ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost

of course.

A.) it's f'ing rutgers
B.) it's f'ing rutgers without their quarterback
C.) it's f'ing rutgers for crying out loud

let's not forget we also allowed a kickoff return for a TD in that game, too.
Absolutely agree. Until we shore up a lot of things, games against Rutgers will be close.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Anyone that thinks we've turned the corner based on 2nd half Rutgers needs to have their head examined.
No way have we turned a corner. That was one half of one game. Some of us hope it can be a building block for future success.

Yes. It's yet another excuse for a team that, time and time again, hasn't been prepared or coached up. We've got good talent, but lacking in leadership. It looks like the D may, collectively, be the guys that can at least help light a fire on Saturdays. But, still very much a question as to what in the hell is going on Mondays thru Fridays.
Gebbia

of course.

A.) it's f'ing rutgers

Bingo!!! There are teams that show up on Saturdays and don’t have continuous turnovers and penalties. Woulda, coulda, shoulda beat a team by more - or simply beat them - is simply an excuse you should not hear from a well coached team.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Yes. It's yet another excuse for a team that, time and time again, hasn't been prepared or coached up. We've got good talent, but lacking in leadership. It looks like the D may, collectively, be the guys that can at least help light a fire on Saturdays. But, still very much a question as to what in the hell is going on Mondays thru Fridays.
is the whole 'we've got talent' thing a direct inference from recruiting stars over the last 3 years?

those guys are gone. the ones who are left don't seem super talented compared to actual good teams.

I don't know how much talent we have, especially on offense. I suspect it's less than the 'top 20 recruiting classes!' crowd believe.

is the whole 'we've got talent' thing a direct inference from recruiting stars over the last 3 years?

those guys are gone. the ones who are left don't seem super talented compared to actual good teams.

I don't know how much talent we have, especially on offense. I suspect it's less than the 'top 20 recruiting classes!' crowd believe.
Where we need to be too 20 on offense is OLine, and we really haven’t lost much there through the portal. We know what we have at QB, but with an improved OLine, the rest of the offense stands a chance at being better.

Where we need to be too 20 on offense is OLine, and we really haven’t lost much there through the portal. We know what we have at QB, but with an improved OLine, the rest of the offense stands a chance at being better.
You also had this quote: "I don’t disagree. We haven’t been a well coached team. That needs to get better now."

I don't want to read more into what you are saying but it seems you are sounding the battle cry for an improved O line that is facilitated by improved coaching.

I agree with your assessment but question whether there will be growth in both the players and coaching staff. Time will reveal.

Last edited:
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
You also had this quote: "I don’t disagree. We haven’t been a well coached team. That needs to get better now."

I don't want to read more into what you are saying but it seems you are sounding the battle cry for an improved O line that is facilitated by improved coaching.

I agree with your assessment but question whether their will be growth in both the players and coaching staff. Time will reveal.
Good point. As much as I’m an optimist and want to say it will be better, I have no way of knowing that. As you said, time will reveal.

of course.

A.) it's f'ing rutgers

And that TD sealed the fate of our Special Teams Assistant I believe. We keep restructuring in the Special Teams dept just like coaching/AD’s. Soon as we get something that works, let’s hope we stick with it, even in a few bad instances. Need continuity. Hopefully Mr. Busch can help us get back to the great Special Teams we’ve had in the past.

D is solid, on all 3 levels. I like O line, receiving corp (including TE) is respectable, and AM is in fact talented, he's just not a leader, and makes mistakes, a lot, however, I think "coaching" may have something to do with it.

And that TD sealed the fate of our Special Teams Assistant I believe. We keep restructuring in the Special Teams dept just like coaching/AD’s. Soon as we get something that works, let’s hope we stick with it, even in a few bad instances. Need continuity. Hopefully Mr. Busch can help us get back to the great Special Teams we’ve had in the past.
What ST assistant? We had an analyst, not a coach. Huge difference.

Anyone that thinks we've turned the corner based on 2nd half Rutgers needs to have their head examined.
Anyone that thinks Martinez played worth a shit at Rutgers last year didn't watch the game.

He single handedly almost lost that game. And except the overall talent gap was hugely tilted in our favor, we would have lost that game. A gutted Rutgers team that didn't even have a QB.

Anyone that thinks Martinez played worth a shit at Rutgers last year didn't watch the game.

He single handedly almost lost that game for us. And except the overall talent gap was hugely tilted in our favor, we would have lost that game. A gutted Rutgers team that didn't even have a QB.

I watched that game. What a trainwreck of a season. It was so embarrassing the way we played. We barely beat an injured and inferior Rutgers. It was like no improvement.

Reactions: Chuck003
I agree that AM isn’t a great QB. But the rest of the O has been terrible too. Center: can’t snap the Freaking ball. Other linemen act like statues or matadors. RB’s haven’t been great, definitely no break-away speed. WR’s don’t get separation or catch consistently.

I think there is better talent at all positions other than QB. Obviously a great QB makes a difference between playing and not playing for championships. But if the O can snap the ball and not throw off AM’s timing and actually block somebody so he doesn’t panic, that would be a significant improvement. Opening up holes and RB’s that can hit a hole and pick up big chunks of yards will help. And a WR or 2 that can stretch the field will help. That can be the difference between >6 wins and sitting at the house in December.

That’s where we need to start.
He might not be great but If he gets hurt we are effed

He might not be great but If he gets hurt we are effed
newsflash: we are effed if he stays healthy

AM represents, at best, purgatory

he is a loser

we need winners

frankly, give me a total unknown over a known loser every single day of the week.

U.N.I.T.

Haarberg would be a 3/1 favorite in a cage match vs AM based on measurables alone

add in his comments post spring game (all direct shots at AM being the biggest loser this university has ever laid eyes on), it goes to 5/1

He single handedly almost lost that game. And except the overall talent gap was hugely tilted in our favor, we would have lost that game. A gutted Rutgers team that didn't even have a QB.
Didn't he lose 2 fumbles and throw 2 interceptions?

Reactions: bigboxes
U.N.I.T.

Haarberg would be a 3/1 favorite in a cage match vs AM based on measurables alone

add in his comments post spring game (all direct shots at AM being the biggest loser this university has ever laid eyes on), it goes to 5/1
Hey, I’m with you 1000% on Martinez being awful.

At the same time, Haarberg was seriously 5-13 for 77 vs Auburn last year in the playoffs. He ain’t ready my man.

Hey, I’m with you 1000% on Martinez being awful.

At the same time, Haarberg was seriously 5-13 for 77 vs Auburn last year in the playoffs. He ain’t ready my man.
what does ready mean

we are coming off 3 straight kick in the balls embarrassing seasons with our current QB, who got beat out last year by a kid who's now somewhere on the depth chart at rice

what is AM 'ready' to do? take us to the whogivesashit bowl on dec 22nd while winning 3 conf games?

give me 'not ready' over what we have all day long

Reactions: bigboxes
what does ready mean

we are coming off 3 straight kick in the balls embarrassing seasons with our current QB, who got beat out last year by a kid who's now somewhere on the depth chart at rice

what is AM 'ready' to do? take us to the whogivesashit bowl on dec 22nd while winning 3 conf games?

give me 'not ready' over what we have all day long
Not ready means Beau Davis.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Scott Frost is a good coach, but he (and Heupel) rode the McKenzie Milton train to millions of dollars. You watch, KZ is going to make Norvel look like a genius at Florida State. Even with a bum knee the guy has the knack for making plays. Scott was not a head coach long enough at UCF to face much adversity. His main problem is that he is too close with his staff. Chinander is suspect as a DC and sometimes you have to let people go. The players at UCF loved SF. But if he cannot put it together somewhat this year then then he may not be P5 head coach material.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
Scott Frost is a good coach, but he (and Heupel) rode the McKenzie Milton train to millions of dollars. You watch, KZ is going to make Norvel look like a genius at Florida State. Even with a bum knee the guy has the knack for making plays. Scott was not a head coach long enough at UCF to face much adversity. His main problem is that he is too close with his staff. Chinander is suspect as a DC and sometimes you have to let people go. The players at UCF loved SF. But if he cannot put it together somewhat this year then then he may not be P5 head coach material.
This is what I'm afraid of. He's coached some really good quarterbacks at Oregon and Florida, but he is not done well at all in Nebraska going into year four. I expected he could get better players with his resume. Milton was a special player. Made it look easy

ADVERTISEMENT