ADVERTISEMENT

Sean, Mods, legit iNsiders...

Fullback Trap

Walk On
Oct 12, 2007
I only ask this b/c it's gotten a bit annoying now, but can we please put a stop to two things:

The first is the back and forth between the last of the Pelini believers and those that recognized he was not going to get it done. I understand why some posters are hard on others that posted "insider" info and praised/excused the last regime to no end, but still won't man up and admit they were wrong but act like everyone should be cool with one another. Those guys should admit they were wrong, or at least say why they did what they did. Some had friends on staff, we get that, but to just pretend like they weren't outright lying in some cases or going after other posters b/c they were telling the truth is pretty crappy. I say either admit, you were wrong or resign yourself to be attacked every time you post something. I would totally respect, as many would also, if they did, then we all could go back to being Husker fans without bickering at each other constantly.

The second is the super vague "insider" info that hints at something/someone, then disappears never to be discussed again. Again, I vote either say what you gotta say or don't post. I understand protecting your source or yourself (if you witnessed it), but again, don't be cryptic about it. I will be the first to admit I come here for the inside info, if I was just about the recruits committing I would just read updates from the LJS or OWH. It has just gotten old.

Lumping in this last paragraph to both topics, is the small leaking of info about how unprofessional, unprepared, disorganized, lazy, etc, the last staff was/is killing me. I feel like its a horrible car accident, I can't stop looking (reading), but really want to. For those in the legit know about what really went on, just lay it all out, rip open the curtains and let everyone see what was really going on or please stop. I cheer for no other teams really in any sport and it pisses me off to read how bad, as a whole, the last regime was. Sometimes things should just be left unsaid, or give us the whole picture so we as a whole fan base can rage for a bit then move on.
My uncle was a Lincoln cop in the 80's and 90's and I've had him stop telling me stories about what Osborne had swept up or ignored, it made me lose some serious respect for Dr. Tom. I am now in the, I don't want to know mindset with that stuff.

Anywho, just some thoughts from a poster who never posts, has no inside info, and just wants the Big Red Machine, to be the "Big Red Machine" again. I'm not asking for a mid- 90's era, but just winning the conference a few times a decade and being in the Natty title discussion every now and then.
Much love Husker nation!
Fullback Trap

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News