ADVERTISEMENT

Scoring

Do you guys see how much scoring is happening among even top 20 football teams? Like it or not, this is the age we live in. It's some exciting football and defenses are having a hard time keeping up.
And yet something as simple as turning your head to look for the ball led to two interceptions by Clemson cornerbacks. Amazes me how many teams don't do this.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
And yet something as simple as turning your head to look for the ball led to two interceptions by Clemson cornerbacks. Amazes me how many teams don't do this.

It's not a matter of won't but can't. It is not nearly as easy as some elite athletes make it appear. It it were easy to do, every pro CB would do and they don't.

I tried reaching this to HS CB's and it is very difficult to run, maintain contact with the WR and turn around all at the same time while maintaining speed.

Many know how to do it but actually doing it, not so many.

It's not a matter of won't but can't. It is not nearly as easy as some elite athletes make it appear. It it were easy to do, every pro CB would do and they don't.

I tried reaching this to HS CB's and it is very difficult to run, maintain contact with the WR and turn around all at the same time while maintaining speed.

Many know how to do it but actually doing it, not so many.
It's not that hard to do. I can do it and I'm probably not as coordinated as most college athletes. HS athletes don't yet have the coordination, so I understand that. But college athletes should have no problem with it.

It's not that hard to do. I can do it and I'm probably not as coordinated as most college athletes. HS athletes don't yet have the coordination, so I understand that. But college athletes should have no problem with it.
You can't do it. Go back to your Lazyboy.

You can't do it. Go back to your Lazyboy.
I've played flag football against some of the track athletes and if a semi-coordinated white guy like myself can get my head turned around to deflect passes against that kind of speed, the athletes we have on our team should be able to do it no problem.

I've played flag football against some of the track athletes and if a semi-coordinated white guy like myself can get my head turned around to deflect passes against that kind of speed, the athletes we have on our team should be able to do it no problem.
Lol

Too many nanny rules hindering defense. Also, holding among offensive linemen has been accepted now for decades. I'll never understand that.

Reactions: Sinomatic
The point I'm trying to make is it doesn't take super athleticism to get your head turned to the ball without losing track of the receiver. It's actually much easier to do this than trying to play the receiver's hands. Pro athletes may be able to do that, but I don't think most college athletes are capable of doing it consistently. All it takes with the first technique is a decent amount of coordination. And this is much easier to teach and coach at the college level than playing the receivers hands.

The point I'm trying to make is it doesn't take super athleticism to get your head turned to the ball without losing track of the receiver. It's actually much easier to do this than trying to play the receiver's hands. Pro athletes may be able to do that, but I don't think most college athletes are capable of doing it consistently. All it takes with the first technique is a decent amount of coordination. And this is much easier to teach and coach at the college level than playing the receivers hands.
I don't know, maybe check with Coach Frost and see if he has any openings?

ADVERTISEMENT