ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost

I haven't watched UCF at all. Will his schemes work in the B1G?

Resounding yes, but Scott would need new personnel, and the transition wouldn't be overnight. I think this is probably the biggest concern he would have coming to Lincoln, and moving away from his recruiting foundation, IMO

Asshole coalition.
They will be here demeaning everyone in the next few days.

Jury is out on SF! He is a unknown commodity until he beats USF/Navy. I wish we knew whether or not he's a good coach today!

Pretty easy to see that it's very asshole-like to not admit SF is ready now vs some imaginary coaching characteristic you'll think he'll gain overnight by beating USF/Navy. #SFnevergoodenough

While we debate whether Frost is a P5 coach another P5 team will hire him this year.

Along with other idiots that say he shouldn't return to coach at Nebraska.

Frost should be offered $5M a year if that is what it takes. Give him an offer he can't refuse and let's get things rolling again...this time with a fast paced offense with speed at skill spots.

Reactions: Jimmy Frank
Jury is out on SF! He is a unknown commodity until he beats USF/Navy. I wish we knew whether or not he's a good coach today!

Pretty easy to see that it's very asshole-like to not admit SF is ready now vs some imaginary coaching characteristic you'll think he'll gain overnight by beating USF/Navy. #SFnevergoodenough
It's not about personally believing whether or not frost should be our head coach. I have no problem with people who don't want him, even though the biggest reason people don't is probably because they hate our history or references to it, but not the only one.

It's about demeaning anyone who does, shouting that it's only because he played here, failing to recognize that he does have a resume and is a power five candidate and describing husker fans as idiots who think he will run triple option 90% of the time, all while talking down to you in a smug tone.
This is what makes up the asshole coalition. They will be back on here shortly, one already is.

Don't forget blohards/tards.
Never mind that the asshole coalition talks about Nebraskas history and it's fans in ways that would make bo pelini proud.

These assholes don't want SF b/c they think he'll run the triple option, but can't wait to be linked to Chip Kelly (even though that's the offense SF runs).

Last edited:
UCF now up to #21 in the Coaches Poll.

SF isn't ready yet. After a 3 hour game with USF/Navy I'll do a 180 and change my mind though! Those 3 hours will add crucial characteristics to his coaching abilities he currently doesn't have! #SFnevergoodenough

Stay 1 more year. His child will be born in Orlando and his wife is living the dream. His team is young and top 18 imho. His QB is only a sophomore. I wouldn’t go to Tennessee as Saban will own you and Ole Miss is a disaster. The one job I worry about is UF potentially opening. Nebraska needs to really worry about that as well but in all likelihood he winds up in Lincoln it’s just a matter of when. I will stay a fan of his and hope if he leaves it’s for his alma mater. Would enjoy seeing him resurrect Nebraska. Leaving for just any P5 team isn’t happening he turned down Syracuse for us. *

Stay 1 more year. His child will be born in Orlando and his wife is living the dream. His team is young and top 18 imho. His QB is only a sophomore. I wouldn’t go to Tennessee as Saban will own you and Ole Miss is a disaster. The one job I worry about is UF potentially opening. Nebraska needs to really worry about that as well but in all likelihood he winds up in Lincoln it’s just a matter of when. I will stay a fan of his and hope if he leaves it’s for his alma mater. Would enjoy seeing him resurrect Nebraska. Leaving for just any P5 team isn’t happening he turned down Syracuse for us. *
Have been rooting for Florida for this exact reason.

Reactions: SADUCFKNIGHT17
How can you leave Disney World?

I am sure his wife and he are holed up in some masterplanned community she loves. Good place for young kids obviously. Recruiting pipeline being developed. Sad makes some good points, and is a great poster, so we shall see. I think Scott would do well at Rocky Top too

UCF lacks fans support and his wife would welcome a bigger paycheck.

The kid can get a good education in whatever state they kiver in since the kid can go to a private school or an academy school.

SF isn't ready yet. After a 3 hour game with USF/Navy I'll do a 180 and change my mind though! Those 3 hours will add crucial characteristics to his coaching abilities he currently doesn't have! #SFnevergoodenough
I don't care if he's not ready, he can learn on the job here, its not like that will be any worse than what we watch now.

UCF could go undefeated and still wouldn't sniff the playoffs. Scott is too competitive to stay at a place like that.

Florida can be a great job, but they have even higher expectations than we do - Muschamp made a BCS Bowl and had 3 winning seasons in 4 years and got the axe, and many of their fans want McElwain gone already even though he's 22-10 and won the division twice. You better win an SEC title there quickly and compete for national championships or you won't last.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
I don't care if he's not ready, he can learn on the job here, its not like that will be any worse than what we watch now.

I was being sarcastic - making fun of all the idiots that need to see a 3 hour game in order for SF to add some new coaching characteristic he currently doesn't have. I've seen 3 year olds with better critical thinking skills than these morons.

I was being sarcastic - making fun of all the idiots that need to see a 3 hour game in order for SF to add some new coaching characteristic he currently doesn't have. I've seen 3 year olds with better critical thinking skills than these morons.
Lol, my bad, I missed the sarcasm, I do the same with my buddies when I see he's pummeling another team and I test them, "he's not ready."

Reactions: YouGotSwatted!
UCF could go undefeated and still wouldn't sniff the playoffs. Scott is too competitive to stay at a place like that.

Florida can be a great job, but they have even higher expectations than we do - Muschamp made a BCS Bowl and had 3 winning seasons in 4 years and got the axe, and many of their fans want McElwain gone already even though he's 22-10 and won the division twice. You better win an SEC title there quickly and compete for national championships or you won't last.

Coach Mack is going nowhere. Florida lost their best WR and RB to the credit card scandal. He's a good coach, and recruiter. No way that job opens up in the next 2 years, IMO

Reactions: HuskerDana

Florida fans a lot like Nebraska fans but they realize their recruiting advantage and treat coaches like d(&shite. Urban spoiled them, and now they think they should be playing for National Titles every year. Some truth to their recruiting advantage, and a good school, compared to the other academic centers throughout the state

I don't see him wanting to be in the SEC and be another Saban bitch. If not at NU thinking he might see good chances for success in the PAC 12 somewhere.

Coach Mack is going nowhere. Florida lost their best WR and RB to the credit card scandal. He's a good coach, and recruiter. No way that job opens up in the next 2 years, IMO

Just saying that a lot of Florida fans want McElwain gone already, even though he's won 70% of his games and 2 division titles so far.

Interesting that on the Florida Message Boards, almost all of their fans want Scott Frost:

https://florida.247sports.com/Board/14/Contents/Coaching-candidates-108574496

He won't stay at UCF another year. Come December or at latest Jan, Frost will be at either NU, Tennessee, or LSU.
LSU is stuck for a few years with Ed-O.

I could see him look at Tenn, but would it be awkward when he would meet Manning and discuss that he had more passing yards in the Orange Bowl????

Who knows! Still a lot of season left!

He won't stay at UCF another year. Come December or at latest Jan, Frost will be at either NU, Tennessee, or LSU.

LSU won’t be open, UF likely sticks with Mac and the Vols maybe unwinnable as no coach can flip them. There’s a reason Kiffin bolted early. We won the Fiesta Bowl and finished top 10 before Frost. I love the guy, but when he applied we had about 200 resumes sent mainly due to location so we will be fine. The P5 tag is what is holding us back but Frost doesn’t have to rush. In fact he can take his sweet time. Young team, solid QB and added publicity will only add wind to his sails. He’s in Lincoln in 2 seasons.*

Last edited:
Just saying that a lot of Florida fans want McElwain gone already, even though he's won 70% of his games and 2 division titles so far.

Interesting that on the Florida Message Boards, almost all of their fans want Scott Frost:

https://florida.247sports.com/Board/14/Contents/Coaching-candidates-108574496
As I told everyone Frost is sniffing for a job in Florida Or PAC twelve or SEC Nebraska would stall his career goals for years.No talent state with to many hours spent recruiting, few can handle the stress K Dubb and D Williams are two of them.

LSU won’t be open, UF likely sticks with Mac and the Vols maybe unwinnable as no coach can flip them. There’s a reason Kiffin bolted early. We won the Fiesta Bowl and finished top 10 before Frost. I love the guy, but when he applied we had about 200 resumes sent mainly due to location so we will be fine. The P5 tag is what is holding us back but Frost doesn’t have to rush. In fact he can take his sweet time. Young team, solid QB and added publicity will only add wind to his sails. *

Sad, don't start telling me Kiffin makes good decisions...

Good luck the rest of the way

As I told everyone Frost is sniffing for a job in Florida Or PAC twelve or SEC Nebraska would stall his career goals for years.No talent state with to many hours spent recruiting, few can handle the stress K Dubb and D Williams are two of them.

This is what I would do. No BS

ADVERTISEMENT