ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Shanle Tweet

Well, I completely agree with the sentiment but can't say I saw much out there with 'supporting.'

Scott Shanle can stick it! We have some ballers on this team!!! He can call our players Pelini's groceries all he wants but it's best to keep his mouth shut until the game is over.

Scott Shanle can stick it! We have some ballers on this team!!! He can call our players Pelini's groceries all he wants but it's best to keep his mouth shut until the game is over.
Did you look at the board at the time of that tweet? I'm guessing there was an overwhelming amount of angst against Riley at the time of the post... If you want shanks to wait til the game is over, shouldn't you be saying the same thing to 90% of the people who posted here at that time as well?

True Husker Fans Will.
Truth is, I wanted to spout off at the mouth At One Point Today Too, but the truth is I can't turn away from one of my true loves in life (Nebraska Football)

How awesome of you to hate on our alumni. The exact thing you get butthurt about. Hypocrit
If they want to pick on current players and then shown to be very, very wrong...they deserve to be hated on. Our offensive line played well after Shanle's tweet. Our receivers made some big plays after taking big hits. Our quarterback was outstanding. We controlled the game from that point on. Shanle is a piece of trash.

If they want to pick on current players and then shown to be very, very wrong...they deserve to be hated on. Our offensive line played well after Shanle's tweet. Our receivers made some big plays after taking big hits. Our quarterback was outstanding. We controlled the game from that point on. Shanle is a piece of trash.
Pelini`s recruiting was poor and coach riley isn't doing significantly better

Says the troll preacher who threw said qb under the bus last year. Trash indeed. You are the expert in that department.

Says the troll preacher who threw said qb under the bus last year. Trash indeed. You are the expert in that department.
Keep saying it. I have already proved your nonsense wrong multiple times. Please, please, please look at all my posts.

Keep saying it. I have already proved your nonsense wrong multiple times. Please, please, please look at all my posts.
Bullshit. You are nothing more than a lying preacher. Your imaginary proof is a damn joke.

Did you look at the board at the time of that tweet? I'm guessing there was an overwhelming amount of angst against Riley at the time of the post... If you want shanks to wait til the game is over, shouldn't you be saying the same thing to 90% of the people who posted here at that time as well?
Ummmm just a few minutes before his post I started a thread telling those folks were going to be OK and just need to settle down and get a good drive going. So, yeah, I did tell people that.

Pelini`s recruiting was poor and coach riley isn't doing significantly better

Riley's recruitment isn't better? Do you think before you type? His efforts in the subject are light years better.

Riley has taken the recruiting handicap that the former staff had, and tackled it head on. 4 satellite camps? Our former staff heard of the concept, but nah, that's our off time during the summer.

3 years ago this January, on a very busy recruiting weekend, guess who I saw walking into Nathan Hale Middle School in Omaha to watch his son play a basketball tournament game? Bo Pelini.

I applaud Bo for wanting to be a family man, but I wondered to myself, how many major college coaches on a Saturday afternoon in the home stretch of the recruoting period were an hour away from campus doing nothing to do with recruitig, while there were recruits on an official visit? Especially after your team got.humiliated in the conference championship game a month earlier.

Being a major college.football coach requires sacrafices thst he appeared not willing to make. Bo also seemed to have the attitude he could take anyone and win. That's why we are thin at OL, DL, LB, CB.

Riley on the other had got what Bo rarely got, summer committments.

Reactions: StrongArm517
I keep hearing people say Mike Riley is recruiting better. But from a star average and how this class is playing out, we are doing significantly worse.

Riley's recruitment isn't better? Do you think before you type? His efforts in the subject are light years better.

Riley has taken the recruiting handicap that the former staff had, and tackled it head on. 4 satellite camps? Our former staff heard of the concept, but nah, that's our off time during the summer.

3 years ago this January, on a very busy recruiting weekend, guess who I saw walking into Nathan Hale Middle School in Omaha to watch his son play a basketball tournament game? Bo Pelini.

I applaud Bo for wanting to be a family man, but I wondered to myself, how many major college coaches on a Saturday afternoon in the home stretch of the recruoting period were an hour away from campus doing nothing to do with recruitig, while there were recruits on an official visit? Especially after your team got.humiliated in the conference championship game a month earlier.

Being a major college.football coach requires sacrafices thst he appeared not willing to make. Bo also seemed to have the attitude he could take anyone and win. That's why we are thin at OL, DL, LB, CB.

Riley on the other had got what Bo rarely got, summer committments.
Right...i`m not disagreeing with you that coach riley has much better effort and organization to his recruiting efforts. But the talent of the commits and the results of these increased efforts are not significantly better than that of coach bo. Thats all i`m saying

This isn't the class to ultimately judge Riley on as far as recruiting. IMO the 2017 class is where you see the results of their efforts come to fruition.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
Right...i`m not disagreeing with you that coach riley has much better effort and organization to his recruiting efforts. But the talent of the commits and the results of these increased efforts are not significantly better than that of coach bo. Thats all i`m saying

Riley held the last recruiting class together despite being hired when? Then he added two 4 star recruits to the class.

You say the quality is about equal, fair enough according to the all important stars. But I'm a little more secure knowing we have 15 now compared to Pelini years.

And yes it's a little unfair judging the recruiting of the current coach who has been on the job for about 10 months.

Pelini's classes may have seemed equal, but you don't win prizes based on the stars that sign with you. You win games with players who make impacts.

Pelini had a lot of solid looking 3 star players who never took meaningful snaps. Somehow I don't think this staff will.have such an abisimal record of getting production out of who they sign. This is the reason we are in the situation we are today with so little depth at numerous positions.

ADVERTISEMENT