ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost Recruiting

starhusker

Walk On
Dec 2, 2004
Within 1-3 yrs, do you think Scott will be able to recruit a top 10 class like Ohio State and Penn State? The 4 & 5 stars type players.

I think the lack of those types of players within a 500 mile radius will keep NU out of the Top 10 most years, but I think a Top 15 average is what they need to target and what it will take to make Nebraska a legit contender on the national stage. Not an easy task.

Yeah I tend to agree with that for the most part, though I think with the right momentum we will be able to sometimes hit a top 10 class. I think top 15 to top 20 should be a regular occurrence.

I think consistant top 15-20 for a few years until we show we can make it to the playoffs and hang with the big dogs. Then, the top 10 classes will come.

Within 1-3 yrs, do you think Scott will be able to recruit a top 10 class like Ohio State and Penn State? The 4 & 5 stars type players.
We get a lot of 4 star players now. We just need even more to be in the top 10. 15+ 4* recruits will do it.

We probably won't be able to get enough 5 stars and high ranked 4 stars to crack the Top 10 consistently. Top 15 (and best of the West) should be the goal. We do that - with Frost's offense and coaching approach - we'll be fine. Not sure anyone can go player for player with Alabama but it sure looks like Georgia is gonna try - WHAT a CLASS they signed.

I think Nebraska can recruit with Ohio State and Penn State occasionally, but it's really tough to do. The big thing would be for other schools to step up their game and bring the OSUs and Bamas of the world back to the rest of the pack a bit. Bottom line, if this program is as well coached as we all think it will be, and Frost can bring in a #10-20 class each year with walkons, this team will really only be great QB play from championship contention.

A couple of big seasons can turn the ship around quickly. Look at how far down Penn State was, and now they are a regular in the top 10. Is there talent around them, sure, but they don't rely solely on their geographic footprint. Clemson, to me, is the blueprint to follow. They started out about where Nebraska is. They started winning games, built a great culture, then finally started getting top rated classes - ultimately now they are considered an elite program.

Reactions: Ahauth
We had 9 4* and 6 5.7 3* players, 5.8 = 4* rating
On that same note all but 1 4* was a 5.8 very close to being a 3* the other 1 was a 5.9 and none were a 6.0 4*

If frost gets into Big title games with regularity he will be able to get top 10 classes. If not top 15/20.

A couple of big seasons can turn the ship around quickly. Look at how far down Penn State was, and now they are a regular in the top 10. Is there talent around them, sure, but they don't rely solely on their geographic footprint. Clemson, to me, is the blueprint to follow. They started out about where Nebraska is. They started winning games, built a great culture, then finally started getting top rated classes - ultimately now they are considered an elite program.

The big difference is in 2018 the state of Nebraka had 1 4*. Pennsylvania had 14 and a 5*. PSU got a 5* and five 4* players out of their home state this year. On top of that they got six 4* and a 5* from within 300 miles.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT