ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost

Winter IS coming.

No in all seriousness, I've watched UCF play. They look solid, and he's dealing with inferior talent on that team. If we have to part ways with Riley, I'd say keep the good assistants here and hire Frost.

Reactions: otismotis08
Winter IS coming.

No in all seriousness, I've watched UCF play. They look solid, and he's dealing with inferior talent on that team. If we have to part ways with Riley, I'd say keep the good assistants here and hire Frost.
Who are the "Good" assistants (we know Parella gets a perpetual pass, because... 90s) but who else?

Who are the "Good" assistants (we know Parella gets a perpetual pass, because... 90s) but who else?

I think keeping Diaco would be smart and I think keeping the Williams guys around is a good idea, as well as Trent Bray. Bray may leave soon though.

Winter IS coming.

No, in all seriousness, I'm sure Frost would be very appreciative...almost ecstatic...for us to help him assemble his staff for him.

"Thanks guys, you just saved me the trouble of bringing the guys I handpicked to coach with me at UCF with me. Thanks a million!"

Frost will bring in his own guys. Or should. His team is leaps and bounds better, and has so much better coaching.
Exactly.......if he has the program looking that good with inferior talent......what does that say about our assistants? Now I'm not saying there aren't some good ones but that needs to be Scotts call

Don't know why the haters of Scott Frost are trying to be so vocal for. Scott Frost is a native son, he is a legit college football head coach.

10 college football programs at the FBS level are lead by a former alumni of their school.

Get over your unfounded hate.

Don't know why the haters of Scott Frost are trying to be so vocal for. Scott Frost is a native son, he is a legit college football head coach.

10 college football programs at the FBS level are lead by a former alumni of their school.

Get over your unfounded hate.
Way to paint your own picture. Who here hates Scott Frost? Show me the post?

Are people preaching patience? You bet. Hatred? Your own imagination.

I have not said one negative thing about Scott Frost's coaching ability. I have said that people overemphasize the 0-12 record of the team he inherited. The talent on that team was not 0-12 talent. Just like the talent Urban Meyer inherited from Luke Fickle wasn't 6-7 talent. The previous coach did a very poor job with his team in 2015 and was fired. Frost came in and took them to a bowl game. Just like they did for 6 of the 8 previous years. Right now, he is Phillip Montgomery at Tulsa, but Frost has ties to Nebraska.

Exaggerate much? I don't know anybody who hates Scott Frost. I do know of some that question whether or not he is ready to run a program like this. It actually gets comical when there is a potential opening and people just throw out former Huskers names whether or not they were qualified or not. Being a great player doesn't automatically make a person a great coach.

I have not said one negative thing about Scott Frost's coaching ability. I have said that people overemphasize the 0-12 record of the team he inherited. The talent on that team was not 0-12 talent. Just like the talent Urban Meyer inherited from Luke Fickle wasn't 6-7 talent. The previous coach did a very poor job with his team in 2015 and was fired. Frost came in and took them to a bowl game. Just like they did for 6 of the 8 previous years. Right now, he is Phillip Montgomery at Tulsa, but Frost has ties to Nebraska.
It is hard to go 0-12...it really is
Way to paint your own picture. Who here hates Scott Frost? Show me the post?

Are people preaching patience? You bet. Hatred? Your own imagination.

I think you know what this poster means and it is clear that there are some "haters" already.

I don't care if they hire Frost, I don't care who they hire. I just want good teams.

It is hard to go 0-12...it really is

I think you know what this poster means and it is clear that there are some "haters" already.

I don't care if they hire Frost, I don't care who they hire. I just want good teams.
Actually, I wish that were true, but with this particular poster, I can’t be sure.

And I disagree that there are “haters”. Why does skepticism equal hater?

Reactions: yunginsNU2

You are correct - you have to look beyond just the prior season - UCF wasn't 0-12 bad.

On the flip side our seasons prior to 2015 were:

9 wins
9 wins
10 wins
9 wins
10 wins
10 wins
9 wins

But now in 2017 we are led to believe that winning 9 games would require a miracle worker and even 7 wins would be considered a good job

The supposed rebuild here has been greatly exaggerated.

(This is not support for Bo he had to go)

I love Scott Frost. I think he's doing a phenomenal job. The question that begs to be answered, would he even want to come to Nebraska if called upon? Everyone just assumes he would...I'm not so sure.

I don't hate, I pretty much think Scott could come in here and do a good job. Could he stand a bit more seasoning before jumping into the NU fishbowl? Yes, but he's probably not going to get that kind of experience at many places other than NU.
I am in the camp of letting Riley get at least another year or so to sink or swim with the young group he has recruited. 2018 is a bit of a wood chipper schedule for a young coach transitioning into a program.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
You are correct - you have to look beyond just the prior season - UCF wasn't 0-12 bad.

On the flip side our seasons prior to 2015 were:

9 wins
9 wins
10 wins
9 wins
10 wins
10 wins
9 wins

But now in 2017 we are led to believe that winning 9 games would require a miracle worker and even 7 wins would be considered a good job

The supposed rebuild here has been greatly exaggerated.

(This is not support for Bo he had to go)

And if I were comparing Riley to Frost that would be a legitimate argument. My position with regards to Frost has nothing to do with Riley or what he inherited here. I have never said Riley getting to 7 wins would be considered a good job. My position on Frost is that he has 1 year and 3 games experience as a HC, and some people on here want to use a poorly coached 2015 UCF team as a reason to prove that Frost will be the savior of Nebraska football. Maybe he will but 16 games doesn't make that anything more than a guess.

As far as the rebuild here being exaggerated, I would completely agree if Eichorst had hired a coach that had similar philosophies to that of the previous staff. But he didn't. We have discussed this and are in agreement, or at least we were unless you are changing you opinion, To change the offense from a spread team with a mobile QB to a pro-style offense where the QB isn't expected to run is difficult and will take time. Should the defense have been better from the beginning? Probably but it wasn't and changes were made. I can't go back and change Riley's decision to bring Banker along 2 years after the fact.

I would also say that replacing a coach or a manager that is popular among the team or the staff is more difficult that replacing a coach or manger that has lost the team. Not many of those returning players believed that Pelini was doing a poor enough job to get fired as football coach. They don't really care about a coaches relationship with the AD, or the media or the fans. They only care about their relationship with that coach. With that said, replacing that coach will be considerably more difficult, especially with 18-22 year old. To believe otherwise is naive. That doesn't mean it necessarily toxic, that word is overused by both sides of that argument. But if a player doesn't think what they were doing before was broken, change just for the sake of change is a tough sell. These 18-22 year olds just know that the way they were doing it won them 9 or 10 games every year.

And if I were comparing Riley to Frost that would be a legitimate argument. My position with regards to Frost has nothing to do with Riley or what he inherited here. I have never said Riley getting to 7 wins would be considered a good job. My position on Frost is that he has 1 year and 3 games experience as a HC, and some people on here want to use a poorly coached 2015 UCF team as a reason to prove that Frost will be the savior of Nebraska football. Maybe he will but 16 games doesn't make that anything more than a guess.

I think if we are going to find a great head coach it is going to involve some risk - Urban Meyer after 2 years of coaching at Bowling Green would have taken the Nebraska job if offered I believe but after 3 or 4 years of high level success he was on everyones radar and Nebraska was no longer a player.

for the record we would have gone ape sh*t initially had we hired the head coach from Bowling Green to take over the program

Any hire is a guess...It really is. Riley had 40 years of experience yet we were told how amazing he would be here...That dude from Wisconsin Whitewater lost like 8 games in 12 years and now he is at Buffalo and they seem to sort of suck.

Now there are Scott Frost "haters"??? Sheesh
Does that make you a Riley hater?

Reactions: coachDubs
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT