ADVERTISEMENT

Season Eve

coolonetoo

Junior
May 12, 2003
The season starts tomorrow. Better late than never. So here's a question: What record will it take to win the league? There's simply no way each team will play all 44 games but let's assume it happens for the sake of this argument.

I say 31-13 will be required for first place and the auto-bid (assuming the B1G cares enough to designate one). What say you all?

Of the 13 head coaches who voted Big 10 preseason poll
Nebraska was left out of the top 6...

1) Michigan - was voted preseason favorite
2) Indiana
3) Ohio St
4) ioway
5) Maryland
6) Indiana

Of the 13 head coaches who voted Big 10 preseason poll
Nebraska was left out of the top 6...

1) Michigan - was voted preseason favorite
2) Indiana
3) Ohio St
4) ioway
5) Maryland
6) Indiana
This can never be quoted enough

Could argue Maryland was highly underrated as well in those preseason rankings. This pretty much tells you how much goes into baseball that can’t be caught on paper. That’s why I love the game so much. It’s those little intangibles that make a team great.

Senior leadership was a huge reason this year and they will be tough to replace. Regardless of what happens the rest of this season this off season will be a huge test for Bolt and crew.

Guys like Roskam, Hallmark, and even Schwellenbach pitching for the first time, are all great signs of development. I hope we can snag a transfer in the same league as a Hroch to help out our rotation next season. Gomes coming back into that closer role will be huge as well.

The lineup we could be looking at replacing our 1-4 hitters. Naturally Anderson and Matthews move up. I like Anderson in the 4 hole and Matthews in the 2 or 3. Myself. However the way they hit you may want to extent their at bats by giving them the 2 and 3 spots. If Hallmark comes back he can easily take the Leadoff spot.

Reactions: k9_r
Could argue Maryland was highly underrated as well in those preseason rankings. This pretty much tells you how much goes into baseball that can’t be caught on paper. That’s why I love the game so much. It’s those little intangibles that make a make a team great.

Senior leadership was a huge reason this year and they will be tough to replace. Regardless of what happens the rest of this season this off season will be a huge test for Bolt and crew.

Guys like Roskam, Hallmark, Schwellenbach pitching for the first time, are all great signs of development. I hope we can snag a transfer in the same league as a Hroch to help out our rotation next season. Gomes coming back into that closet role will be huge as well.

The lineup we could be looking at replacing our 1-4 hitters. Naturally Anderson and Matthews move up. I like Anderson in the 4 hole and Matthews in the 2 or 3. Myself. However the way they hit you may want to extent their at bats by giving them the 2 and 3 spots. If Hallmark comes back he can easily take the Leadoff spot. Maybe Everitt can take that 4 spot?

Reactions: saluno22
If Hallmark doesn't come back I'm hoping Bruce Matthews is leading off. He's going to make things happen.

ADVERTISEMENT