to a win to make us 5-7. But that is a road game, so no. Not beating Iowa or Wisconsin with this offense.

I think we get 2 more wins this year. There are enough toss-up games out there, where if we find ways to win, we can hit 6 wins and a berth in the Las Vegas bowl to face Colorado.
I was prepared to agree with you 100% but then you went & depressed me with our bowl opponent under your scenario.

A whole post season of everything we say and do being made "personal" doesn't sound like much of a reward. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: HuskAir
Our D matches up well with West teams..
We have a shot. Not saying we don’t. But there’s no margin for error and we would have to really put it all together to win against anyone not named Northwestern or Purdue. Probably more likely we lose to either Northwestern or Purdue.

6-6 optimistically. But realistically, this is not a good team at all. Defense has improved, but the offense is baaaad. HH makes them less mistake prone, but that doesn't make up for the lack of talent.

Next week will be ugly.
Defense is solid, but this isn’t a very good Nebraska team. I am hopeful for weekly improvement, but anything better than 5-7 would be shocking.

I think 2-4 more wins is likely. Offense has too many problems and the D while looking way way better won't get anywhere if we don't pressure the QB.

I am not really sure what these posters are watching. They will be lucky to finish 5-7. Homers? Hell I don't know. But this is not a good team from what I have seen. Haarberg the ball-hog is going to get a rude awakening against a team with a pulse. That happens this week unfortunately.

We are bad offensively.. we are better than the last few years in all other phases of the game and it’s not even remotely close. But the offense keeps us down. I hope Rhule can figure that out and turn it around like we did on the other phases so quickly. I think people forget just how bad we were entirely. We couldn’t do anything right anywhere.. we are super improved! But that offense will cause us to lose a couple we shouldn’t. I think we go 6-6 and get a bowl for the first time in many years.

Reactions: blackbones
8 games left, Mich and MD look like losses, NW and Perdue look like wins. Probably not favored on the road in Camp Randall. If the offense can trend up a bit, I like NU’s chances on the road against Illinois and MSU and home against Iowa.

We’ve lost most of our top offensive playmakers since summer to injury or attrition- Betts, Ervin, Johnson, IGC to name a few. So the younger guys needed to step up… but outside of Fidone I haven’t seen it.

None of the final 8 games are gimmes. None. Our FG kicking game will come back to bite us at some point down the stretch.

If we can somehow beat Illinois on the road, we may get to 6-7 wins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT