ADVERTISEMENT

SEARCHING FOR A QB; who can make all the throws

dockentwo

All-American
Aug 13, 2004
I am not speaking of a guy who has the ability to stand there and wing it on a whim athletically -need more imo. I contend you can't make the throws if you don't do your progressions; wouldn't those throws be more important overall?

- in the PGA its the % of puts you make from 6, 8 , 10 feet that really makes a big difference.
- N's redshirt freshman guard bench presses 225 a phenomenal 38 times and says he is learning its not all about strength. I would like to see :
* The % of throws to areas where dback is stunting to get an interception a qb can recognize and deal with effectively.
* The % of completions that go to check down and open receivers when a qb is doing his progressions.
* The % of completions in high per cent passes, like screens vs the long ball.

- Love TA, and he can take us 9-3 imo or better; but I hope he makes the jump with the new coaching: higher completion % and seeing the field; avoiding interceptions. He had multiple spring interceptions and then was hurt for a bit. Has award winning potential.
- Bush, young and showed nerves; all the potential still there.
- And the concussion's for D shouldn't be a concern as far as playing time. He really came on in
the spring and may see the field the best. I was impressed at the Spring game, an interview revealed he is intense on his study of player distribution.
I am going to give some information on Coach Snyders view I read in the W H. So at KSU, when looking at the qb's, and he puts out good ones: I believe progressions a part of passing and management.

** Running and running the run game
** Passing accuracy
** Game management
Basically they then evaluate : " All the skill sets too the highest degree ". Which i Interpret as the highest scores and decide , with the intangibles a top coach has.

Sounds good to me. I believe qb's should also get in for experience or specific game situations.

Last edited:
I don't think we have one on campus to be brutally honest, but I hope I am wrong and I hope I am pleasantly surprised when the season rolls around.

So, if we ran the ball 2/3's of the time over the last couple of years, do you think opposing coaches/defenses would be concentrating on stopping the run first. Should that have given an advantage to the passing game. Martinez had his own personal qb coach (unrestricted practice time), and his completion percentage (which is better than TA's) didn't improve enough for Martinez to be called a "good" passing qb. Spring practice is over, athletes are restricted to 8 hrs a week of film review only, until fall ball.

I just don't see a big leap coming for Armstrong. Based only on the spring game, Bush is close to being a "project" as opposed to being polished. That brings Darlington for potential qb. Obviously, I'm forming my opinion on not much info, but I don't see compelling evidence to convince me otherwise.

So, if we ran the ball 2/3's of the time over the last couple of years, do you think opposing coaches/defenses would be concentrating on stopping the run first. Should that have given an advantage to the passing game. Martinez had his own personal qb coach (unrestricted practice time), and his completion percentage (which is better than TA's) didn't improve enough for Martinez to be called a "good" passing qb. Spring practice is over, athletes are restricted to 8 hrs a week of film review only, until fall ball.

I just don't see a big leap coming for Armstrong. Based only on the spring game, Bush is close to being a "project" as opposed to being polished. That brings Darlington for potential qb. Obviously, I'm forming my opinion on not much info, but I don't see compelling evidence to convince me otherwise.

I THINK YOU ARE JUST BEING REALISTIC IN A FAIR WAY. I AM hoping we get O'Brien to commit quickly. Cornicator and sssmith seem on board. An Elite 11 Mvp, rave reviews and size. Imo this is closer to what half our recruits will resemble at qb - He has been leading his 7 on 7 team to victories; you have to read progressions to get that done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT