ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost Gaining, Retaining More Elite Talent Than Seen in Decades

Secondly, if the talent left on this roster was so depleted, why didn't all of these 4 stars that Frost brought in beat them out?
I think asking a bunch of underclassmen especially linemen and linebackers to come in and replace more mature upper classmen players is a little unrealistic. It is also true that they had to learn a totally new system when they hit campus in addition to adjusting to the college game. We'll see. I think this fall would have been a good gauge on where this thing was going.

Reactions: bshirt73
I think asking a bunch of underclassmen especially linemen and linebackers to come in and replace more mature upper classmen players is a little unrealistic. It is also true that they had to learn a totally new system when they hit campus in addition to adjusting to the college game. We'll see. I think this fall would have been a good gauge on where this thing was going.

Why? If they are better? Why lose with someone else's players when you can lose with your own?

Reactions: jlb321
Why? If they are better? Why lose with someone else's players when you can lose with your own?
why sacrifice the confidence and get the hell beat out of young kids who aren't physically ready to play yet? The difference in most cases physically between a freshman lineman or linebacker and a junior or senior is usually significant and you know that. I get your point but also understand it takes time to develop kids. Let's see what happens when Frost's second recruiting class are juniors. That first class was hastily put together and I don't think overall is representative what we should expect going forward.

why sacrifice the confidence and get the hell beat out of young kids who aren't physically ready to play yet? The difference in most cases physically between a freshman lineman or linebacker and a junior or senior is usually significant and you know that. I get your point but also understand it takes time to develop kids. Let's see what happens when Frost's second recruiting class are juniors. That first class was hastily put together and I don't think overall is representative what we should expect going forward.

It is what it is. But not all of the 4 and 5 stars were/ are linemen and linebackers.

As has been said elite coaching is made up of 3 parts

1. Talent acquisition ... recruiting
2. Talent development
3. Game day planning and coaching

if you are labeling the recruiting as being elite then perhaps #2 and #3 are thus far so lacking that the result is 4-8 and 5-7

he may end up being an elite coach but 3 losing seasons in 4 years as a head coach does not earn you the distinction of being elite ... at least not elite at winning football games

imagine that, you and Truhusker being butt buddies. Lmfao. Two guys that absolutely hate me because I haven’t given up on our Huskers. He’s a grumpy old man that thinks the sky is falling and you, I swear to God you are fake Husker that trolls actual Husker fans that back and support the team.

Actually, being real, I’m just surprised you are taking part on something Husker sports related and not living on the COVID-19 and politics on the board. Oh wait, you chimed in dogging on the coaching staff. Ok, makes sense now. ;)

And yes, if you are going to be anal about it, obviously there is a lot more to it then just coaching and talent. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that. I was agreeing with Truhusker on his take. Why you keep trolling me when all I was doing was agreeing with him is beyond me. In a sense, you are trolling him and I both and here he is liking your posts. That’s the funny part.

Last edited:
imagine that, you and Truhusker being butt buddies. Lmfao. Two guys that absolutely hate me because I haven’t given up on our Huskers. He’s a grumpy old man that thinks the sky is falling and you, I swear to God you are fake Husker that trolls actual Husker fans that back and support the team.

Actually, being real, I’m just surprised you are taking part on something Husker sports related and not living on the COVID-19 and politics on the board. Oh wait, you chimed in dogging on the coaching staff. Ok, makes sense now. ;)

Yes ... imagine the audacity of not anointing someone as an “elite coach” as you did, when they have yet to have a single winning season as power 5 coach

Yes ... imagine the audacity of not anointing someone as an “elite coach” when they have yet to have a single winning season as power 5 coach

"level of talent" .. ie recruiting .. is also part of coaching

so basically it all boils down to coaching“

i was merely agreeing with your take my friend. Moving along now because I know it’s got to be killing you talking about something sports related and not political or COVID-19 related.

Edited: that and I am sure the rest of the board doesn’t want to see you, Truhusker and I all going back and forth trolling each other....all because I called out over your comment about coaching over lack of talent. Respecting everyone else, time to move it along.

Last edited:
When Frost arrived, Nebraska was in terrible shape on both sides of the line of scrimmage, lb, and virtually barren with no Big Ten caliber underclassmen at rb, and receiver.

They've completely rebuilt the offensive line, and one of the frustrating aspects of the 2020 cancelation, is how nobody will get to see it on display.

The WR, RB, DL, and LB groups needed the season from a developmental standpoint.

And yes, if you are going to be anal about it, obviously there is a lot more to it then just coaching and talent. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that. I was agreeing with the old, grumpy Truhusker on his take. Why you keep trolling me when all I was doing was agreeing with him is beyond me. In a sense, you are trolling him and I both and here he is liking your posts. That’s the funny part.

And as one would expect, if people don't agree with you, just call them names. So mature. The ironic part is you agreed with me and still felt the need to attack me personally. Do you now feel better about yourself? Have a blessed day.

Last edited:
And as one would expect, if people don't agree with you, just call them names. So mature. The ironic part is you agreed with me and still felt the need to attack me personally. Do you now feel better about yourself? Have a blessed day.

What? What name calling? I didn’t call anyone names and I was NOT freaking out on anyone. And quite honestly I was agreeing with you. I’m pretty sure it was JIB321 taking things personal because I called him out. Not the other way around. It’s pretty obvious you dislike me when I’m actually agreeing with you and you are still hammering on me. And All Of this because I still have hopes for Scott Frost and our Huskers. It’s pretty sad to be honest.

Let’s call a truce. I’ll stir clear of you and you do the same with me. It’s pretty obvious we can’t get along and the rest of the board doesn’t need to see us trolling each other. Same goes JIB321. The rest of the board deserves that much.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT