ADVERTISEMENT

Scott we are waiting.

You can't just throw a guy in the starting spot, in the middle of the season, for a game or two, and expect instant results. There is an entire leadership component to a team and also a physical component to QB and skill players where they develop timing together and all sorts of nuances.

You could easily see how the tempo looked drastically different. That part was immediately visible with Vedral in there.

I absolutely believe, if Vedral had been the starter from spring ball all through last year, we would have absolutely won more games.

The self confidence issue with the current QB bled over to the rest of the team, with now others questioning their own abilities and the whole ship started sinking, all because a weak leader was left in charge of the team. That is on the coaching staff.

It shouldn't be concerning at all, because while I blamed the player the first 2 years, and I have gotten so much shit for it, I am now going to blame the coach, because of all people, he should understand what is going on. He's the person deciding who is playing and who are the leaders.

Now you have to read between the lines, but we had a lot of players leave.. all sorts of official answers were given, but I really believe it had more to do with not wanting to be part of the shit show again that was last year.

In life, you are as successful as the people you surround yourself with. Don't hang around losers, because that sort of stuff wears off. I think the same is true for athletics. Why would any player risk their window, being on a team led by a guy who is in over his head?

I absolutely think a guy like Adrian would make a great friend and counselor.. but I would not want to go to war with that guy. At that is what leadership is like on a football team. You HAVE to KNOW and BELIEVE that guy is going to be able to get it done when you need it. Even as a fan, you can't tell me you know or believe, because he has failed those challenges so many times. Meeting them would be the exception, not the rule.

This is why this is on the coach now. You had a team where self confidence issues became like a cancer last year, all stemming from ONE guy. That ONE guy, was actually a CANCER to the team in my opinion. He caused all sorts of damage, without even meaning to do that, but it's the coach's fault for putting him in that position in the first place.

Why would any coach do that? One that sees the absolute athletic gifts that he never had. Scott see those, and salivates at it.. the things Martinez can do, and is capable of, but is too blind to see that the mentality is not there. Having talent alone is not enough. You have to have an ultra competitive mindset to be a big time football player and the privilege to lead and QB a team.

Anyway, in my mind, we haven't seen a coach building a team.. we've witnessed a coach so stubborn as to see his choices leading to the team falling apart around him the last two years, and not understanding how to re-evaluate his approach or his unwillingness to do so.
You should reread your own post. Holy smokes you state Vedral having been in Frosts system for 4+ years should not be expected to successfully lead his team mid season yet you bury and vilify an injured sophomore w/o redshirt year for not living up to expectations. He was not good but let’s put some blame on poor line play, high center snaps taking focus off seeing the field, few receiver options capable of stretching the field and Walters not in sync with his fellow staff and players.
I know you now have shifted to blaming Frost instead of Martinez. We definitely should have won 2 more games and he is far from blameless but most of us knew he wasn’t taking over OSU and he would need to grow and develop as a HC. Look in the mirror, were you the best you were ever going to be in the first couple of years of your job or career? You better hope not.

You should reread your own post. Holy smokes you state Vedral having been in Frosts system for 4+ years should not be expected to successfully lead his team mid season yet you bury and vilify an injured sophomore w/o redshirt year for not living up to expectations. He was not good but let’s put some blame on poor line play, high center snaps taking focus off seeing the field, few receiver options capable of stretching the field and Walters not in sync with his fellow staff and players.
I know you now have shifted to blaming Frost instead of Martinez. We definitely should have won 2 more games and he is far from blameless but most of us knew he wasn’t taking over OSU and he would need to grow and develop as a HC. Look in the mirror, were you the best you were ever going to be in the first couple of years of your job or career? You better hope not.
the team was already falling apart, and Vedral was almost able to save a game, but he was not given the validation as a leader to either himself or the team from the get go, so yes I think anyone thrown in that situation is not going to play to their highest ability. I always thought he was more valuable as a backup and he was also a better leader due to him not having the self confidence issues.

The best thing I can say is this. When Luke was called upon in the Iowa game to run that play, to throw that td pass. He went out there, and did it. He met the challenge head on. It didn't phase him, he didn't question this or that or have confidence pity parties or whatever. He was like, ahh ok coach.. I can do that.

That is what your team needs to see. From the QB position, which Frost himself has stated is the most important position.. you need to see a guy like that.

That kind of guy is an asset to the team.

I don't want liabilities on the team.. Frost has been backing what I consider a liability, while letting other assets leave the program. That is like the most insane thing to me, and likely all about Frosts stubbornness. Just like he would not change the defensive scheme when it was obvious we did not have the high powered offense to go with it.

I can only hope someday Scott see's the reality of his current approach and has the balls to change it.

the team was already falling apart, and Vedral was almost able to save a game, but he was not given the validation as a leader to either himself or the team from the get go, so yes I think anyone thrown in that situation is not going to play to their highest ability. I always thought he was more valuable as a backup and he was also a better leader due to him not having the self confidence issues.

The best thing I can say is this. When Luke was called upon in the Iowa game to run that play, to throw that td pass. He went out there, and did it. He met the challenge head on. It didn't phase him, he didn't question this or that or have confidence pity parties or whatever. He was like, ahh ok coach.. I can do that.

That is what your team needs to see. From the QB position, which Frost himself has stated is the most important position.. you need to see a guy like that.

That kind of guy is an asset to the team.

I don't want liabilities on the team.. Frost has been backing what I consider a liability, while letting other assets leave the program. That is like the most insane thing to me, and likely all about Frosts stubbornness. Just like he would not change the defensive scheme when it was obvious we did not have the high powered offense to go with it.

I can only hope someday Scott see's the reality of his current approach and has the balls to change it.
Better stated, think you need to look at Martinez freshman year. He may not be “THE” ultimate leader but played fearless and more effective with better line and weapons. I support playing #2 and#3 when starter is injured or ineffective. Never understood the kid glove, fragile mindset treatment of starting QB. If they are a leader and true competitor you will dig deep and get better, prove yourself. Hope we have a season to see if Martinez, Frost and new staff can show development and improvement.

I don't know, but I think Vedral would have been great to keep around to back up Luke if he wasn't better. As it stands right now, the only person with a lot of experience is the guy that can't run it at tempo or effectively.
Yes! I was waiting for you to write "tempo", knew you wouldn't disappoint.. TEMPO!

Reactions: timnsun
Vedral’s ‘tempo’ led the offense to 17 points in 7 quarters. His ‘self confidence’ has led him to 3 different teams in 4 years.

nothing but excuses from his most vehement backer, the same guy who laments excuses made elsewhere.

@NikkiSixx, I will politely ask in each thread you post in to give us a link to AM having someone else do his workouts for him. You claimed it, I’m wanting to see proof.

Please respond to this and don’t dodge the question... it’s simple. If you know this to be true. Give evidence.

@NikkiSixx, I will politely ask in each thread you post in to give us a link to AM having someone else do his workouts for him. You claimed it, I’m wanting to see proof.

Please respond to this and don’t dodge the question... it’s simple. If you know this to be true. Give evidence.
it's been claimed on this board by multiple posters, go do your own work.

Calling BS now. No man, it’s not up to me to prove it. That’s all you. If your proof is that posters on this board claimed it, then quote them.
just go take a look at his fat arms.. he didn't lift

just go take a look at his fat arms.. he didn't lift
There's literally a video of him doing T-Bar rows and it's basically only him featured in the video in slo mo for effect.....that happened last year during the hype season. It's on Husker Football twitter

There's literally a video of him doing T-Bar rows and it's basically only him featured in the video in slo mo for effect.....that happened last year during the hype season. It's on Husker Football twitter
Why let facts get in the way of Nikki’s quest to completely villainize AM?

Here's the basic math here, Frost said from the beginning that Luke was R/S. Why anyone is shocked, mad, confused, whatever that he did actually R/S is their own issue to work through. Having said that, we win the Iowa game if Luke stays in the game. True. We win the Indiana game if Vedral doesn't fumble the ball close the endzone on that long return by Indiana. That wasn't his fault, Mills badly missed his block on the DE/OLB and Vedral got put on his ass. Regardless, Vedral looked like a very much backup QB against Minnesota. And even the most true, none of the QBs on our roster are beating Ohio State last year, which is what we all really want to be "back". Adrian was the best option last year to win 6+ games given the circumstances and depth. Anyone who says different has a personal bias towards another QB and doesn't want reality and truth. For the record, I think Luke is really good and could be a nasty option QB. But he wasn't ready last year, and that's why he R/S like 90% of freshman QBs do when they get to college.

Anyone who says different has a personal bias towards another QB and doesn't want reality and truth.
just because you said so? hmm.

that's a cool video you posted..

I have one from aug of last year of him doing autographs.. it's on twitter too..

Wouldn't be shocked if Nikki Six and Stormking were the same person.
have no idea about who you are talking about, but both you and Tim are starting to get a little too personal.. I haven't made anything personal about either of you. learn to play the game without acting like pubescent teenagers.

have no idea about who you are talking about, but both you and Tim are starting to get a little too personal.. I haven't made anything personal about either of you. learn to play the game without acting like pubescent teenagers.
Personal? you attack a 19 year old kid, question his character and leadership abilities and I'm getting too personal because I said your negativity mirrors that of Stormking about the program? Can't talk smack and then play victim when you get called out. "Too personal" is over on the Open Board where they talk politics, not on this one.

just because you said so? hmm.

that's a cool video you posted..

I have one from aug of last year of him doing autographs.. it's on twitter too..
Honestly if I knew how to post videos on here I would. I'm not great with technology. That's real life though, not being a smart ass. Both videos are there though on twitter if anyone else wants to post them. So yes, they're both real.

You know the game... I try not to get too personal but you have made it your mission to crap on AM for 2 years now and do so every chance you get.

He’s not here to defend himself, so at times, I respond heatedly. If that bothers you, there are 2 choices... you can cut the crap you constantly post about AM and I won’t have any reason to be frustrated with your posts, or you can keep crapping on AM every chance you get, and deal with my occasional posts that you find hurtful.

Reactions: 1NebrFan
tenor.gif

You know the game... I try not to get too personal but you have made it your mission to crap on AM for 2 years now and do so every chance you get.

He’s not here to defend himself, so at times, I respond heatedly. If that bothers you, there are 2 choices... you can cut the crap you constantly post about AM and I won’t have any reason to be frustrated with your posts, or you can keep crapping on AM every chance you get, and deal with my occasional posts that you find hurtful.
I haven't crapped on anyone today. Get over yourself. I'm sure you discuss politicians, or doctors, or coaches, or players or whatever else it is that you do and they aren't there to defend themselves either. I haven't made anything personal towards you or anyone else on this board. You don't agree with me, that is fine. But to act like I can't offer my opinion as part of the discussion is what make people like you so dangerous.

Personal? you attack a 19 year old kid, question his character and leadership abilities and I'm getting too personal because I said your negativity mirrors that of Stormking about the program? Can't talk smack and then play victim when you get called out. "Too personal" is over on the Open Board where they talk politics, not on this one.
Who is Stormking? (I honestly don't know) but you appear to be calling him out when he isn't here.

Look, you could not have any talk of any kind, if those people actually had to be there for the discussion. You just don't agree with me, and that is fine, but why the personal attacks? because that is the only card you have left to play I guess. I mean if you can't even post a video on the message board.... well some things can't be fixed.

I haven't crapped on anyone today. Get over yourself. I'm sure you discuss politicians, or doctors, or coaches, or players or whatever else it is that you do and they aren't there to defend themselves either. I haven't made anything personal towards you or anyone else on this board. You don't agree with me, that is fine. But to act like I can't offer my opinion as part of the discussion is what make people like you so dangerous.
Oh, since you took the day off from crapping on AM, you get a pass for all past offenses huh? Yesterday it was a crack about his flabby arms. But today you haven’t said anything so I need to cook it, huh?

If you don’t want the pushback, quit knocking the kid. As long as you are constantly bashing him, the pushback continues. As simple as that. I can’t tell you to stop sharing your opinion, but don’t expect me to stop my opinions about you.

If you make your opinion known and leave it be, that’s one thing. To make it known in 75 different threads is quite another. I don’t act this way with everyone. But since you can’t stop, I’ve upped my game as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT