ADVERTISEMENT

Scouting the 2020 walk-on class

Nouredin Nouli, another Colorado State transfer, will be on the two deep right away (if he has immediate eligibility). He has great finish and great feet. I believe he will play at guard.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Isaac Gifford, brother of Luke Gifford, will add depth at S. If he gains mass like his brother, I think he ends up playing in the second level of the defense.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Keegan Menning is a giant from Fremont. Needs to develop a little bit more athleticism. He has the frame to play at some point. Will be interesting to see his development.

Isaac Gifford, brother of Luke Gifford, will add depth at S. If he gains mass like his brother, I think he ends up playing in the second level of the defense.

Great work but Isaac isn’t a walk-on. On scholarship this fall and that likely will get bumped up to spring with recent spots opening on the roster

WR/TE from Aurora, Nate Boerkircher, is a big target that played in an offense that threw the ball all over the yard.

Mason Nieman from Waverly. Played QB during his senior year. Will probably be a WR at NU AT 6’3”/6’4”.

Xavier Trevino, OL from Lincoln Southeast has great feet and great finish. Doesn’t fit the mold in regard to measurables of an OL for this staff. We will see where they slot him.

We just lost some quality walk-ons and it’s time to reload. The team needs good walk-ons pushing scholly players every step of the way and some will get their chance to be solid contributors on game day.
But the importance of their role beyond game day should never be undervalued.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT