ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost

I think Tennessee could be fixin to offer him good money. There's a lot of that starting to circle around.

After Butch Jones and Derek Dooley, I think Tennessee will be hesitant to hire another head coach from a smaller program with no ties to Tennessee.

Jim Bob Cooter might be a slam dunk if he had a better name - he's the Lions offensive coordinator and former Tennessee QB. Might be hard to recruit with that name, though. I also wouldn't be surprised if they pursued Venables.

Tennessee is pretty much the Nebraska of the SEC -haven't been relevant since the 90s. They are closer to good recruiting areas, but you also have to remember they are competing with the likes of Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, etc. for these recruits. It is not an easy job by any means.

Grass is always greener. It's a tough job folks. Just admit it. We have had a dc that was coming off of a national championship. If we didn't do it then and we didn't have success with a NFL coach, then what makes us think we can do it with SFrost...
I know it's frustrating to hear Coach Riley with his ho hum attitude about losing but he says he understands the expectation and at the same time, He did say he is building it from the ground up. He also has a lot of talented players committed and young players learning. So what difference would Scott bring to the table. I know the ocean states have a clear advantage in recruiting, but who is having huge success besides Ohio state? So to think you can throw a recruiting class away and hire Scott to come save everything and take us to the top, in my opinion, is just wishful thinking. I think it takes so much more work to do at NU and it takes time to set up all the facets in doing it. I know, Northern illinois just beat us... Blows my mind too.
I am fine with putting pressure on a coach to get better or else, but to not give him a little time to see what he can do once under heavy pressure is kinda why we are in this mess to begin with.
Are we actually getting better if we keep hiring and firing every 3 years? It kills recruiting and that does play a factor into results on the field too. I am so tired of turning everything over... Maybe I just don't like change. My vote is to keep Riley atleast one more year. I know it's not popular. Don't crucify me.

I wouldn't move back to Florida for any amount of money. But that's me. 20 million people (and 60 million cars) disagree, apparently.

Grass is always greener. It's a tough job folks. Just admit it. We have had a dc that was coming off of a national championship. If we didn't do it then and we didn't have success with a NFL coach, then what makes us think we can do it with SFrost...
I know it's frustrating to hear Coach Riley with his ho hum attitude about losing but he says he understands the expectation and at the same time, He did say he is building it from the ground up. He also has a lot of talented players committed and young players learning. So what difference would Scott bring to the table. I know the ocean states have a clear advantage in recruiting, but who is having huge success besides Ohio state? So to think you can throw a recruiting class away and hire Scott to come save everything and take us to the top, in my opinion, is just wishful thinking. I think it takes so much more work to do at NU and it takes time to set up all the facets in doing it. I know, Northern illinois just beat us... Blows my mind too.
I am fine with putting pressure on a coach to get better or else, but to not give him a little time to see what he can do once under heavy pressure is kinda why we are in this mess to begin with.
Are we actually getting better if we keep hiring and firing every 3 years? It kills recruiting and that does play a factor into results on the field too. I am so tired of turning everything over... Maybe I just don't like change. My vote is to keep Riley atleast one more year. I know it's not popular. Don't crucify me.

Other programs survive (and even thrive) with coaching changes. PSU is killing it right now, when their program was sanctioned and punished. I know, not all situations are the same, but it they can do it, we can do it. Just need the right HC and supporting recruiters/staffers.

After Butch Jones and Derek Dooley, I think Tennessee will be hesitant to hire another head coach from a smaller program with no ties to Tennessee.

Jim Bob Cooter might be a slam dunk if he had a better name - he's the Lions offensive coordinator and former Tennessee QB. Might be hard to recruit with that name, though. I also wouldn't be surprised if they pursued Venables.

Tennessee is pretty much the Nebraska of the SEC -haven't been relevant since the 90s. They are closer to good recruiting areas, but you also have to remember they are competing with the likes of Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, etc. for these recruits. It is not an easy job by any means.

Don't disagree, there is just a ton of smoke that he is at the top of their list from what I have seen,

RollingLaugh

Frost! Frost! Frost! Frost!

Leads the nation in scoring. First time since the 80's that UCF has started 4-0.

Frost is legit. Frost is the only hire that could unite the program, the state, the alumni, etc.

Get it done!

Reactions: Husker-NJ
Frost! Frost! Frost! Frost!

Leads the nation in scoring. First time since the 80's that UCF has started 4-0.

Frost is legit. Frost is the only hire that could unite the program, the state, the alumni, etc.

Get it done!
No there would still be somebody remembering him shunning NU for Stanford that would be pissed plus his staff is all non-Huskers.

They are 4-0 and ranked number 21. UCF is a lot closer to a top program than NU is right now.
They're a top 20 team this year. They are nowhere near a top 20 program. The word "Program" implies history, fan base, tradition. UCF has none of that. They only got 30,000 fans and they're stadium was half full in one of their biggest games this year. They we 0-12 just two years ago. Why is Frost likely to leave UCF for Nebraska if we weren't a better program?

Well he's under pressure right now and he still controls his own destiny. Win out and he'll keep his job.

We should of hired SF three years ago. Now is the perfect timing. Do it now or he will be lost forever. He believes in Nebraska and can get it done with Nebraska guys. He's even said that the 97 team had 10 Nebraska guys on the offense. With his spread offense, I know he can get it done...and for many years to come. I will be attending his game at SMU next month sporting my Nebraska gear. He will be our next coach!!!

They're a top 20 team this year. They are nowhere near a top 20 program. The word "Program" implies history, fan base, tradition. UCF has none of that. They only got 30,000 fans and they're stadium was half full in one of their biggest games this year. They we 0-12 just two years ago. Why is Frost likely to leave UCF for Nebraska if we weren't a better program?

We won a BCS Bowl in 2014. We have a legit shot at another won this year. That would be 2 in 4 years. You're last BCS Bowl win was 17 years ago. All Nebraska has right now is history. I don't say that to insult, I like Nebraska. It's just the truth though.

He'll probably go to Nebraska, but it's not the slam dunk some folks think it is. He has mentioned several times how he likes the ability to recruit within a few hours of campus. He has a baby on the way. Nebraska recruits nationally. He'll be away from his newborn quite a bit. At the end of the year, he's going to have a few choices. He'll have even more over the next few years. Maybe a job like UCLA is attractive to him. That might be open soon too.

We're not in his head. Maybe he wants a place where he can recruit close to home. Maybe he wants to inherit a better situation. Maybe he wants to go back to the PAC 12. Maybe he wants to go home to Nebraska. No one truly knows.

We won a BCS Bowl in 2014. We have a legit shot at another won this year. That would be 2 in 4 years. You're last BCS Bowl win was 17 years ago. All Nebraska has right now is history. I don't say that to insult, I like Nebraska. It's just the truth though.

He'll probably go to Nebraska, but it's not the slam dunk some folks think it is. He has mentioned several times how he likes the ability to recruit within a few hours of campus. He has a baby on the way. Nebraska recruits nationally. He'll be away from his newborn quite a bit. At the end of the year, he's going to have a few choices. He'll have even more over the next few years. Maybe a job like UCLA is attractive to him. That might be open soon too.

We're not in his head. Maybe he wants a place where he can recruit close to home. Maybe he wants to inherit a better situation. Maybe he wants to go back to the PAC 12. Maybe he wants to go home to Nebraska. No one truly knows.

You are sounding desperate. Frost will be the next head coach at Nebraska.

You are sounding desperate. Frost will be the next head coach at Nebraska.

You're talking about hiring our coach, not the other way around. Someone is desperate and it's not us.

I was a bit unfair in my post and a few others. Nebraska has more than history. Riley won 9 games last year and you guys want to run him out of town on a rail (I even bought in to that idea too). You did that to Solich after winning 10 games. Coaches see and remember that stuff.

I think he has interest, but he has a pretty good gig down there. Easy to recruit, great area, and less stress compared to a major program. I genuinely think he loves it down there. I think he will move, but it may not be Nebraska. Tennessee I heard could be knocking at the door with some cash.

No matter what, Nebraska needs to make a good hire. Looking back on the last process I shake my head of what we could have went after and didn't. Fuentes, Herman, Chad Morris, and the list goes on. Instead.... Mike Riley. Genuine guy, .500 coach.

Reactions: SiberianKnightmare
Listen, Frost is probably going to go to Nebraska. It's just not necessarily a slam dunk. He is very smart and pragmatic about his career. He's going to entertain everything and make the best decision for him.

Remember when Urban Meyer was going to leave Utah for his "Dream Job" back at Notre Dame where he used to coach? The Catholic school that Catholic kid grew up a fan of?

He didn't take it. He went to Florida instead. Why? Because he knew he could win there more easily.

Not every business decision is made with the heart. Many are, but not all.

Last edited:
Frost is the next Tom Osborne. Frost isn't the next Saban. Why is Frost the next Tom Osborne? Brilliant offensive mind. Calm, confident, collective, assertive, and demanding of excellence and toughness. He is nothing like Mike Riley.

The people who question Frost will wake up one day when Frost is the head coach in amazement of how good Frost is.

Frost will make an immediate impact at Nebraska. His players will play smarter, they will play harder, and if they are playing like crap they will not play.

Frost demands excellence.

We should of hired SF three years ago. Now is the perfect timing. Do it now or he will be lost forever. He believes in Nebraska and can get it done with Nebraska guys. He's even said that the 97 team had 10 Nebraska guys on the offense. With his spread offense, I know he can get it done...and for many years to come. I will be attending his game at SMU next month sporting my Nebraska gear. He will be our next coach!!!

I'll be at the game @Temple, right behind the UCF bench. Was wondering if it was rude or not to sport Husker gear with all things considered.

Reactions: Ahauth
Frost is the next Tom Osborne. Frost isn't the next Saban. Why is Frost the next Tom Osborne? Brilliant offensive mind. Calm, confident, collective, assertive, and demanding of excellence and toughness. He is nothing like Mike Riley.

The people who question Frost will wake up one day when Frost is the head coach in amazement of how good Frost is.

Frost will make an immediate impact at Nebraska. His players will play smarter, they will play harder, and if they are playing like crap they will not play.

I see Frost filing for a TRO in your future

There's definitely some similarities. Still way too early to make comparisons to the greatest college football coach of all time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT