ADVERTISEMENT

Say Hi to Our Next Quarterback

He's best suited for Mountain West or a desperate Pac-12, Hawaii type program. He plays stiff and nervous.

Dildo gave him every opportunity to succeed. Klubnik is going to be a really good one.
Stiff, nervous and dildo? Freudian slip??

jeez all we needed to do was get an ex-NFL coach in here to recognize Haarberg's potential

not like some ape on this board was calling for him to start week 0 two years ago or anything
Haarberg seems like a great project for a developmental program. He’s shown flashes of what he can do and seems to have the physical tools. I like the idea of Jeff Sims (GT QB visiting this weekend) in their system too. Tall QBs with arm strength and size who can run.

jeez all we needed to do was get an ex-NFL coach in here to recognize Haarberg's potential

not like some ape on this board was calling for him to start week 0 two years ago or anything
Don’t pat yourself on the back too much😂.. The question is what does he have between his ears and decision making..

There has to be some reason why he never moved up the depth chart at #5 or #6 string..

Don’t pat yourself on the back too much😂.. The question is what does he have between his ears and decision making..

There has to be some reason why he never moved up the depth chart at #5 or #6 string..
Those reasons could be bad coaching and development (Mario) and indifference (Whipple). Here’s to hoping he becomes at least a quality backup.

Nelson transfer? I don't believe that for a second.
I heard he caught greif from nu students, for frost suckage....and even a professor I beleive...but every time I seen him he was working his ass off..so it would'nt make sense for him to go, now that he's reached a real good level and can bump it up next year, to get good nfl money.

The walk-on ahead of him probably answered more questions in the meeting room. Tough to say when the team isn't playing football much in practice and then when they did you know that those backups didn't get any snaps. Frost and 65 year old Whipple weren't interested in next year or two years down the road.

It's tough to be a developmental prospect in a program that doesn't develop kids.

The walk-on ahead of him probably answered more questions in the meeting room. Tough to say when the team isn't playing football much in practice and then when they did you know that those backups didn't get any snaps. Frost and 65 year old Whipple weren't interested in next year or two years down the road.

It's tough to be a developmental prospect in a program that doesn't develop kids.
Good point with that many QB’s not enough could get that many reps improving themselves..

Still it’s apparent that SF and Verduzzco went after Haarberg and turned their blind eye against Flores the best QB in the state tells you all what you want to know..

You do know what the word 'potential" means right? It is a conditional word, meaning not ready. You are reading a lot into a message that is second or third hand. But if it makes you feel better.

You do know what the word 'potential" means right? It is a conditional word, meaning not ready. You are reading a lot into a message that is second or third hand. But if it makes you feel better.
I know you're in academia, but are all your students so stupid you have to explain what a simple word like potential means?

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Haarberg has always been a project with potential. He wasn’t in any place to start two years ago.
Of course he wasn’t in any place to start 2 years ago

My point then - and it still stands - was that the team wasn’t in any place to win with AM and the record was inconsequential because frost was guaranteed to be here in 2022, so why not get see if you can get the future ready, or at minimum see if you have a future at all

Start Haarberg, have smothers back him up and have AM root each on & be a team leader (his best strength)

We wouldn’t have done worse (3 wins), and we’d have at least one more answer today than we do now

A fantastic take in hindsight, given it was July 2021 when posted

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I’m happy our new coach sees the same thing in the Howitzer that I’ve seen in him for 2+ years:

POTENTIAL

This Rhule guy just might know a thing or two about football ;)

Reactions: BleedRed78
Of course he wasn’t in any place to start 2 years ago

My point then - and it still stands - was that the team wasn’t in any place to win with AM and the record was inconsequential because frost was guaranteed to be here in 2022, so why not get see if you can get the future ready, or at minimum see if you have a future at all

Start Haarberg, have smothers back him up and have AM root each on & be a team leader (his best strength)

We wouldn’t have done worse (3 wins), and we’d have at least one more answer today than we do

A fantastic take in hindsight, given it was July 2021 when posted
It’s an awful take that is only relevant in hindsight after frost has failed. No one really imagine frost being as bad as he was, and after beating out Tennessee for AM many were reasonably confident we had at least an average qb.

There’s no universe where your take even makes sense. No one recruits a top qb, sits him on the sidelines to kiss babies and sign autographs, and starts a hometown project hoping he can teach himself to play D1 football.

It’s an awful take that is only relevant in hindsight after frost has failed. No one really imagine frost being as bad as he was, and after beating out Tennessee for AM many were reasonably confident we had at least an average qb.

There’s no universe where your take even makes sense. No one recruits a top qb, sits him on the sidelines to kiss babies and sign autographs, and starts a hometown project hoping he can teach himself to play D1 football.
Frost was going into year 4

We already knew he was terrible

Same goes for AM

Basically everything I posted was true, right down to cheerleading being AM’s biggest strength

Are we good in 2021 if haarberg starts? Probably not but who knows. We KNEW we were not good with AM

And at least we’d know how HH handled live fire

4dcb632a-fe96-4902-b96d-622aeccf741c_750x422.jpg

Same goes for AM

Basically everything I posted was true, right down to cheerleading being AM’s biggest strength

Are we good in 2021 if haarberg starts? Probably not but who knows. We KNEW we were not good with AM
My bad I read he words but processed the wrong year in my brain.

Reminds me of Tommy Armstrong
I don’t know if Sims possesses anywhere close to the intangibles Tommy had (heart, guts, grit, leadership, iron will), but physically I’d agree.

Sims also has some height compared to Tommy & Casey for that matter

Reactions: BleedRed78

Who was the kid from Georgia that ended up transferring to Va Tech and eventually Illinois? I feel like Haarberg could end up like him.

S

Same goes for AM

o the same hometown coach who caught sh## for playing walk on WRs over scholarship guys purposely buried a scholarship small town Nebraska QB even though he was better than Purdy and Smothers? Sorry. Not buying it.

S

o the same hometown coach who caught sh## for playing walk on WRs over scholarship guys purposely buried a scholarship small town Nebraska QB even though he was better than Purdy and Smothers? Sorry. Not buying it.
Not what I said at all. Not even 1% accurate.

I never said haarberg was good. I said we don’t know. At the time (july ‘21), we knew for 100% certainty that AM wasn’t winning anything here & we knew for 100% certainty frost was staying no matter the results

So why not put the team in a possible place to succeed in 2022 instead of banging your head agains the same spot on the same wall for a 4th straight year? We couldn’t possibly have been worse, and we’d have at least 1 more answer today than we do now.

I never said haarberg was good. I said we don’t know. At the time (july ‘21), we knew for 100% certainty that AM wasn’t winning anything here & we knew for 100% certainty frost was staying no matter the results

So why not put the team in a possible place to succeed in 2022 instead of banging your head agains the same spot on the same wall for a 4th straight year? We couldn’t possibly have been worse, and we’d have at least 1 more answer today than we do now.
Do you do the same for all positions on the field? Do you not trust any coach to make the right decision as to who to play?

I did notice the last two back up QBs that many were demanding didn't get much done. One transfered and is now a WR and the other is still on our roster but I wonder for how long.

Same goes for AM

Who knows? Frost knew and so did every player on the NU football team. AM was the best option at QB and it wasn't even close. HH can't handle throws against the scout team, he's not playing in front of AM.

• Haha

We were not losing games because of AM. We lost because the team sucked. Your reasoning makes no sense. And If Frost lost every game in 2021 he was not coming g back in 2022.

• Haha
Wasn’t AM something like 0-18 when he had the chance to win or tie the game on the final drive?
so many still in denial

he proved this year what I've known for 2.5 years - his greatest asset is as teammate, not as starting QB

Who knows? Frost knew and so did every player on the NU football team. AM was the best option at QB and it wasn't even close. HH can't handle throws against the scout team, he's not playing in front of AM.
this is what people with zero vision, forethought or creativity sound like

don't be one of those people, folks

I trust Rhule to have a vision for the team. I did not trust frost to tie his shoes much less put the team in the best position to win

also - go back and watch the spring game Haarberg single handedly won by himself in gale force winds. made enough throws in that one.

ADVERTISEMENT