ADVERTISEMENT

Say It Ain't So Mo

The state of Nebraska will NEVER legalize pot. How much revenue do you think the state pulls in busting people trafficking from Colorado?

Reactions: SoFL Husker
#1. High school kid sent a sex video of his former girlfriend to his former girlfriend and makes a dumb remark.
#2. College kid gets caught with weed residue and a pipe but no weed.

1 + 2 = Life ruined
Quite the display of perspective here

I agree with most, doesn't seem worth the trouble when we have kids willing to work their tails off to help the team. Shame, kid's talented and fun to watch.

College football career at NU may be ruined, but life? Get real. He's 19. Hopefully he gets his act together and contributes to society (pays taxes) down the road.
College football career at NU may be ruined, but life? Get real.
Football and school may be over and he may be a convicted felon soon.

I'd define that as life ruining!

I have to wonder how many posters here have ever smoked pot in their lives? Just seems like a lot of folks passing a very negative judgment in this thread so I assume none of the posters here have ever done it. Right?

FWIW - Recreational marijuana also is now fully legal in 11 states including California where he faces a court appointment in a week.
I smoked pot back in the day...a lot. When I lived in the dorm I opened the door a foot and if it slammed shut I knew the prevailing wind was from the window to the door. If it opened more I knew the airflow was from the hall to the window and torching up was OK. If the airflow was toward the hall, I had to put a wet towel on the floor at the bottom of the door and blow the smoke out the window best I could. Either that, or go to a buddy's who lived on the other side of the building. Then I got a job that tested and the party was over.

After five pages of posts the general "feel" I get from people on this thread who want to cut bait is that most aren't down on the demon weed, its that if you get in trouble for doing something stupid, then double down and get in trouble for more stupid, and post questionable tweets along the way, it is a disturbing trend. At my job if I tested positive I would have had a second chance with mitigation conditions, but not a third. I think most employers are willing to give second chances, but not thirds. I trust Frost to do the right thing, but if he asked my advice I would probably suggest parting ways.

Reactions: huskerj12
I smoked pot back in the day...a lot. When I lived in the dorm I opened the door a foot and if it slammed shut I knew the prevailing wind was from the window to the door. If it opened more I knew the airflow was from the hall to the window and torching up was OK. If the airflow was toward the hall, I had to put a wet towel on the floor at the bottom of the door and blow the smoke out the window best I could. Either that, or go to a buddy's who lived on the other side of the building. Then I got a job that tested and the party was over.

After five pages of posts the general "feel" I get from people on this thread who want to cut bait is that most aren't down on the demon weed, its that if you get in trouble for doing something stupid, then double down and get in trouble for more stupid, and post questionable tweets along the way, it is a disturbing trend. At my job if I tested positive I would have had a second chance with mitigation conditions, but not a third. I think most employers are willing to give second chances, but not thirds. I trust Frost to do the right thing, but if he asked my advice I would probably suggest parting ways.

Job in college that tested?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT