ADVERTISEMENT

"Scott Frost inherited a broken team"

BigRedBeliever

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 24, 2004
Dallas, Texas
per Todd McShay from ESPN:

"I like Scott Frost a lot as a person, and have gotten to know him over the years," McShay told Hail Varsity Radio. "Even if he had no tie to Nebraska, there are only a handful of coaches in the entire country – I'm talking like Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, those type of elite names – that maybe you would consider over Frost at this point, I think, with his youth, his energy, his passion for the game, his intelligence.

"I can't put a timeline on exactly how long and what, but I know this: That roster he got at UCF was really bad. It was a broken team. He turned it around in two years and went undefeated. I think the world of the guy. He made a big sacrifice to go back and do this. I know he's thrilled to do it, but it would've been a lot of easier to stay at UCF. They would've won and won big for a lot of years. It's going to take two or three years to get to where he feels like it's finally turning around with recruiting and everything else, the challenges he faces, but I just can't think of many other guys in the world that I would want in that position if I was a Nebraska fan."

"I like Scott Frost a lot as a person, and have gotten to know him over the years," McShay told Hail Varsity Radio. "Even if he had no tie to Nebraska, there are only a handful of coaches in the entire country – I'm talking like Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, those type of elite names – that maybe you would consider over Frost at this point, I think, with his youth, his energy, his passion for the game, his intelligence.

"I can't put a timeline on exactly how long and what, but I know this: That roster he got at UCF was really bad. It was a broken team. He turned it around in two years and went undefeated. I think the world of the guy. He made a big sacrifice to go back and do this. I know he's thrilled to do it, but it would've been a lot of easier to stay at UCF. They would've won and won big for a lot of years. It's going to take two or three years to get to where he feels like it's finally turning around with recruiting and everything else, the challenges he faces, but I just can't think of many other guys in the world that I would want in that position if I was a Nebraska fan."
It’s easier to turn 5 mil and Runzas down? Hrm.

That same article talks about how broken this team is

Very broken

Thanks to smilin mike

Maybe I am mistaken but didn’t Todd McShay also write and talk about what a good hire Riley will be for Nebraska and how Diaco was a great coach.

Just sayin’

Todd always has all the answers but he doesn’t know any of the questions.

Reactions: HuskerDana
And everybody on this board wanted Turner Gill...ha!

At least that's the way I remember it.

I don't really care how broke it was after Riley. Just like I don't care how broke it was after Pelini, Callahan, or Solich. All of those coaches are gone. Water under the bridge. Time to look forward, not back.

Reactions: jeans15
I wanted Pelini.
Didn't work.
We should have got Turner.
I would have preferred Gill over Pelini and at that point in time Gill had more head coaching experience and had turned a program around. BUT, I trusted Tom to make the right choice. When they hired Riley, my first reaction was huh. Then I bought the idea that with NU's resources he could be successful at NU. Well, the propaganda machine is going full bore ahead on Frost now BUT I think he was the most logical best fit we could ever hope for. IF Frost can't turn this ship around then I don't think anybody can. And I'm not talking turn it around in the next 4-5 years. We need to ride this horse til he can't nip grass anymore...any of you out in the Sandhills should know what that means.

Turner was a dumpster fire at KU and is now coaching at FCS at Liberty. BP won bunch of games at NU but had anger management issues and is now coaching FCS at YSU.

Turner was a dumpster fire at KU and is now coaching at FCS at Liberty. BP won bunch of games at NU but had anger management issues and is now coaching FCS at YSU.
IMHO, I think Turner would have had more success than Bo IF he had been hired. He was a much better fit for NU and would have hired a better staff. Unlike Bo, Turner would have sought out and listened to Tom's advice. Additionally like it or not, Turner learned recruiting organization from Callahan and I believe he would have out recruited Bo. IMO, IF we had hired Turner, he may still be here with Tom's help similar to the way Alvarez steers Wisconsin still. Water under the bridge and he's probably better off where he is. IMO, we've finally got the guy for the next 25-30 years so giddyup!

Lol at the people pimping TG.

Dude is not a high level D1 coach and to suggest he would have done better than Bo (who I despised) is actually quite humerous.

Just like Solich wasn't a high level D1 coach Gill is not either.

How well do u think all of gills rules would have gone over in Lncoln with 9pm bed times and no girls etc? Gill would have been a worse dumpster fire than BoBo was.

bump

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT