ADVERTISEMENT

scholarship distribution

All N

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
Nice Job Husker Online staff to get that scholarship distribution chart updated right away.

What does everyone think is the correct number of scholarship's to have at each position to get up to the 85. Running Nebraska current offense and Defense

Here is my opinion.

qb-4
rb-5
FB-0
Wr-11
TE-5
OL-16
DL-11
LB-14
CB-9
S-7
SP 3

Reactions: zrob
Good breakdown. Asked in another thread but will ask again

Do people think Bunch gets put on scholarship?

If he goes on scholarship we have 4 scholarship QBs -

Martinez - Freshman - may redshirt
Gebbia - rFR
Bunch - So
Vedral - So - I think So next year as well if he redshirts

All underclassman - if we are going to take a QB per year there will eventually need to be further attrition or we are going to be scholarship heavy at the position

Last edited:
Technically there’s only 2 QBs on scholarship right? Vedral is a walk-on since UCF acted like little babies and wouldn’t grant his release to NU. In 2019 he will be a scholarship but for 2018, there’s only 2 unless Bunch gets one, which I think he will. My guess is he’s #2 on the depth chart, with Martinez getting a RS. IMO Martinez RS unless he wins the starting job.

Reactions: jlb321
Technically there’s only 2 QBs on scholarship right? Vedral is a walk-on since UCF acted like little babies and wouldn’t grant his release to NU. In 2019 he will be a scholarship but for 2018, there’s only 2 unless Bunch gets one, which I think he will. My guess is he’s #2 on the depth chart, with Martinez getting a RS. IMO Martinez RS unless he wins the starting job.

Thanks for clarifying. When figuring numbers for next year if Bunch goes on scholarship we are going to be +3 at the QB position - Bunch, Vedral, new recruit.

Before adding Bunch, how many are we over now with POB leaving? We already were over signed so some attrition has to occur before adding anymore. Or did I miss something somewhere?

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Good breakdown. Asked in another thread but will ask again

Do people think Bunch gets put on scholarship?

If he goes on scholarship we have 4 scholarship QBs -

Martinez - Freshman - may redshirt
Gebbia - rFR
Bunch - So
Vedral - So - I think So next year as well if he redshirts

All underclassman - if we are going to take a QB per year there will eventually need to be further attrition or we are going to be scholarship heavy at the position
Usually a walk-on has to start or be 2nd team to get a scholarship, but I don't know if it was ever a set rule. I would think that he would get put on scholarship in the fall if he's in the running for playing time and there is a scholarship available.

What does everyone think is the correct number of scholarship's to have at each position to get up to the 85. Running Nebraska current offense and Defense

Here is my opinion...:
QB - 4
RB - 5
WR - 12
TE - 4
OL - 16
DL - 14
LB - 12
CB - 9
S - 7
P/K - 2

What will be the most standard formation on offense? I would think 3 WRs, 1 TE, QB and RB. If so, we have way too many TEs.

Before adding Bunch, how many are we over now with POB leaving? We already were over signed so some attrition has to occur before adding anymore. Or did I miss something somewhere?

Still three over right now

ADVERTISEMENT