ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost

ok 3 scholly qbs on the roster. 2 projects. one starter with history of turning ball over (45) and missing games because of injury (reasonable given number of carries). what could possibly go wrong?
other than that i really like our roster going into 21 season.

We don't really have a choice in the near term, he has a huge buyout, too many people are still in his corner (including TO), and we can't stand anymore churn in the football/athletic program. We are like a woman stuck in an abusive marriage she can't get out of.
I thought after year 5 the total buyout was 5 million? In Buyout terms that is not bad. Just a thought but shit maybe they can fire him for cause, 4 years and still under .500

I thought after year 5 the total buyout was 5 million? In Buyout terms that is not bad. Just a thought but shit maybe they can fire him for cause, 4 years and still under .500
In November 2019 he was extended two more years to 2026 (which I think is the end of FY 2025 - June 30th 2025). If he were fired after this 2021 season he would have to be paid for four more years, $20M.

Reactions: dinglefritz
In November 2019 he was extended two more years to 2026 (which I think is the end of FY 2025 - June 30th 2025). If he were fired after this 2021 season he would have to be paid for four more years, $20M.
And it ain't happenin. Fire Frost and have to pay out another 20 million when you know the next guy would need at least 5 million per year? Never going to happen. It's a deliberate poison pill to prevent another Stevie P from doing something stupid. Anybody wanting Frost gone better just suck it up and get on board.

And it ain't happenin. Fire Frost and have to pay out another 20 million when you know the next guy would need at least 5 million per year? Never going to happen. It's a deliberate poison pill to prevent another Stevie P from doing something stupid. Anybody wanting Frost gone better just suck it up and get on board.
Don’t tell Archie Miller this.

Enough losing will get big checks cut. Nobody likes to be embarrassed less than very rich alumnus. Frost isn’t going to be handed one single extra centimeter of rope, so he’d better not hang himself with what he’s already been gifted.

Every single week needs to be earned by every single individual involved in the football program from yesterday to eternity.

Don’t tell Archie Miller this.

Enough losing will get big checks cut. Nobody likes to be embarrassed less than very rich alumnus. Frost isn’t going to be handed one single extra centimeter of rope, so he’d better not hang himself with what he’s already been gifted.

Every single week needs to be earned by every single individual involved in the football program from yesterday to eternity.
Exactly. This season is pivotal for Frost. Year 4. He can no longer blame “bad apples” or “poor culture” or “poor conditioning“ from the previous staff. This is now entirely his team. His players. His culture. His coaching. His conditioning program. Flop again this year and all bets are off. What will be very important isn’t just how many wins and losses, but also how we look in both. Another season of undisciplined play (turnovers, penalties, boneheaded QB decisions like running out of bounds against Iowa when we were trying to bleed clock) and the wolves will be at the door. Even if we lose to OU, OSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin, it will be important HOW we lose. And can we please stop finding ways to lose to ****ing Iowa?

I would also add that Frost needs to stop losing to teams like Illinois, Minnesota, Northwestern, Iowa, and Purdue if he has any hope of bringing Nebraska football back. We simply must start winning the games we have the talent to win and stop pissing down our own legs. We damn near lost to Rutgers last year even though we outplayed them by a wide margin due to sloppy play and bad special teams. We need to start looking like a well coached team if Frost expects to stay on as the coach.

Exactly. This season is pivotal for Frost. Year 4. He can no longer blame “bad apples” or “poor culture” or “poor conditioning“ from the previous staff. This is now entirely his team. His players. His culture. His coaching. His conditioning program. Flop again this year and all bets are off. What will be very important isn’t just how many wins and losses, but also how we look in both. Another season of undisciplined play (turnovers, penalties, boneheaded QB decisions like running out of bounds against Iowa when we were trying to bleed clock) and the wolves will be at the door. Even if we lose to OU, OSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin, it will be important HOW we lose. And can we please stop finding ways to lose to ****ing Iowa?
I always suspected a large part of his problem in both practice and games was focusing on being the offensive coordinator, thereby losing the bubble on the big picture.

I wonder if Frost regrets going back. Ya i'm a UCF grad but just saying. At that time he was red hot. I wonder if he even took the Florida Gator job (who i hate) he would have been successful based on his recruiting ties and mojo within the state. IDK i don't see that same Frost like I did when he was at UCF but at that time he was the man in Central Florida.

Reactions: salsa red
I wonder if Frost regrets going back. Ya i'm a UCF grad but just saying. At that time he was red hot. I wonder if he even took the Florida Gator job (who i hate) he would have been successful based on his recruiting ties and mojo within the state. IDK i don't see that same Frost like I did when he was at UCF but at that time he was the man in Central Florida.
Some on here won’t agree with this, but if he would have went to Gainesville he would have been very successful compared to taking over here in Lincoln after the mess Riley left..

Florida is 29-9 with one division title since 2018 with the talent they were left with in Gainesville SF could have had similar results..

Some on here won’t agree with this, but if he would have went to Gainesville he would have been very successful compared to taking over here in Lincoln after the mess Riley left..

Florida is 29-9 with one division title since 2018 with the talent they were left with in Gainesville SF could have had similar results..
True I think he would have been widely successful. He did take over a complete 0-12 train wreck at UCF Oleary left us and turned it to 12-0 in 2 seasons. I just wonder how he would have done if he stayed or went to UF. I think he banked on Martinez working out for him. At that time in Orlando before he left he could have went anywhere, or at least in the Orlando's eyes. Not trying to stir it up but we are hearing about the AD on local radio in Orlando which brought me to your board.

Buyouts are there to keep poachers away or coach leaving for greener pastures. IF coach is fired without cause , which is probably spelled out in contract what "cause" is, you have to pay coach balance due on contract

What the hell is this loyalty to Scott Frost?? If his name was Scott Hagman would yall still be saying this stuff?? Dude makes $5 million a year, damn near 2wice as much as any coach in the history of Nebraska with the worse results in 55 years.

Then you got some saying give him "several" MORE years....wtf! Can you tell me the last school where a coach had 4 losing seasons in a row and didn't get fired? Whose the last coach anywhere that lasted 7-8 years and suddenly hit the switch and started winning?

That's not how it goes, coaches are who they are and you know pretty quick, usually year 2 if they any good. Frost needs to win THIS YEAR and consistently going forward and he KNOWS THAT.

There is a different mindset from Nebraska fans the further you LIVE away from Lincoln. Every program has issues...alot way worse than what Nebraska has and they either turned it around or trying to with a different coach. It's 2021......NO MORE EXCUSES!
I guarantee you were one of those that lived in the dilusional world of expecting instant glory when Frost got here. Don't even try and talk your way out of it!

Reactions: timnsun
True I think he would have been widely successful. He did take over a complete 0-12 train wreck at UCF Oleary left us and turned it to 12-0 in 2 seasons. I just wonder how he would have done if he stayed or went to UF. I think he banked on Martinez working out for him. At that time in Orlando before he left he could have went anywhere, or at least in the Orlando's eyes. Not trying to stir it up but we are hearing about the AD on local radio in Orlando which brought me to your board.
The train wreck was 31-9 in the three seasons before the 0-12.

Reactions: cruelhalo
That would make sense if the defense was struggling and the offense was clicking.
I'm not sure whether you are agreeing or disagreeing with me. What I mean is if a head coach is a CEO and notices a particular player is having issues first half (like loafing on kickoff coverage) he has time in the locker room to chew him, love him, correct him, whatever it takes to fix the problem. Doesn't matter whether it is offense, defense or special teams. Meanwhile his offensive and defensive coordinators are with their players scribbling away on dry erase boards. I haven't a clue what goes on in our locker room, but I suspect Frost is scribbling away on a dry erase board instead of motivating, which is why things often don't improve after half and also why the players come out flat (as proven by 3rd Q statistics). It appears to me some of the times the QB was snapping the ball with way too much time on the play clock, HCSF was on the headset talking about the next play and not paying attention to what his QB was doing during the current play. I mean.....there must be SOME reason many of the fundamentals always seem to slip through the cracks.

During the NC game with Miami Osborne brought the team together at half and told them what he wanted to see going forward. One of the things he said it was inevitable a Miami player would take a cheap shot and told the team no one was to retaliate. Sure enough, a Miami player shoved Christian Peter's head into the dirt, Peter didn't do anything but put his arms up like wtf and the Miami player drew a late, drive-killing PF at a critical time. Would have been hard for TO to do that if he were scribbling on a chalk board.

Reactions: pahusker139
I'm not sure whether you are agreeing or disagreeing with me. What I mean is if a head coach is a CEO and notices a particular player is having issues first half (like loafing on kickoff coverage) he has time in the locker room to chew him, love him, correct him, whatever it takes to fix the problem. Doesn't matter whether it is offense, defense or special teams. Meanwhile his offensive and defensive coordinators are with their players scribbling away on dry erase boards. I haven't a clue what goes on in our locker room, but I suspect Frost is scribbling away on a dry erase board instead of motivating, which is why things often don't improve after half and also why the players come out flat (as proven by 3rd Q statistics). It appears to me some of the times the QB was snapping the ball with way too much time on the play clock, HCSF was on the headset talking about the next play and not paying attention to what his QB was doing during the current play. I mean.....there must be SOME reason many of the fundamentals always seem to slip through the cracks.

During the NC game with Miami Osborne brought the team together at half and told them what he wanted to see going forward. One of the things he said it was inevitable a Miami player would take a cheap shot and told the team no one was to retaliate. Sure enough, a Miami player shoved Christian Peter's head into the dirt, Peter didn't do anything but put his arms up like wtf and the Miami player drew a late, drive-killing PF at a critical time. Would have been hard for TO to do that if he were scribbling on a chalk board.
I suggest you find a good HS or even a small college team to spend half time with. I have never been in a major college half time locker room at half time but you are always making adjustments to what the opposition is doing to you. The motivation you are talking about in referring to Tom's speech is more a rundown of what to expect the second half with his sage advice before coming back on the field. The X and O's have already been gone over based on what the opposition is doing. Injuries need attention, retaking, groups going over what they are seeing all take place in a very short amount of time.

I read an interview today with Barry Alvarez where he says, among other things, that Frost is a good coach and that Nebraska fans just need to be "patient." Unlike some on on here, I kind of like Barry and so I think his words should be taken seriously. However, all that said, the "Frost problem" remains and provoked some thoughts on my part.

First, I think Frost is a good football coach. But good football coaches come in different types. There are some coaches who are very good at taking a talented team and putting together a winning program. There are other coaches who are very good at turning programs around - - programs that lack talent and are a dumpster fire when the new coach comes in. Frost did a good job at Central Florida but he inherited a talented roster and had a great QB. But he has, so far, failed at Nebraska and so it would seem that he is a coach who is good at taking talent and turning them into winners but maybe not so good at turning around a dumpster fire. On the other hand maybe he is good at turning things around but the dumpster fire was so severe that it will take five or six years to turn this around. Who knows? Furthermore, an argument can be made that by this time Frost has upgraded the talent sufficiently to put a better product on the field than what we have seen. Penalties, turnovers, poor special teams, transfers of our best players ... these are bad signs. The program, in terms of talent, is no longer a dumpster fire and it wasn't last year either. So why the undisciplined play? Why the transfers?

With the hiring of a new AD, and assuming it is not Davison, if Frost has another losing season pressure will mount to fire him. But Barry counsels patience. But how long can we wait? Because even if Frost IS a good coach the fact is that in modern college football you only have a small window of opportunity, for better or for worse, to turn a team around. If you don't do it in four years, the negative recruiting ratchets up, national publicity becomes negative, and an ethos of irrelevance and losing settles in. How can we keep up our recruiting in such an environment? So I ask again: how long do we wait? I HATE the coaching carousel and rolling the dice on yet another new coach is no sure bet. Unless that coach is a huge splash hire which, given the state of our program, is highly unlikely. No great coach in his right mind will want to come to a school where, apparently, coaches go to ruin their careers. So if Frost cannot turn us around this year, who really can? It is a real dilemma.

I honestly don't know what to think other than the fact that if we win this year and turn things around all of this talk will go away. It is my hope that this season is the true turning point. But I have my doubts. In modern football you need a QB who is either a great QB or a great game manager for the talent that surrounds him and does not make mistakes that kill the team. AMart does not fit into either category. So here we sit... and wait. Again.
Pennsy, I am not certain of Barry's exact quote on Frost but if he used the word "good" that would put him in the category of a lot of coaches who are good, but not great.

Pick a sport, pick a level and you will see the differences between the good coaches and the very good ones. That extreme attention to detail in every phase of the game, each position, epitomize the truly great coaches. They can see and correct mistakes before they even happen. We simply do not have that on our staff in spades. How else do you explain why we continually make the same mistakes, same poor technique, same results.

Special teams is a picture of this team's overall success. How in the world can we be through year 3 with such lousy (and that is being kind) special team play? We have 160 players on the team but yet can't find guys to play ST? No, we are being completely out coached, out prepared and outsmarted.

The margin in the B10 is very small so every misstep by a lineman shows up big, every peek into the backfield, goes over your head, etc. Good teams, not even great teams, take advantage of mistakes in technique.

Until Frost sees where the constant mistakes are coming from and is willing to address them, we will see this same page over and over like we have the past three years. This staff is going to eventually be shaken up, it just inevitable to me but I could be wrong.

I also don't completely buy into the line that Riley is the fault of all of this. If you are a good coach you will see what you have coming up and work like heck to fix it. Either poor evaluation of who you have or poor coaching of the same. Where was the portal used to fix all these problems the last three years?

No doubt QB play is killing us. No doubt there has not been a supporting group for him as well. Why hasn't there been more development of players? That's my beef, just pick a position and ask yourself why. DB comes as close as any I suppose.

This team needs to play up to their star ratings which they have not come close to so far. This is concerning, especially in year three going on four. Where is the QB to back up Adrian this year WHEN he goes down and for that matter, next year when he may be gone? That is both poor player development and roster managment.

Covid has been blamed as a reason our young team.has not developed but in the other hand, we have an experienced D coming back because of it.

The heat is clearly on Frost and his staff as well it should be. You are seeing the results in recent recruiting so the signs are there. I would fully expect if this isn't as good as expected some assistants will be on the block. Frost is here to stay, sink or swim.

Yep. He could literally win zero games this year and I highly doubt he gets fired. Not that that will happen, but as Husker fans you might as well face facts. If you think his job is on the line this year you're delusional.

Pennsy, I am not certain of Barry's exact quote on Frost but if he used the word "good" that would put him in the category of a lot of coaches who are good, but not great.

Pick a sport, pick a level and you will see the differences between the good coaches and the very good ones. That extreme attention to detail in every phase of the game, each position, epitomize the truly great coaches. They can see and correct mistakes before they even happen. We simply do not have that on our staff in spades. How else do you explain why we continually make the same mistakes, same poor technique, same results.

Special teams is a picture of this team's overall success. How in the world can we be through year 3 with such lousy (and that is being kind) special team play? We have 160 players on the team but yet can't find guys to play ST? No, we are being completely out coached, out prepared and outsmarted.

The margin in the B10 is very small so every misstep by a lineman shows up big, every peek into the backfield, goes over your head, etc. Good teams, not even great teams, take advantage of mistakes in technique.

Until Frost sees where the constant mistakes are coming from and is willing to address them, we will see this same page over and over like we have the past three years. This staff is going to eventually be shaken up, it just inevitable to me but I could be wrong.

I also don't completely buy into the line that Riley is the fault of all of this. If you are a good coach you will see what you have coming up and work like heck to fix it. Either poor evaluation of who you have or poor coaching of the same. Where was the portal used to fix all these problems the last three years?

No doubt QB play is killing us. No doubt there has not been a supporting group for him as well. Why hasn't there been more development of players? That's my beef, just pick a position and ask yourself why. DB comes as close as any I suppose.

This team needs to play up to their star ratings which they have not come close to so far. This is concerning, especially in year three going on four. Where is the QB to back up Adrian this year WHEN he goes down and for that matter, next year when he may be gone? That is both poor player development and roster managment.

Covid has been blamed as a reason our young team.has not developed but in the other hand, we have an experienced D coming back because of it.

The heat is clearly on Frost and his staff as well it should be. You are seeing the results in recent recruiting so the signs are there. I would fully expect if this isn't as good as expected some assistants will be on the block. Frost is here to stay, sink or swim.
Well stated!

Defense returns pretty much intact with nice additions in Kolarevic and Johnson. Signs of life in the WR and RB rooms. Martinez has trimmed up. If the RB and WR play grades up, I hope to see Adrian’s play being more in line with his freshman year.
Its unfortunate when our success hangs on Adrian.. The picture at Omaha showed me one thing. He was not pudgy. Fat faceced. He had been.

This might qualify as post of the year, certainly post of the month.

A guy named Lew Alcindor was a highly sought after high school player in New York City. He chose to go to UCLA and play for the great John Wooden. He couldn't wait for the first practice when Coach Wooden would draw up a hundred plays on the chalk board. However, the first practice Wooden came out with a pair of sneakers and socks. He spent the next 30 minutes of precious practice time instructing the freshman how to put on socks and lace up shoes. Lew was disappointed, but learned over time that the most important things are the fundamentals. A team can have the greatest plays in the world, but if a couple players have broken ankles from tripping over their shoelaces, the plays don't matter.

Nebraska needs more shoelaces and less chalkboard. But as desperately as I want to be proved wrong, I don't think Coach Frost is a shoelaces guy.

I read an interview today with Barry Alvarez where he says, among other things, that Frost is a good coach and that Nebraska fans just need to be "patient." Unlike some on on here, I kind of like Barry and so I think his words should be taken seriously. However, all that said, the "Frost problem" remains and provoked some thoughts on my part.

First, I think Frost is a good football coach. But good football coaches come in different types. There are some coaches who are very good at taking a talented team and putting together a winning program. There are other coaches who are very good at turning programs around - - programs that lack talent and are a dumpster fire when the new coach comes in. Frost did a good job at Central Florida but he inherited a talented roster and had a great QB. But he has, so far, failed at Nebraska and so it would seem that he is a coach who is good at taking talent and turning them into winners but maybe not so good at turning around a dumpster fire. On the other hand maybe he is good at turning things around but the dumpster fire was so severe that it will take five or six years to turn this around. Who knows? Furthermore, an argument can be made that by this time Frost has upgraded the talent sufficiently to put a better product on the field than what we have seen. Penalties, turnovers, poor special teams, transfers of our best players ... these are bad signs. The program, in terms of talent, is no longer a dumpster fire and it wasn't last year either. So why the undisciplined play? Why the transfers?

With the hiring of a new AD, and assuming it is not Davison, if Frost has another losing season pressure will mount to fire him. But Barry counsels patience. But how long can we wait? Because even if Frost IS a good coach the fact is that in modern college football you only have a small window of opportunity, for better or for worse, to turn a team around. If you don't do it in four years, the negative recruiting ratchets up, national publicity becomes negative, and an ethos of irrelevance and losing settles in. How can we keep up our recruiting in such an environment? So I ask again: how long do we wait? I HATE the coaching carousel and rolling the dice on yet another new coach is no sure bet. Unless that coach is a huge splash hire which, given the state of our program, is highly unlikely. No great coach in his right mind will want to come to a school where, apparently, coaches go to ruin their careers. So if Frost cannot turn us around this year, who really can? It is a real dilemma.

I honestly don't know what to think other than the fact that if we win this year and turn things around all of this talk will go away. It is my hope that this season is the true turning point. But I have my doubts. In modern football you need a QB who is either a great QB or a great game manager for the talent that surrounds him and does not make mistakes that kill the team. AMart does not fit into either category. So here we sit... and wait. Again.
We need a defense that can pressure the QB, a defensive coordinator who knows how to signal in a blitz packag, A head coach who GAF about defense Rather then thinking he will win in a 51-48 shootout. THT IS all rNT OVER

Well said. I hope you are wrong about Frost and staff. But my fear is that you are right.

What the hell is this loyalty to Scott Frost?? If his name was Scott Hagman would yall still be saying this stuff?? Dude makes $5 million a year, damn near 2wice as much as any coach in the history of Nebraska with the worse results in 55 years.

Then you got some saying give him "several" MORE years....wtf! Can you tell me the last school where a coach had 4 losing seasons in a row and didn't get fired? Whose the last coach anywhere that lasted 7-8 years and suddenly hit the switch and started winning?

That's not how it goes, coaches are who they are and you know pretty quick, usually year 2 if they any good. Frost needs to win THIS YEAR and consistently going forward and he KNOWS THAT.

There is a different mindset from Nebraska fans the further you LIVE away from Lincoln. Every program has issues...alot way worse than what Nebraska has and they either turned it around or trying to with a different coach. It's 2021......NO MORE EXCUSES!

I agree that Scott Frost needs to start coaching a team that wins games. However, Scott did not inherit a team that was just missing a few parts or was playing below expectations. He came to a team that had gone through the turmoil of Bo's last couple of years followed by undoubtedly the worst three years of the team's modern history coached by Mike Riley. Looking back the expectations for Scott were far to high. Do I think he has made mistakes? Sure, but I think we Husker fans need to be careful. The next Nick Saban is not walking into the building. It is a whole new world out there. College football is going to become just like college basketball. It will not be unusual for a player to play at two and even three different schools.

I personally think Scott has made the same mistake that has plagued many other coaches. He hasn't found a quarterback. I don't think he has missed on just one either. Has there been one of Scott's quarterbacks in the program that has shown he can bring stability and winning to the team? A great quarterback is not necessarily going eliminate the poor play and penalties that the Huskers have incurred over the last several years, but it sure would help.

If Scott is not the answer then who is? I asked that same question after Bo was fired (and no I am not advocating Bo should have been kept). Who is Nebraska going to hire that is a better coach? At that time Eichorst went out and hired Mike Riley. So tell me what good coach is going to pack his bags and head to Lincoln if Nebraska fires Scott Frost?

Last edited:
  • Love
Well said. I hope you are wrong about Frost and staff. But my fear is that you are right.
This is not true say that a lot of this can't be corrected, it can IF there is willingness to do so. You look at even our Huskers of yesteryear fame, there was constant change and improvement being made. But, there has to be the very foundational details taken care first. Just changing from a 5-2 to a 4-3 or a 3-4 to a 4-3 or 3-5 or whatever isn't just the answer if you still have players making the little mistakes with basic technique.

I sometimes wonder, especially on O if there was too much reliance on the scheme of the O rather than the individual execution of each player. I remember watching UCF play and on a couple of big plays where one would think the blocking was the key, it wasn't. The design of the play created the opening and there are just so many better coaches and athletes in this league that it doesn't work as well. This is all just my opinion of course. Someone will come along and tell me I am full of it which I very well may be.

I agree that Scott Frost needs to start coaching a team that wins games. However, Scott did not inherit a team that was just missing a few parts or was playing below expectations. He came to a team that had gone through the turmoil of Bo's last couple of years followed by undoubtedly the worst three years of the team's modern history coached by Mike Riley. Looking back the expectations for Scott were far to high. Do I think he has made mistakes? Sure, but I think we Huskers fans need to be careful. The next Nick Saban is not walking into the building. It is a whole new world out there. college football is going to become just like college basketball. It will not be unusual for a player to play at two and even three different schools.

I personally think Scott has made the same mistake that has plagued many other coaches. He hasn't found a quarterback. I don't think he has missed on just one either. Has there been one of Scott's quarterbacks in the program that has shown he can bring stability and winning to the team? A great quarterback is not necessarily going eliminate the poor play and penalties that the Huskers have incurred over the last several years, but it sure would help.

If Scott is not the answer then who is? I asked that same answer after Bo was fired (and no I am not advocating Bo should have been kept). Who is Nebraska going to hire that is a better coach. At that time Eichorst went out and hired Mike Riley. So tell me what good coach is going to pack his bags and head to Lincoln if Nebraska fires Scott Frost?
Bingo. Sorry not to bring it back to UCF but in year one we were 6-6 and lost in the cure bowl to Ark State and they looked pathetic. It wasn't until Milton got going that the team took off. All comes down to the guy under center being on the same page as the coach and team. Milton was head and shoulders the leader. I think for Frost he needs to find that.

I agree that Scott Frost needs to start coaching a team that wins games. However, Scott did not inherit a team that was just missing a few parts or was playing below expectations. He came to a team that had gone through the turmoil of Bo's last couple of years followed by undoubtedly the worst three years of the team's modern history coached by Mike Riley. Looking back the expectations for Scott were far to high. Do I think he has made mistakes? Sure, but I think we Huskers fans need to be careful. The next Nick Saban is not walking into the building. It is a whole new world out there. college football is going to become just like college basketball. It will not be unusual for a player to play at two and even three different schools.

If Scott is not the answer then who is? I asked that same answer after Bo was fired (and no I am not advocating Bo should have been kept). Who is Nebraska going to hire that is a better coach. At that time Eichorst went out and hired Mike Riley. So tell me what good coach is going to pack his bags and head to Lincoln if Nebraska fires Scott Frost?
Problem is, even if we found someone...if they were highly successful here, you can bet they wouldn't stay. Eventually home comes calling.

I guess I was disagreeing with you. My point was that, if the defense wasn’t improving and just flat sucked and the HC/OC was spending his time with the offense on the sideline, going over plays and reviewing mistakes, I could see the point.

I blame Frost for a lot of things but I don’t have a recollection of him sitting on the bench while the defense was on the field reviewing plays with the QB or talking about the next play. My memories are of him fully involved with the game and the defense. There may be some instances that I missed, but it was never blatant to me.

Good article, can’t disagree with this one bit.. But he decided to take on the responsibility of changing the program to what it was after he graduated and I can’t blame him for that, but I can agree he would have been better off first taking the Florida job with a better Stability in that program and not the dumpster fire he came to inherit..
True but to argue against the article if your heart isn't 100% into it than who knows how it would have been. I think he could have made a bigger dent at UCF if he stayed 1-2 more years but UCF got it when he left and why. If he would have went to UF he would be enemy #1.

Frank Beamer

Frank Beamer
Close but no, Beamer was able to get two winning seasons in his first 4 years.

1987 - 2-9
1988 - 3-8
1989 - 6-4-1
1990 - 6-5
1991 - 5-6
1992 - 2-8-1
1993 -2015 no losing records.

With that said, a Beamer-like trajectory is probably what we Nebraska fans have to hope for. As a fan base, we are always looking for the exception to the rule, this is as good as any.

Close but no, Beamer was able to get two winning seasons in his first 4 years.

1987 - 2-9
1988 - 3-8
1989 - 6-4-1
1990 - 6-5
1991 - 5-6
1992 - 2-8-1
1993 -2015 no losing records.

With that said, a Beamer-like trajectory is probably what we Nebraska fans have to hope for. As a fan base, we are always looking for the exception to the rule, this is as good as any.
Beamer Ball was solid defense combined with excellent special teams play. Nebraska is on the way to achieving the first, but special teams are a mess.

Reactions: bshirt73

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT