ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost is a fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the one that said "feel-good wins", buddy. And your meaningless wins were against Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State and even Georgia from the supreme SEC.

I said feel-good because that's what softies like you seem to enjoy.

zero of those listed meant anything.

want to feel good? call your mother.

Yes, I think people are going easy on Frost. Regardless of the title of this thread, Frost has gotten a lot more slack that any other coach would have. His record has been of historically bad proportions and it is generally blamed on Riley, Pelini, Eichorst, Perlman, Pederson and anybody not named Osborne and Frost.

Yes, I think people are going easy on Frost. Regardless of the title of this thread, Frost has gotten a lot more slack that any other coach would have. His record has been of historically bad proportions and it is generally blamed on Riley, Pelini, Eichorst, Perlman, Pederson and anybody not named Osborne and Frost.

he's coached 14 games on a 5-year deal.

what would you like people to do? can't wait to hear your opinion.

nebraska has won 9 or more games 5 of the last 7 seasons .... this narrative that Frost is taking over a Kansas or Wisconsin pre-Alvarez is pure bullshit and simply an attempt to deflect some difficult conversations regarding coaching. Our talent isn't great but many of the same programs that also recruited our current players are kicking our ass.

Colorado has had one winning season since 2006

I am becoming convinced that this staff, much like Pelini, has their own mafia and Solana is their chief of propaganda
Colorado is not better nor worse than us. They are pretty equal competition. What has NU done in the last recruiting cycle(5 years) that makes us better than Colorado. In 2014 we fired a coach, lost a ton of talent to attrition and hired an absolute embarrassment in Mike Riley. He then had a (2015) pathetic season and recruited at a marginal level...only slightly better than colorado..but still better. He then had a (2016) 9 win season but lost every game against a team with a pulse and recruiting was still meh. Worse than at any time since Solich. 2017 was one of the most pathetic seasons in any programs history with losses to Northern Illinois and a near loss to Arkansas state. 56 ppg in the last 4...and beaten by an average of 30 ppg down the stretch. We fired another coach and hired another coach who only had a few weeks to recruit. Frost took over and lost 34 players to attrition in 18 months. This was from an already traumatized and thin team full of guys who had only lost. Frost took over team without a scholarship qb and a defense that was 120th in the nation in total defense. How is that better than colorado? We lost 40% of our players from the best class in Riley's tenure and our current seniors have experienced nothing but losing. How is that different from Colorado? We aren't Nebraska right now. Stop acting like we are. I am sure you have followed NU long enough to know we do not get anything for free...the orange bowl losses, and OU losses, the 2001 debacle all made sense in hindsight. And these losses do as well.

as I have said several times, winning 9 meaningless games of no consequence is the same as winning zero

of those 8 seasons with 9+ wins, how many times did we actually win anything?

feel-good wins aren't what this program is about.
according to your logic then....we shouldn't have to win any games for Frost to be considered a success because there actually are only three games of meaning...conference championship....bowl game (well some of them) ....and CFP games. Which he has none of and most likely it may be a while before getting any of those.

You have to "WIN" something, meaningless or not, to get to all three of those. Frost has talked big but unfortunately has not proven anything with the 5 wins in his career here (and 9 losses). Until he proves something we as a fan base have every right to be concerned....now I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING about firing anyone.

Bathroom is it now? Cause I've heard 3 other household spaces throughout the years by dipstick fans from all over.

So tell me did Scott pay the neighbor to say that he was there also separating LP and KM so it wouldn't come out that he hid while the girl got the business?

Because from what I've heard is that LP had to pay for the destruction of mailboxes instead of KM face because Scott and the neighbor got them separated.

Asking for a friend...
LP killed a man and tried to kill some kids. I would say that Scott hiding is a sign of deep intelligence and not cowardice. In a situation like that the "mister" is much more likely to be killed than the woman. And if Scott was killed LP might have been suspended for a few more games.

Reactions: Sinomatic
according to your logic then....we shouldn't have to win any games for Frost to be considered a success because there actually are only three games of meaning...conference championship....bowl game (well some of them) ....and CFP games. Which he has none of and most likely it may be a while before getting any of those.

You have to "WIN" something, meaningless or not, to get to all three of those. Frost has talked big but unfortunately has not proven anything with the 5 wins in his career here (and 9 losses). Until he proves something we as a fan base have every right to be concerned....now I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING about firing anyone.

you are correct. those 3 are all that matter. patting ourselves on the back along the way is but a participation trophy.

Colorado is not better nor worse than us. They are pretty equal competition. What has NU done in the last recruiting cycle(5 years) that makes us better than Colorado. In 2014 we fired a coach, lost a ton of talent to attrition and hired an absolute embarrassment in Mike Riley. He then had a (2015) pathetic season and recruited at a marginal level...only slightly better than colorado..but still better. He then had a (2016) 9 win season but lost every game against a team with a pulse and recruiting was still meh. Worse than at any time since Solich. 2017 was one of the most pathetic seasons in any programs history with losses to Northern Illinois and a near loss to Arkansas state. 56 ppg in the last 4...and beaten by an average of 30 ppg down the stretch. We fired another coach and hired another coach who only had a few weeks to recruit. Frost took over and lost 34 players to attrition in 18 months. This was from an already traumatized and thin team full of guys who had only lost. Frost took over team without a scholarship qb and a defense that was 120th in the nation in total defense. How is that better than colorado? We lost 40% of our players from the best class in Riley's tenure and our current seniors have experienced nothing but losing. How is that different from Colorado? We aren't Nebraska right now. Stop acting like we are. I am sure you have followed NU long enough to know we do not get anything for free...the orange bowl losses, and OU losses, the 2001 debacle all made sense in hindsight. And these losses do as well.

You are correct ... if everyone will just be patient it will be clear of the upgrade in coaching when you look at Frosts record and accomplishments in his 1st 3 years and contrast those to Riley’s ... the overall record will be significantly better and we will have a much better season than that 9 win fraud of a season Riley put up

Last edited:
You are correct ... if everyone will just be patient it will be clear of the upgrade in coaching when you look at Frosts record and accomplishments in his 1st 3 years and contrast those to Riley’s ... the overall record will be significantly better and we will have a much better season than that 9 win fraud of a season Riley put up
I hope you don't run a company or do anything important because you appear to lack basic critical thinking skills. Football programs have 4-5 year life cycles not 50 year life cycles. Our program is only as good as the players who are currently here not those that played back in 2013 or 2009 or 2001 or 1995. The N on the helmet is only as good as the players. Mike Reilly took over for a team that had won 9 games in 6 straight years. He did take over eroded recruiting classes and he continued to recruit at a poor level. He was given a veteran offense and defense in 2016 with Bos last best recruiting classes. And he completely destroyed the program when that season was over because his recruiting centered around recruiting kids to him and not nebraska. He left a team that was in horrible physical and mental shape, and many were not willing to face the rebuild that awaited them. I can't argue with stupid so I will end with this...if you want to play the W/L record with no context then Frost is as good as T.O and Devaney already because he already have a national championship, BCS bowl win, and an undefeated season.

Reactions: Sinomatic
I hope you don't run a company or do anything important because you appear to lack basic critical thinking skills. Football programs have 4-5 year life cycles not 50 year life cycles. Our program is only as good as the players who are currently here not those that played back in 2013 or 2009 or 2001 or 1995. The N on the helmet is only as good as the players. Mike Reilly took over for a team that had won 9 games in 6 straight years. He did take over eroded recruiting classes and he continued to recruit at a poor level. He was given a veteran offense and defense in 2016 with Bos last best recruiting classes. And he completely destroyed the program when that season was over because his recruiting centered around recruiting kids to him and not nebraska. He left a team that was in horrible physical and mental shape, and many were not willing to face the rebuild that awaited them. I can't argue with stupid so I will end with this...if you want to play the W/L record with no context then Frost is as good as T.O and Devaney already because he already have a national championship, BCS bowl win, and an undefeated season.

the first sentence of his response to you is 'you are correct', so you go on to call him an idiot and argue with the old 'can't argue' bit?

wild turn of events

My gosh the prior thread function of this site is glorious

prior to year 1

That was a really bad team but their staff was an absolute mess. Recruiting wise we are a top 25 team...the team also pretty much gave up after Northwestern, and you can't factor in the quit factor in a team for the next year. They won't quit this year regardless of schedule. I think people underestimate how bad Riley was, how disorganized the staff was, how lazy the culture was, and how this impacted relatively talented players. If we are healthy we finish 8-4, if we have normal injuries 7-5, and injury ridden 6-6 or 5-7. We do not have the players of a 4-8 team and it will show. And the most important factor...the mediocre teams we play won't be able to prepare for our offense properly. It is something they rarely see. This is why Oregon rarely lost to bad teams...a week is not enough time for the average team to prepare. This will feel like the huskers of old where bad teams just can't compete because they can't prepare. Beating the bad teams gets us to 7-8 wins pretty much automatically.

8 bad teams on the schedule...we are as talented as all of them and have better coaches. Still get ripped hard a couple times on the road...8-4

prior to year 2

I think the point is these coaches took over after ugly transitions...that means there would be a gap in team depth at some point...the challenge isn't to win with another dudes players..but to build depth and talent while winning. Frost has done the best he can do...but you can't lose 2/3 of a recruiting class and not have a setback...strangely the killer schedule made our team last year appear much worse than it was...and this years team will appear much better than they are...

We are just really lucky the schedule was hard last year and easier this year...it is kind of like in any business, education, or science sector...if you set your baseline higher you can only go down...Frost has a pretty low baseline...starting 0-6...if he wins 7 this year it would probably be a big setback in reality but the fan perception will be that we improved.

QB is the most important position. Dline is second most important position and we are very strong in those two areas. Our unknowns are plug and play positions for frost outside of the the oline holes. I still think we win 8 games and are a little disappointed but the schedule is so weak, much like 2016...we could be 8-0, 9-1 easily with that schedule.

Last edited:
prior to year 1

The schedule isn't as killer as it could be because our non-con is against a weak opponent...imagine playing Clemson in the 2nd game, and we still get a lot of powder puff big 10 teams. We have above average talent, decent depth, and if we are healthy and have a positive turnover differential we should beat Akron, Colorado, Purdue, Troy, Northwestern, Minnesota, Illinois , Iowa...that is 8 wins that should be a given if we are maximizing our talent. If Urban is fired then anything can happen with Ohio State, Wisky is very beatable as is michigan state. Michigan, early in the season, is the most difficult to imagine winning. So we could conceivably win 9-10 if we beat Michigan state and Wisconsin and the last time Ohio State lost their head coach they finished 6-6 so that could be a possibility. I would say 7 wins would be a slight disappointment because we have more talent than 8 teams on our schedule...and we always give michigan state problems. Our schedule the last few years was SO soft that people are overestimating this one a bit...but road games against Ohio state, michigan, Wisky, would certainly make for a rough national championship run. We don't need to go undefeated but just need to beat teams that have less talent.

i'm sure I have posted some things that are way off and am happy to own them . .. but don't come at people proclaiming your "critical thinking skills" about the talent and expectations of this team when you made the above analyses that directly contradict your current tone ... like many other fans you are moving the goals posts as this team continues to underperform

Last edited:
prior to year 1

i'm sure I have posted some things that are way off .. and am happy to own them . .. but don't come at people proclaiming your "critical thinking skills" with these analyses out there prior to each of the last 2 seasons
So I said we would win 7-8 games...I still expect it. We certainly have more talent because of FROST than many teams but that is different than being a complete team. And a 19 year old NFL prospect at Qb is no better than a 5th year senior who has played 3-4 years. And the top all purpose back in the nation who happens to be a true freshman is no better than anybody on the colorado starting receiver core because he can't catch a pass due to inexperience. Talent and action are two different things. You conveniently left out the post last year where I said 2019 is going to still be a struggle because of depth. I got ripped when I said we might look better record wise but not be much better personnel wise until Frost's first FULL class grew up. Coaches after 18 months can be blamed for not bringing in talent. Frost has brought in YOUNG talent. But he has almost zero upper-class talent that is homegrown and experienced. Just look at Daniels...walks in as a transfer from another poor defense and immediately becomes captain. Noa, walks in after not being great for years on a poor offense and is immediately a starter. Mills, walks in from a juco and immediately is the starter after a few weeks. Doesn't that point to depth issues more than talent? I will admit I underestimated our depth problems because I rarely paid attention to the roster under Riley. I knew it was a dumpster fire from day 1, I just thought he would Smile out of here in 2020 when i expected Frost to be hired. Frost can't be blamed for depth problems and teams with with such poor depth aren't going to blow anybody out. We therefore are going to play in a lot of close games. Frost has coached in 14 games...exactly 50% were one score games...and six of these were losses. Frost has one blowout loss despite playing FOUR top 25 teams on the road last year. That blowout and two losses can contributed to an injury to his only scholarship qb, he wasn't left with any after Mike left. He outcoached Urban Meyer and Pat Fitzgerald, with a vastly inferior roster, beat Michigan state, and nearly came from behind on the road in a rivalry game against Iowa. The mistakes in those games can be directly attributed to depth. Having more and better players would lead to better punt return and punt coverage, more accountability in practice so practices could be more physical without the risk of losing your only option at a position. And better depth in a game would allow for leads to be extended or maintained. I still maintain you are an idiot for blaming the coaching staff for losing on the road in colorado where better husker teams have lost...and losing mainly due to a fluke where we had a punter kicking the game tying fg. I like Scott, he is a good man, and his staff are good men, he is tough and intense and cares deeply for my university...the university where nearly all my family has gone and will go. I will support him because of this but also because he had a full rebuild and has been at it 1.5 years....and is only half-way to the point where even the most idiotic fan should challenge his effectiveness.

Reactions: dckchusker
prior to year 1

i'm sure I have posted some things that are way off and am happy to own them . .. but don't come at people proclaiming your "critical thinking skills" about the talent and expectations of this team with these analyses out there prior to each of the last 2 seasons ... like many other fans you are moving the goals posts

Frost was 4-8...two losses would could attributed to losing Martinez...that gets him to 6-6, Northwestern easily could have gone either way...7-5...so he was 1-5 in one score games and you get on me for calling 7-8 wins? If he was blown out in the 8 losses I would admit there are some problems...losing close games comes down to inexperience but also just luck. And as Phil Elmassian said...every true freshman who plays accounts for 1 loss. And having a true freshman as one of your offensive leaders at Qb and RB is a recipe for a lot of close losses.

So I said we would win 7-8 games...I still expect it. We certainly have more talent because of FROST than many teams but that is different than being a complete team. And a 19 year old NFL prospect at Qb is no better than a 5th year senior who has played 3-4 years. And the top all purpose back in the nation who happens to be a true freshman is no better than anybody on the colorado starting receiver core because he can't catch a pass due to inexperience. Talent and action are two different things. You conveniently left out the post last year where I said 2019 is going to still be a struggle because of depth. I got ripped when I said we might look better record wise but not be much better personnel wise until Frost's first FULL class grew up. Coaches after 18 months can be blamed for not bringing in talent. Frost has brought in YOUNG talent. But he has almost zero upper-class talent that is homegrown and experienced. Just look at Daniels...walks in as a transfer from another poor defense and immediately becomes captain. Noa, walks in after not being great for years on a poor offense and is immediately a starter. Mills, walks in from a juco and immediately is the starter after a few weeks. Doesn't that point to depth issues more than talent? I will admit I underestimated our depth problems because I rarely paid attention to the roster under Riley. I knew it was a dumpster fire from day 1, I just thought he would Smile out of here in 2020 when i expected Frost to be hired. Frost can't be blamed for depth problems and teams with with such poor depth aren't going to blow anybody out. We therefore are going to play in a lot of close games. Frost has coached in 14 games...exactly 50% were one score games...and six of these were losses. Frost has one blowout loss despite playing FOUR top 25 teams on the road last year. That blowout and two losses can contributed to an injury to his only scholarship qb, he wasn't left with any after Mike left. He outcoached Urban Meyer and Pat Fitzgerald, with a vastly inferior roster, beat Michigan state, and nearly came from behind on the road in a rivalry game against Iowa. The mistakes in those games can be directly attributed to depth. Having more and better players would lead to better punt return and punt coverage, more accountability in practice so practices could be more physical without the risk of losing your only option at a position. And better depth in a game would allow for leads to be extended or maintained. I still maintain you are an idiot for blaming the coaching staff for losing on the road in colorado where better husker teams have lost...and losing mainly due to a fluke where we had a punter kicking the game tying fg. I like Scott, he is a good man, and his staff are good men, he is tough and intense and cares deeply for my university...the university where nearly all my family has gone and will go. I will support him because of this but also because he had a full rebuild and has been at it 1.5 years....and is only half-way to the point where even the most idiotic fan should challenge his effectiveness.

No ... you said 7 wins would be a big setback and 8 wins would be a little disappointing..

Jesus - Instead of writing a thesis trying to explain away your quotes that directly contradict your "critical thinking" just take the L and admit that you don’t know shit (just like the rest of us on here)instead of constantly moving the goal posts

oWUuoMf.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: wkato
I guess my point is it doesn't matter if I go easy or...hard?... on him. I make my own evaluation based on what I see, and there are some really concerning signs for the season that lies ahead. But, I believe that Frost is the right guy. Not because I'm cutting him slack that didn't for Riley, but because I REALLY think he'll find success soon. I grew to genuinely hate Bo because of his anti-fan anger issues, and I never thought Riley was even remotely a good hire. Since I think Frost is our guy I don't see the point in jumping off a cliff because we lost this game. There is probably more pain ahead this season. So be it.

So you waited all this time to post just to call out SF! Hmm, sound suspicious to me.

...and how much time have you given him? Last years team was both a mental and physical mess. Not his fault, but he did start to get the team past that by the end of the season. Also one off season isn't going to complete a physical turn around. How about we sit back, show support, and see what happens. The goal this year for a majority of the fan base was to make a bowl game, and here your lot is after game two calling for the chopping block. Where were most of you in the off season? Not here, but alas, we lose a game and you all decide to grace us we your almighty presence.

AMAZING, thank you!

Last edited:
...and how much time have you given him. Last years team was a mental and physical mess. Not his fault but he did start to get them past that by the end of the season. One off season isn't going to complete a physical turn around. How about we sit back, show support, and see what happens. The goal this year for a majority of the fan base was to make a bowl game. Here you lot are after game two calling for the chopping block. Where were most of you in the off season? Not hear, but alas we lose a game and you all decide to grace us we your almighty presence.

AMAZING, thank you!
You should look up the word apathy.. That word seems to be right in your wheelhouse

Also who cares if someone was posting 10 years ago or started today. I’ve been reading your drivel for a while now might be nice to get some fresh thoughts on this board. Let’s be real were all sick of the meltdowns, losing, lack of whatever etc. etc.

Frost was probably smart to hide out in the bathroom or closet or wherever he did. Can you imagine him confronting a roided out, raging LP? He might not have survived the confrontation.

You should look up the word apathy.. That word seems to be right in your wheelhouse

Also who cares if someone was posting 10 years ago or started today. I’ve been reading your drivel for a while now might be nice to get some fresh thoughts on this board. Let’s be real were all sick of the meltdowns, losing, lack of whatever etc. etc.

Reactions: wkato
I believe SF is terrible at calling plays. He needs an OC to call the plays with his input as the game progresses like Nick Saban does at Alabama. No Creativity what so ever. The play calling was predictable at Colorado. Throwing the football sideline to sideline play after play worked 1 time. CU knew that play was going to be called all day.

Reactions: Chuck003
I believe SF is terrible at calling plays. He needs an OC to call the plays with his input as the game progresses like Nick Saban does at Alabama. No Creativity what so ever. The play calling was predictable at Colorado. Throwing the football sideline to sideline play after play worked 1 time. CU knew that play was going to be called all day.

Come on, you can't be serious. Scott Frost has called the plays for some of the best offenses of the modern era. We are struggling right now, mostly because we can't run the ball between the tackles. But no creativity? Remember the H-Back hide last year against Northwestern? Or the statue of liberty stuff against Minnesota? All the throw backs against Ohio State?

Reactions: dinglefritz
Yet Nebraska was kicking them around for nearly 3 quarters, and in the 4th quarter they answered cu's td's with a few of their own. It was a bad loss for sure, but the offense wasn't totally inept or predictable.

it's year two with young kids and riley leftovers what the hell does everybody expect, we are not even close to the bama's and ou's of the world, give it a few years.

I don't think anyone is expecting play close to Bama or OU but it would be nice to best CU and look better against USA. There realistically should be more improvement than we are seeing.

Can’t even beat a first year head coach in boulder. Don’t give me any bullshit excuses Nebraska laid an egg! Fake tough guys..

That’s so stupid it’s funny. It’s a first year Head Coach vs a 2nd year head coach...both teams are still learning. Colorado definitely had a bit more experience...that’s for sure. All I have to say on that is Colorado owes the Huskers Blackshirts a huge “THANK YOU” card for putting the game on cruise control. They absolute shut Colorados offense down and in the 3rd Quarter with just at 1:42 left in the 3rd quarter...Colorado finally got a little rhythm and scored on a sleep walking defense. I’ll agree, Huskers have a very young team with a young Coaching staff. But Frost is FAR from a fraud. Best of luck to Colorado the rest of the year. Maybe we can all meet up in a Bowl game...;) I’m crossing my fingers hard for that. What a pay back that would be. Colorado beats us early on in the season and the Huskers blow Colorado out in a Bowl game???? Yeah I’d take that trade off. GBR

Last edited:
as I have said several times, winning 9 meaningless games of no consequence is the same as winning zero

of those 8 seasons with 9+ wins, how many times did we actually win anything?

feel-good wins aren't what this program is about.

Wow...you can't possibly be serious...."winning 9 games is the same as zero"???? "Every" win has it's consequences....so does every loss.

UCF fan here. It's going to take a little more time for things to turn around for you guys that it did for us. Totally different at the G5 level than where you guys are in a P5 conference. I see similarities to the start of his tenure here he had to find out who was buying in and who wasn't and there was talent they just needed time and experience.

where'd all those 'wins' get Bo and Riley?

First of all, Bo won a LOT more games than Smiling Mike & never had a losing season (even with his 7 years as our HC). Gee, just maybe that's why Bo lasted seven years here and Riley just three years?

But then, for you, winning zero games a year is just fine.....so, to each their own. But for me, I'd much, much rather see NU rack up 9 or 10 wins than zero wins.

First of all, Bo won a LOT more games than Smiling Mike & never had a losing season (even with his 7 years as our HC). Gee, just maybe that's why Bo lasted seven years here and Riley just three years?

But then, for you, winning zero games a year is just fine.....so, to each their own. But for me, I'd much, much rather see NU rack up 9 or 10 wins than zero wins.

Did I say it's 'fine'? No. I said it's the same as 9 empty wins, which, in college football, it is.

Winning 9 meaningless games to earn a Holiday Bowl birth only makes losers happy. I'd like to get back to competing for championships, and I'm confident Coach Frost is the right man for the job.

Just sick and tired of 20 years of this mess. So much for lifting weights, o line sucks
Trouble is - the other teams are working out too! CU receiver Nixon said their workouts this summer were the toughest he had ever seen.

...and how much time have you given him? Last years team was both a mental and physical mess. Not his fault, but he did start to get the team past that by the end of the season. Also one off season isn't going to complete a physical turn around. How about we sit back, show support, and see what happens. The goal this year for a majority of the fan base was to make a bowl game, and here your lot is after game two calling for the chopping block. Where were most of you in the off season? Not here, but alas, we lose a game and you all decide to grace us we your almighty presence.

AMAZING, thank you!

AMAZING, thank you!

AMAZING, thank you!
giphy.gif

Did you finish reading my post before you got your panties in a wad ?

"Majority"? Show me your statistic on that.... I don't know who you are talking with but most everyone I know expected much better then what we have seen so far. Those expectation were based on Frosts' comments and those by the sports media....which was all we had to base any opinion on.

I did not say one thing about "and here your lot after two calling for the chopping block" ...I didn't know I had a "lot" ...never have called for the chopping block ....and who is this "all" you've mentioning here? I've never seen a comment from you on this board....and I am on here daily (yes, even in the off season). Just because you have been lurking on here being a good quiet supporter doesn't mean we should not be expecting better....even at this point of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT