ADVERTISEMENT

Scumbag Urban Meyer Taking Jags Job

Scumbag or not, the dude knows how to win. I guess we will see if a stud college coach can finally win in the pros.

He certainly knows how to win in college but IMO it takes a personality like Jimmy Johnson to do both (especially for NFL type players)... And that's pretty far from Urban's personality. Saban and Spurrier (and many others) knew how to win too, but the vast majority have crashed and burned.

It's gonna be interesting. Might even be more interesting to see what excuse he pulls when he leaves the Jags, the dude is kinda full of sh**.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Reports are Meyer can’t handle losing at all, he’s going to do lots of it in Jacksonville so that will be interesting to see how he copes.

He certainly knows how to win in college but IMO it takes a personality like Jimmy Johnson to do both (especially for NFL type players)... And that's pretty far from Urban's personality. Saban and Spurrier (and many others) knew how to win too, but the vast majority have crashed and burned.

It's gonna be interesting. Might even be more interesting to see what excuse he pulls when he leaves the Jags, the dude is kinda full of sh**.

Yes and no. Saban is just a stud getting players once he moved to the South. Dude literally has the best players every year, but was just ok when at Michigan St and didn't have the same caliber. I could be dead wrong on Urban, but for me personally, dude just knows how to get it done and if he didn't always have shit chasing him on the health and scumbag front, he would for sure be challenging Saban for number of titles if not exceeding him. I know the guy is a piece of shit, but it'll be interesting to see what he does in the pros as he has literally won at every level of college football and does it in a hurry.

Urban had a "heart attack" and he used that to get out of College Coaching 10 years ago. Now, he wants to coach again but in the NFL????? In accepting this new coaching job, URBAN is admitting that the 2009 Heart Attack was NOTHING. Stop lying Urban.

Urban had a "heart attack" and he used that to get out of College Coaching 10 years ago. Now, he wants to coach again but in the NFL????? In accepting this new coaching job, URBAN is admitting that the 2009 Heart Attack was NOTHING. Stop lying Urban.
I get what you're saying BUT that's just the human condition. I've known two guys who had heart attacks and they were changed men.... for about 6 months. I believe that Urb was having terrible chest pains and they scared the hell out of him so he quit. But, he just keeps coming back like a guy who can't quit drinking and driving. You are who you are at the end of the day.

Reactions: SkerInCo
No his heart issues are real. I'm not sure why he wants back in though because the rigors of the schedule puts a lot of stress on a person. It probably was in his best interest to step away and provided a convenient excuse to do so. But when you're wired like Urban or Saban, you love to compete.

No his heart issues are real. I'm not sure why he wants back in though because the rigors of the schedule puts a lot of stress on a person. It probably was in his best interest to step away and provided a convenient excuse to do so. But when you're wired like Urban or Saban, you love to compete.
He's a football crack whore basically.

So now we will find out if he's a Jimmy Johnson or Pete Carroll college to pros success. Or a Saban and Spurrier college only success.
Meyer's closest parallel is Jimmy Johnson - neither one had any NFL experience before becoming an NFL head coach. Pete Carroll really wasn't that much of a gamble for the Seahawks - he had 16 years of NFL coaching experience before USC - including four years as head coach of the Jets/Patriots. Saban had six years of NFL assistant experience before taking the Dolphins job; Spurrier had a long NFL playing career and three years as a head coach in the USFL before taking the Redskins job. It'll be interesting to see how this works out.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I don't blame Urban for Hernandez, I blame Hernandez for Hernandez. That is ridiculous to blame Hernandez's actions on Urban, why not lump Belichek in there? He coached him to...and if the worst thing Urban did was lie about what he knew about his asst coach to the media, I ain't getting my panties in a wad over that. We've had very successful coaches here do some very questionable things to, and I don't consider them scumbags either. People can make a bad choice, and not necessarily be a scumbag.
I agree. I don’t blame TO for the long list of thugs during his tenure.

Last edited:
I think he's good enough to get them to eight wins his first year. The guy knows how to accumulate talent and put together a high functioning organization.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT