ADVERTISEMENT

Sean Snyder

I would think it would have been announced by now if it was going to happen. Although we still have no official Special teams coach.

There's no rush to announce a special teams analyst unlike with Lubick who needed to be in place quickly as an OC and WR coach for recruiting purposes that weekend. Someone will be announced before too long. It might be Snyder or it might be someone else.

Reactions: keilwitzg
Kansas: Source tell FootballScoop that Kansas inside linebackers coach / special teams coordinator Mike Ekeler has left the staff to pursue other opportunities. Prior to joining the Jayhawks, Ekeler coached the linebackers at North Carolina and has also worked with the linebackers at Georgia, USC, Indiana, Nebraska, LSU, and Oklahoma.

Kansas: Source tell FootballScoop that Kansas inside linebackers coach / special teams coordinator Mike Ekeler has left the staff to pursue other opportunities. Prior to joining the Jayhawks, Ekeler coached the linebackers at North Carolina and has also worked with the linebackers at Georgia, USC, Indiana, Nebraska, LSU, and Oklahoma.
He wasn’t liked much at KU. Thought to be going to N Texas I think

Does he still Will Comptons ‘s Name tattooed on his arm? Kind of awkward now to have a 30 year old mans named tattooed on your arm but hey, it’s a new world

I've always admired K-States special teams play, so I really hope this comes to fruition.
Yes, I think K-State has been basically the opposite of Nebraska in terms of instead of (the Huskers) beating themselves with stupid mistakes and horrid special teams play, K-State has hung in a lot of games and even beat teams with more talent based on not beating themselves and playing well on special teams. I would love to see some of that element come to NU.

Oh, what the hell, let him bring his old man along too. There's gotta be a desk somewhere and he could mentor Scott on how to talk to the press.

I forgot he lost his son a year or so ago. Sounds like the family has been through a lot. I’m glad he decided to make a change and join the Huskers.

Ray Finkle is the name I'm hearing.

IF not Finkle we could try Einhorn
5626478_orig_1024x1024.jpg

Someone posted elsewhere, that they have to post the position for 30 days before it can be filled. Federal Law. I think the 30 days are a week or 2 away still.
What kind of a stupid federal law is this. Open till filled. Must be an education/university thing since it's really not coaching????

Has to be posted seven days. Has been posted after hirings more than a few times in the past.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT