ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost

You should probably ask that same question of those that take issue with folks being skeptical of Riley. I don't think anyone hates Riley. How could anyone be a 'hater' of Mike Riley? He's the most affable guy a person could come across. But I can see why people would be skeptical of his coaching.

Anyway, we'll find out a lot about his future in the next few weeks. I, for one, am hopeful he can continue the momentum.

Hating Riley could definitely be a preconceived notion. Those that disliked the hire from the start can certainly be a hater in this season. They are trying to define how long until one can label a coach a failure. I suggest that Riley has this season to prove he has promise going forward. I'm not giving him a free pass, but it seems that many don't want to give him a chance. Period. Barring a season collapse, he's getting another year.

Reactions: CC_Lemming
Hating Riley could definitely be a preconceived notion. Those that disliked the hire from the start can certainly be a hater in this season. They are trying to define how long until one can label a coach a failure. I suggest that Riley has this season to prove he has promise going forward. I'm not giving him a free pass, but it seems that many don't want to give him a chance. Period. Barring a season collapse, he's getting another year.
I have been for Riley from day 1 and could never root against a Husker team for any reason. But I will admit to losing confidence in him and his offense. So tonight feels a little different and not in a good way.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Run the damn ball!
FnlwAwc.gif
Stay old. Nebraska is old. Fans are old. Riley is old. Half these fans on this board are old. Frost is too young. Young people are evil. Dam Millennials

Scott's not P5 worthy now, but I'll see something random in November and will change my mind! #SFnevergoodenough

He might take an winless team to an undefeated season in a 2 year turnaround.

At the rate we are regressing, someone might get that same chance here in a year or 2

I hope in the next 60 days SF becomes a NU worthy coach. As of right now I'm not sure! #SFnevergoodenough

How many ranked teams had Bob Stoops beaten before he got hired by OU?

Not saying Frost is another Stoops, but I have thought for a long time that our way back to national prominence will not come from hiring a big name established coach, but through a hungry up and comer. Frost could be that guy.

Although he's a former player, he has cut his coaching teeth outside the program under some great coaches. He also has a ton of respect for TO, and I think he would be very driven to resurrect the program out of respect for him.

I don't care that these are not games against Clemson, Alabama and the like. Frost is kicking the butts of the teams on his schedule this season.

East Carolina is his next oponent and that should be another lighitng up the scoreboard game.

His game against Navy in two weeks will be worth a watch.

I wish we knew if SF was an elite coach. I bet he'll change so much after the USF or Navy game, then he'll instantly be elite. Until then the jury is out! #SFnevergoodenough

Would Frost even come to Nebraska? Would he risk failing at his alma mater?

Oh my, don't you guys love nailbiters? Who would want a coach that lines up against his competition and destroys them?

I've gotta wait and see how he does against Navy and his possible NYD bowl game before I can make a decision on whether he is worthy of the NU job or not. :rolleyes:

Navy has no shot against UCF if Frost takes a lead. Navy isn't going to be able to score at the pace of UCF.

I wish we knew if SF was an elite coach. I bet he'll change so much after the USF or Navy game, then he'll instantly be elite. Until then the jury is out! #SFnevergoodenough

He knows his system and would recruit to that system. He gets his players to buy in. He believes in beiung physical and fast.

Jury is out on SF! He is a unknown commodity until he beats USF/Navy. I wish we knew whether or not he's a good coach right now! #SFnevergoodenough

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT