ADVERTISEMENT

Savage. Banker fired over...

That's not correct. Riley made the decision with input from BD.

P.S. Just like Read.

Technically true, but you WAY overestimate MR here b/c on USC this week they pretty much said BD forced this on MR (since in the past at OSU, there was no BD there to tell MR his guy has to go).

Again, elevating it from the disaster he made with his first staff. He pretty much is an amateur. A guy with all his great wealth of experience is still learning how to put a decent staff together. Time is ticking! The bad thing about it is the games are less than 8 months away. You think a 7 win season will cut it here?

Yeah. I think this is a dog shit take. Later.

Reactions: dinglefritz
You're wasting time with someone from HPH. I'm not interested in what 747, doodle or swatted have to say so please keep me out of responses to them.

To answer your question, Shawn isn't feeling any heat. He has great relations and dialogue with BOR's who finally came to their senses and the money guys who can make things happen if/when needed.

Thanks. That's what I thought.

And how many did the professional staff win the first year? We should have won a minimum of 10 games this year. The schedule was easy.

They won 6. And the next year improved to 9. And now they improved the staff and will hopefully improve their record (verse harder schedules than the last staff had ever seen).

Now back to the point of this thread. You got what you wanted, Reed and Banker are fired, solid if not great replacements have been found, why are you still complaining? What does it matter who's call it was? You got what you wanted!

Reactions: headcard
They won 6. And the next year improved to 9. And now they improved the staff and will hopefully improve their record (verse harder schedules than the last staff had ever seen).

Now back to the point of this thread. You got what you wanted, Reed and Banker are fired, solid if not great replacements have been found, why are you still complaining? What does it matter who's call it was? You got what you wanted!
I'm not complaining. When the minion brigade makes a stupid comment, I set them straight. Big boy moves etc.

of course it matters. if someone, and I'm not saying this happened b/c I have no idea, has to tell MR what to do, then what are we paying MR 2.7 mil to do? put on nice press conferences?

and this whole idea of improving from 6 to 9 is laughable. We only won 6 b/c of how bad the staff was at game mgmt. I don't really see any overall improvement and the stats bear that out.

S&P+:

2016 - 46th
2015 - 48th
2014 - 31st
2013 - 60th
2012 - 23rd
2011 - 19th

Reactions: Morgan747
of course it matters. if someone, and I'm not saying this happened b/c I have no idea, has to tell MR what to do, then what are we paying MR 2.7 mil to do? put on nice press conferences?

and this whole idea of improving from 6 to 9 is laughable. We only won 6 b/c of how bad the staff was at game mgmt. I don't really see any overall improvement and the stats bear that out.

S&P+:

2016 - 46th
2015 - 48th
2014 - 31st
2013 - 60th
2012 - 23rd
2011 - 19th

What are we paying him to do? Coach. We are paying him to coach.

Reactions: timnsun
I'm not complaining. When the minion brigade makes a stupid comment, I set them straight. Big boy moves etc.

I've read most of what has been posted on this board over the last couple days, I'm failing to miss what you were setting straight and why it matters.

By whining, Banker is the only one who looks bitch-ass in all of this. Tom Landry was fired over the phone. It sucked, but the Cowboys won 3 Super Bowls soon thereafter.

I think it's pretty obv why people "freak out." we hired a coach with mediocre results who has delivered us two years of mediocre results. until that changes, people arent going to be happy with him.

My main concern with Riley was his allegiance to certain mediocre assistants. He has proven me wrong there by replacing them with better coaches (though still not sold on Coach Cav). Excited to see what he can do with a top-notch defensive coordinator.

One more change I wish Riley would make is taking over play-calling duties from Langsdorf. I base this on his time at Oregon State, they were much better the years that Riley called the plays. When he took back play-calling duties from Langsdorf in 2012 their offensive improved significantly. But I'm willing to see what happens this year with a QB that he recruited.

I think it's a crazy that we got a 6 page thread arguing over the mechanics of how Banker was fired/not renewed.
MY thoughts....
Oh-My-God-Who-The-Hell-Cares-Gif-On-Family-Guy.gif

I think it's pretty obv why people "freak out." we hired a coach with mediocre results who has delivered us two years of mediocre results. until that changes, people arent going to be happy with him.

Most times when a new coach is hired that changes offensive philoshophies you are going to have a year or 2 of lessor times. Bo kept winning 9 games because he had no idea what kind of offensive philosophy to run so he kept the previous offensive staff which made the offensive transition much easier. When you have to recruit your own style of players (which this staff has done much beter than the old staff) it takes a bit of time.

I also am a firm believer in MR being hired to smooth over the shit show that BP was putting Nebraska in rather than his coaching successes.

Reactions: timnsun
MY thoughts....
Oh-My-God-Who-The-Hell-Cares-Gif-On-Family-Guy.gif

Has anybody seen the article where another site did a poll during the AAA game and asked recruits who was the most annoying twitter followers were? It was Nebraska fans with 10 votes for first place. 2nd place had 5.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Clearly, I was confused. Which happens more often than not.

Not confused. Just differnet reporters. Yours was social media overall where the other was twitter only Im guessing. Key to both was noted by the one author anout how all the top 10 were blueblood programs with passionate fanbases. Which is true in both cases.

the phone by Riley while Banker was at Denver airport headed to Tulsa to recruit.
As I said previously, this was not Mike's decision. It was SE's decision. Riley must succeed next season or SE will be in the unemployment line. Having Mike call Banker to notify him instead of waiting for him to get back to Lincoln further illustrates what a POS Eichorst really is. This action has SE written all over it.

As I said previously, this was not Mike's decision. It was SE's decision. Riley must succeed next season or SE will be in the unemployment line. Having Mike call Banker to notify him instead of waiting for him to get back to Lincoln further illustrates what a POS Eichorst really is. This action has SE written all over it.

This is driven by BD. SE basically said as much in his bowl game interview with LJS/OWH.

Bottom line is Riley should have not hired so many of his Corvallis staff back to Lincoln and should have taken his time picking out a staff for the long hall.. Besides Bray didn't think too much of his staff coming from osu.
Yeah after he hired the duds he should have never hired in the first place. Time is ticking let's get this right! Fire Davis and Cav now, better sooner than later.

Please enlighten us as to who else was available 2 months before signing day that Riley should have hired instead.

Does turd in the punch bowl mean anything to you?? Shouldn't you be over on the Kitten board celebrating your latest 2 star JUCO commit??

Last edited:
Reactions: SOHusker11
As I said previously, this was not Mike's decision. It was SE's decision. Having Mike call Banker to notify him instead of waiting for him to get back to Lincoln further illustrates what a POS Eichorst really is. This action has SE written all over it.

giphy.gif

No. It was a universal decision and Riley had the final call.

Why do people want this thread to end?.
I'm getting a kick out of watching the butt hurt trolls.

Riley has helped Banker make millions of dollars...lets see if there is another D1 coach that hires him, unlikely...I think Mark was working well above him skill level, and getting paid for it too.

Riley has helped Banker make millions of dollars...lets see if there is another D1 coach that hires him, unlikely...I think Mark was working well above him skill level, and getting paid for it too.
Exactly. He was getting paid handsomely. One of the highest paid people in the State of Nebraska. To coach a game. His defenses were mediocre. Certainly not championship caliber. Yes, yes, we lack talent. But his defenses tackled poorly, took bad angles, lacked discipline, lacked fundamentals, and for two years in a row got gashed by big plays in big games.
He should not have been whining to the press. Move on dude.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT