ADVERTISEMENT

Seahawks trade for Mo Seisay....

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
RENTON, Wash. -- The Seattle Seahawks have added depth to their secondary by acquiring cornerback Mohammed Seisay from the Detroit Lions for an undisclosed 2016 draft pick.

Seattle announced the trade on Sunday. The Seahawks had an open spot on their 90-man roster after releasing defensive tackle Tony McDaniel in a salary cap move. The draft pick going back to Detroit is expected to be a late-round selection.

Seisay appeared in 13 games last season for Detroit as a rookie, and played in the Lions' playoff loss to Dallas. Seisay was signed by the Lions as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Nebraska.

Seisay fits the profile of Seattle's cornerbacks at 6-foot-2 and 200 pounds. Two projected contributors in Seattle's secondary -- Jeremy Lane and Tharold Simon -- are both still recovering from offseason surgeries.

I bet he has some mixed emotions.

Not going to play with his buddies vs. playing for a super bowl contender.

Welcome to Seattle Mohammed! Happy to see that we've finally got a Husker back on the Seahawks roster up here. We had gone through a Husker dry spell. Seahawks CB coaching is top-notch. John Schneider doesn't like to waste draft choices. So he's got a great chance to make the team, and will get great coaching to develop him for the future even if he doesn't make the team.

I must've missed something.... Didn't he have two seasons at NU?.. Was he injured a lot? Doesn't seem like he played much for a guy that is sticking around in the NFL... Why didn't he play much?

RENTON, Wash. -- The Seattle Seahawks have added depth to their secondary by acquiring cornerback Mohammed Seisay from the Detroit Lions for an undisclosed 2016 draft pick.

Seattle announced the trade on Sunday. The Seahawks had an open spot on their 90-man roster after releasing defensive tackle Tony McDaniel in a salary cap move. The draft pick going back to Detroit is expected to be a late-round selection.

Seisay appeared in 13 games last season for Detroit as a rookie, and played in the Lions' playoff loss to Dallas. Seisay was signed by the Lions as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Nebraska.

Seisay fits the profile of Seattle's cornerbacks at 6-foot-2 and 200 pounds. Two projected contributors in Seattle's secondary -- Jeremy Lane and Tharold Simon -- are both still recovering from offseason surgeries.
NFL training camps are underway and former Husker wide receiver Kenny Bell is wasting little time winning over coaches.

Lovie Smith on rookie WR Kenny Bell: "He showed up. We always talk about doing something to be noticed. We noticed Kenny today."

— Greg Auman (@gregauman) August 2, 2015
And there was this nugget from Buccaneers.com: "Anybody watching practice on Sunday could tell that Bell was having a great day. He looked explosive running routes, and was targeted often throughout the practice." Bell spent time working with the No. 1 offense.

Meanwhile, one of his former teammates, offensive lineman Brent Qvale, continues to make a push with the New York Jets.

Qvale's a good story because, remember, he was undrafted. But he impressed on the the practice squad last year and now is looking for more.

Brent Qvale working in with first team at RG.

— Seth Walder (@SethWalderNYDN) July 30, 2015
Work to do still, but keep an eye on the big man.

And then there's Mohammad Seisay, who arrived to Nebraska a highly regarded junior-college transfer, but was mostly used in a reserve role during his career.

He handled his time in Lincoln with class, stuck with things, got an opportunity with the Detroit Lions, and ran with it. And now the Seattle Seahawks, who know a thing or two about defense, traded an undisclosed 2016 draft pick for him, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Seisay is as excited as you'd expect.

Thanks to the @Lions for starting my career. Excited to take the next step with the @Seahawks. #12thMan - here I come

• Chapters

I must've missed something.... Didn't he have two seasons at NU?.. Was he injured a lot? Doesn't seem like he played much for a guy that is sticking around in the NFL... Why didn't he play much?

No felt there were better players ahead of him. Much like there were no better centers ahead of his nephew.

Bo was obviously wrong.

NFL training camps are underway and former Husker wide receiver Kenny Bell is wasting little time winning over coaches.

Lovie Smith on rookie WR Kenny Bell: "He showed up. We always talk about doing something to be noticed. We noticed Kenny today."

— Greg Auman (@gregauman) August 2, 2015
And there was this nugget from Buccaneers.com: "Anybody watching practice on Sunday could tell that Bell was having a great day. He looked explosive running routes, and was targeted often throughout the practice." Bell spent time working with the No. 1 offense.

I'd be curious to know how much of an impact Bell's workouts with Keith Williams over the summer had on him.

Once these kids are gone from unl I really dont follow their careers unless they play for the Redskins (most seem to actually play for them) but I really am interested in following Kenny and Ameer this year

Seisay will get some of those good vitamins that Pete supplies his guys. He will be bigger, faster and stronger in no time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT