ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost Warns the Neb Media...

ThePowerOfRed

Apr 19, 2016
In post presser questions with the media Frost said “I’m going to lose it on you guys if you approach my family. It’s already happened.” Then is subsequently asked about what his parents told him after the UCF game. Frost says “Listen I told you guys, my family is off limits. I’m telling you that right now, I don’t want phone calls to my mother. I don’t want pictures of my son. This is about me and this is about these kids and this program, its not about them.”

Neb media is a joke....

Last edited:
In post presser questions with the media Frost said “I’m going to lose it on you guys if you approach my family. It’s already happened.” Then is subsequently asked about what his parents told him after the UCF game. Frost says “Listen I told you guys, my family is off limits. I’m telling you that right now, I don’t want phone calls to my mother. I don’t want pictures of my son. This is about me and this is about these kids and this program, it not about them.”

Neb media is a joke....

It's simple, cut off access to the football program for any media members that violate this small and reasonable request.

If I was his brother and they wanted to interview me I would be happy to get interviewed. I would also expect to be hired on with some sweet title and no real responsibilities.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
Good for Frost!

I never really minded the media for quite a few years, but the more engaged I am and reading their crap, the more I dislike them... especially some in Omaha.

At the same time, it is their job to get stories and someone has to do it. Just like the damn reporter that asked Frost right at the end of the game about Nebraska.

If you want clicks, write something positive. Get behind the team and coaches. When Frost starts treating them like Pelini did, then I can see them pushing more negative stories. Until then, at least make an attempt to stay positive and not diss the coaches and players or the university.

No one here is defending anyone’s desire to cross the line with family. But I can’t help but laugh at the blind distaste for media when we rely on them to inform us. But as soon as they say something we don’t like e.g., Booger McFarland saying Frost may not come to Nebraska, we talk about our hatred for media.

#Donthatethemedia

our media are a bunch of gossipy hens
pickalittle.jpg

No one here is defending anyone’s desire to cross the line with family. But I can’t help but laugh at the blind distaste for media when we rely on them to inform us. But as soon as they say something we don’t like e.g., Booger McFarland saying Frost may not come to Nebraska, we talk about our hatred for media.

#Donthatethemedia
I think this is more about the media needing to stay very very far away from his family. More than a reasonable request, especially since his family has nothing to do with the football program.

#Donthatethemedia
Majority of the sports media in Neb is terrible. Frost pretty clearly draws a line in the sand regarding his family and literally the next question is about his parents. Or how about asking Riley how it feels to be unemployed. I have no issues with them when they aren’t asking ridiculous questions, unfortunately that is only a fraction of the time.

Reactions: 47Husker
same for fans.

This is an understatement. And note to all Husker fans: We all heard it from the head honcho today and need to respect it. Pass the word on to all members of the Nebraska fandom... The right guy finally holds the throne. Get behind this team and Frost's process, not him or his family. We've been irrelevant enough for the past 17 years, let's not repeat ever again.

I think this is more about the media needing to stay very very far away from his family. More than a reasonable request, especially since his family has nothing to do with the football program.
I think it's mostly about his wife. Gonna be ashock for her. Pretty easy to fly under the radar at UCF in Orlando. Intimidating here. Instant celebrity here

I wonder who went after his mom?
I know that when Frost was at UCF yet, someone asked him about reporters "camping out" at his parents house and Frost said that pissed him off. After that, someone from this site(maybe Clouce or Callahan) said that it was only a phone call from Ross Jernstrom(?), who knew his parents pretty well. Sounds like it may have been more than a phone call. Either that or Frost was just sending out a warning just in case.

I know that when Frost was at UCF yet, someone asked him about reporters "camping out" at his parents house and Frost said that pissed him off. After that, someone from this site(maybe Clouce or Callahan) said that it was only a phone call from Ross Jernstrom(?), who knew his parents pretty well. Sounds like it may have been more than a phone call. Either that or Frost was just sending out a warning just in case.

Didn't that just happen this week..

Reactions: HuskerDana
I gotta think he was referring to some specific incidents he didn't like - I recall someone saying some media was camping outside his parents house the past couple of weeks, which I can see would p*ss him off. On the other hand, his mother was once a coach at the University of Nebraska, the fact that her son is also now a coach there has some fluff, human interest potential. He even alluded to it in his press conference.

I can't imagine him having a problem with the media asking questions about various aspects of the program or his coaching decisions.

#Donthatethemedia

dont name your kids 'booger'.

Reactions: blk41flshrvrs
This is an understatement. And note to all Husker fans: We all heard it from the head honcho today and need to respect it. Pass the word on to all members of the Nebraska fandom... The right guy finally holds the throne. Get behind this team and Frost's process, not him or his family. We've been irrelevant enough for the past 17 years, let's not repeat ever again.
Wish it would have always been like this. Look at the shit people talked about Riley's wife.

#Donthatethemedia
I've actually come more to this way of thinking in the last few years. I'm no fan of the media in general, and there's a couple of local media members(one in particular at the World-Herald) who I think are just hacks who are here for no other reason than to stir up trouble. But I really think the local media here are no worse, and maybe not as bad as you'd find in most other big-time college football markets, and not nearly as bad as big-city sportswriters in pro sports markets.

That being said I'm glad to see Frost make it clear about leaving his family alone and I hope the local media heeds his warning because it makes things better for all of us.

Are you kidding me. Have you seen some of our fans on social media? They can't help themselves.

Are you kidding me. Have you seen some of our fans on social media? They can't help themselves.

I know that I'm completely kidding myself if I think it's going to be sunshine and roses on social media. Everyone has a megaphone now. I just think that Frost should get the respect he deserves from the media and fans alike. Let's not kid ourselves here—Nebraska needed him more than he needed Nebraska. I am SO pumped for him to be back, but he doesn't need any more distractions than what already lies on the surface.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT