ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule a 1-AA Opponent

Alabama's going to pass us this year on the all-time wins chart. OU isn't far behind. We can't afford to only play 11 games.

Will Frost and Moos consider this? I believe we did this in 2005 and it counted towards bowl qualification. We need that extra game and we need that guaranteed win.
Alabama's going to pass us this year on the all-time wins chart. OU isn't far behind. We can't afford to only play 11 games.
But can you afford to lose to a FCS team? At this point the season is going downhill quick. I bet they wait to schedule anything til the QB situation is resolved.

Reactions: JAFFX2 and ffjoey44
But can you afford to lose to a FCS team? At this point the season is going downhill quick. I bet they wait to schedule anything til the QB situation is resolved.
Just stop. We have played one game, the season has just started. We out played CU and gave it away with some costly mistakes. Over 300 yards rushing against CU and 7 sacks, but now we lose to a FCS team? Would you be singing the same tune if Reed isn’t called for the late penalty and we win? Because we would still be the same team.

19-19 the last 3 years didn’t help and take this into consideration Nebraska in it’s bi-centennial year back in 1989 took 7 wins away and called them exhibition..

Notre Dame, Texas and USC etc...have all played against high school teams and they count them in their win column..So realistically Nebraska has 900 wins.

UCF most likely will lose their game against UNC due to the hurricane. Both UCF and Nebraska have the same open date...
UCF has put 56 and 38 the first 2 weeks. Frost leaving doesn't appear to be hurting their ability to put up points. As of right now we won't no part of them. It is going to be tough to get to bowl as is. Whatever team we play to make up the Akron needs to close to an automatic W as possible. I have no doubt long term we will be better off than UCF, just not yet.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Is that a serious question? Home opener cancelled, backup qb quits, lose first game, starting qb gets injured, walk on to start next game. If that’s not a down hill start to the season I don’t know what is
Wait. I thought downhill was easy. Or is it uphill? Damn. Too much math involved, STC. Maybe you should go play with your intellectual equals and let us poor rubes drown in our misery. We just can't keep the **** up with you.

Why are UCF fans still obsessed with Nebraska? Scott Frost was hired by Nebraska 10 months ago. Move on.

Probably the same reason why Nebraska fans are still obsessed with Mike Riley and Bo Pelini and Bill Callahan and Frank Solich.

How many posts in these threads reference Gebbia or "Beaver Ball" or Youngstown St or Bo? Hell we can't move on, why should they? ha ha ha

Is that a serious question? Home opener cancelled, backup qb quits, lose first game, starting qb gets injured, walk on to start next game. If that’s not a down hill start to the season I don’t know what is
I just prefer to look at all the good we have going.
-Scott Frost one of the top coaches in the country is leading this team.
-We had 7 sacks (12 all last year)
-We had 2 100 rushers
-We held CU to 44 yard rushing
-Martinez doesn't have any major injury
-This was only the first game of the year
-The team had more fire and passion than any team I have seen in years.
So yes it was a serious question. We have more good going right now than bad!

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
I just prefer to look at all the good we have going.
-Scott Frost one of the top coaches in the country is leading this team.
-We had 7 sacks (12 all last year)
-We had 2 100 rushers
-We held CU to 44 yard rushing
-Martinez doesn't have any major injury
-This was only the first game of the year
-The team had more fire and passion than any team I have seen in years.
So yes it was a serious question. We have more good going right now than bad!
For the future I agree you’re in good hands and will hopefully be playing in CCGs soon. I think some people on here are a little too optimistic about the current season. I saw a guy yesterday say he was sticking with his prediction of 8 wins.

Reactions: 9and4
For the future I agree you’re in good hands and will hopefully be playing in CCGs soon. I think some people on here are a little too optimistic about the current season. I saw a guy yesterday say he was sticking with his prediction of 8 wins.
I agree, 8 wins in far stretch. Better to think that way than to think we are only getting 4. Or that the season is in downward direction. All teams, make mistakes, miss games, get players hurt ect... It is part of the game

Let's just remember CU's 2001 season. After that opening-game home loss to Fresno State, I'm sure you were saying it was all downhill from there. Oh, right. You won the Big 12 that year. Anything can happen. It was Week 1 for Nebraska.

Reactions: husker2612
Here are the teams with games that have been canceled and open dates on Oct. 27:
  1. East Carolina (lost a road game at Virginia Tech)
  2. UCF (lost a road game at North Carolina, but according to a UCF official "it is unlikely the Knights will be able to replace the North Carolina contest with another game as the Knights don’t have a true open date.”)
  3. Marshall (lost a road game at South Carolina)
  4. Liberty (lost a home game against Norfolk State)
  5. FCS Tennessee State (lost a neutral game in Memphis and a road game at Hampton, so they're down to nine games total)
  6. FCS North Alabama (lost a game against Incarnate Word when UIW scheduled Dec. 1 game at Iowa State)

Last edited:
Here are the teams with games that have been canceled and open dates on Oct. 27:
  1. East Carolina (lost a road game at Virginia Tech)
  2. UCF (lost a road game at North Carolina, but according to a UCF official "it is unlikely the Knights will be able to replace the North Carolina contest with another game as the Knights don’t have a true open date.”)
  3. Marshall (lost a road game at South Carolina)
  4. Liberty (lost a home game against Norfolk State
  5. FCS Tennessee State (lost a neutral game in Memphis and a road game at Hampton, so they're down to nine games total)
  6. FCS North Alabama (lost a game against Incarnate Word when UIW scheduled Dec. 1 game at Iowa State)

Cross UCF off the list they also have to play on Thursday 5 days later, not going to happen...

Liberty looks like the best choice and Tenn State after that...
Oct 27 looks like that is the day SF wants to play this game, hope this doesn’t hurt us down the stretch against Illinois, Michigan St and Iowa..

Of that list only ECU and UCF interest me. Wonder if UCF could adjust their Friday game for a nice paycheck.

This really isn’t the year to schedule another power 5 team, let alone on our only bye week..

This^^^ why are people so gung-ho on scheduling a quality opponent? We’ve lost 5 in a row and our schedule is brutal this year. Honestly, By kicking some teams tail it will help our morale. I feel like we kinda have a defeatist attitude and we’re going to lose a handful of games this year. When Reed committed that penalty I knew we were doomed. Unfortunately I was right.

Cross UCF off the list they also have to play on Thursday 5 days later, not going to happen...

Liberty looks like the best choice and Tenn State after that...
Oct 27 looks like that is the day SF wants to play this game, hope this doesn’t hurt us down the stretch against Illinois, Michigan St and Iowa..

Depends who we schedule. If it’s a cupcake we can play a lot of guys and actually gain experience for our backups.

Bo would wipe the floor with us
mr_chang_senor_chang_laugh_spits_milk.gif

Just stop. We have played one game, the season has just started. We out played CU and gave it away with some costly mistakes. Over 300 yards rushing against CU and 7 sacks, but now we lose to a FCS team? Would you be singing the same tune if Reed isn’t called for the late penalty and we win? Because we would still be the same team.
Let's just remember CU's 2001 season. After that opening-game home loss to Fresno State, I'm sure you were saying it was all downhill from there. Oh, right. You won the Big 12 that year. Anything can happen. It was Week 1 for Nebraska.
I don’t think we can go P5 after these last two games. Has to be 1-AA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT