ADVERTISEMENT

Savage. Banker fired over...

Anyone worrying about how Banker was fired is ridiculous. You don't call him back in and watch your number one guy get hired by another program. It's business.

P.S. Have a I said lately I like Riley? He's the first coach since TO that is doing what it takes to maximize our potential as a program. Let's go!

Sounds like Banker got whacked, so to speak. Would have been better to go down another way, but it is what it is.

Did Banker know he was on the chopping block or that Riley was actively searching for a new DC?

He seems blindsided by what happened. I'll go to my grave believing there was discussion of his future at or following the bowl game. Way too much chatter in Nashville from a couple different circles, and neither group runs with the other.

Did Banker know he was on the chopping block or that Riley was actively searching for a new DC?

Well at the very least he knew his contract was about up, right? That has to tell him something.
And if MR doesn't call Banker, then we have an article where Banker says "First I heard was all these rumors on twitter."... Then we have even more pages of faux outrage.

Reactions: HuskerO and H.T.O.
Bottom line is Riley should have not hired so many of his Corvallis staff back to Lincoln and should have taken his time picking out a staff for the long hall.. Besides Bray didn't think too much of his staff coming from osu.

Anyone worrying about how Banker was fired is ridiculous. You don't call him back in and watch your number one guy get hired by another program. It's business.

P.S. Have a I said lately I like Riley? He's the first coach since TO that is doing what it takes to maximize our potential as a program. Let's go!
Yeah after he hired the duds he should have never hired in the first place. Time is ticking let's get this right! Fire Davis and Cav now, better sooner than later.

making it look like things came from left field kinda seem to be Banker's interview style.

This is such an interesting thread/last couple days for Riley haters.

Riley haters want Reed fired.
Reed gets fired.
Riley hires a splash replacement
Riley haters want Banker fired.
Banker gets fired.
Riley hires a sought after, slam dunk replacement.
Riley haters somehow try and poke holes on why he isn't the very best hire we could get.
Then might as well try and throw Riley under the bus because didn't do the 'right way'

People, you're getting what you want and you're still not happy. How I would hate to live a life where what I want makes me unhappy.

Yeah after he hired the duds he should have never hired in the first place. Time is ticking let's get this right! Fire Davis and Cav now, better sooner than later.
How would they go about that? Should they be given a press conference to cry and try and explain to the media what their feelings are? Is that the "Nebraska way"?

Reed gets fired.
Banker gets fired.
Riley haters somehow try and poke holes on why he isn't the very best hire we could get.
Then might as well try and throw Riley under the bus because didn't do the 'right way'

People, you're getting what you want and you're still not happy. How I would hate to live a life where what I want makes me unhappy.
Telling that they don't ever post about the new hires. Just the old ones (who they constantly trashed). But oh yeah, they "want the program to move forward and succeed".

He seems blindsided by what happened. I'll go to my grave believing there was discussion of his future at or following the bowl game. Way too much chatter in Nashville from a couple different circles, and neither group runs with the other.
He was quoted as saying it didn't completely surprise him especially considering the scores of OSU, Iowa, and bowl games. So that tells me he knew he wasn't performing well and the business is about results. I think he was more upset about getting told via the phone instead of in person then he was the actual firing itself.

Reactions: H.T.O.

I agree on Read. But I don't agree on Banker. Our defense showed massive improvement this year, and in many ways, I'm surprised Riley made the move so quickly. It clearly shows he is going to press hard right now to take the next step.

Davis is a very good coach. Newby made massive strides under his wing. His recruiting, however, has to improve. I'm perfectly comfortable with Cav. He's doing a good job on both fronts.

Reactions: GretnaShawn

Reed gets fired.
Banker gets fired.

I wish I could upvote this a thousand times.

How would they go about that? Should they be given a press conference to cry and try and explain to the media what their feelings are? Is that the "Nebraska way"?
What are you asking me for dingleberry? I couldn't care less how they do it. Just get it done and start over. Wasted 2 years. So much for the great professional experience!

Reactions: YouGotSwatted!
What are you asking me for dingleberry? I couldn't care less how they do it. Just get it done and start over. Wasted 2 years. So much for the great professional experience!
You are always whining like a toddler. Use your words, little guy. Tell us just how you want your diaper powdered.

Banker should have never been here. Not only is he a terrible DC and below avg recruiter,, but he vouched for guys like Hughes. He's stunted our D for 24 months.

Reactions: Morgan747
I agree on Read. But I don't agree on Banker. Our defense showed massive improvement this year, and in many ways, I'm surprised Riley made the move so quickly. It clearly shows he is going to press hard right now to take the next step.

Davis is a very good coach. Newby made massive strides under his wing. His recruiting, however, has to improve. I'm perfectly comfortable with Cav. He's doing a good job on both fronts.
Riley didn't make the move. Think! You say he made massive improvement. You think Riley would fire his buddy who is making massive improvement? Eichorst made the move.

I agree, Davis is really lacking in recruiting. I would be willing to give Cav another year but I would cut Davis loose. Cav needs to recruit better too.

Riley didn't make the move. Think! You say he made massive improvement. You think Riley would fire his buddy who is making massive improvement? Eichorst made the move.

That's not correct. Riley made the decision with input from BD.

P.S. Just like Read.

I don't believe it's performance based. I think Riley was blindsided by the lack of talent here and he's figured out quick he has to get guys in here to bring talent ASAP. I can't recall anyone that Banker was the lead recruiter on and I think that did him in.

Reactions: CFBfan70
I don't believe it's performance based. I think Riley was blindsided by the lack of talent here and he's figured out quick he has to get guys in here to bring talent ASAP. I can't recall anyone that Banker was the lead recruiter on and I think that did him in.

I certainly agree that Riley is making it clear you must be both a good recruiter and teacher to stay on staff here.

Go on thinking that. Eichorst's leash is shortening. He's feeling a bit of heat.

My understanding is that SE has essentially won over all of the important people in the AD and beyond. He's not feeling heat. Perhaps HTO can confirm or refute this.

But this is what's funny, who cares who fired who? People got what they wanted and now they are complaining about stuff that doesn't matter. It's just craziness.

(I have no idea who fired who and I don't care.)

Oh I completely agree. I don't care either.

What I do completely reject is the idea that Riley is some amateur that doesn't know what he is doing. That's bullshit.

For the first time since TO we have a coach who is willing to do what it takes to elevate the program. I love it.

Oh I completely agree. I don't care either.

What I do completely reject is the idea that Riley is some amateur that doesn't know what he is doing. That's bullshit.

For the first time since TO we have a coach who is willing to do what it takes to elevate the program. I love it.
Again, elevating it from the disaster he made with his first staff. He pretty much is an amateur. A guy with all his great wealth of experience is still learning how to put a decent staff together. Time is ticking! The bad thing about it is the games are less than 8 months away. You think a 7 win season will cut it here?

My understanding is that SE has essentially won over all of the important people in the AD and beyond. He's not feeling heat. Perhaps HTO can confirm or refute this.

You're wasting time with someone from HPH. I'm not interested in what 747, doodle or swatted have to say so please keep me out of responses to them.

To answer your question, Shawn isn't feeling any heat. He has great relations and dialogue with BOR's who finally came to their senses and the money guys who can make things happen if/when needed.

Again, elevating it from the disaster he made with his first staff. He pretty much is an amateur. A guy with all his great wealth of experience is still learning how to put a decent staff together. Time is ticking! The bad thing about it is the games are less than 8 months away. You think a 7 win season will cut it here?

Well he just won 9 games last season. And that apparently was good enough for most Bo fans.

You're wasting time with someone from HPH. I'm not interested in what 747, doodle or swatted have to say so please keep me out of responses to them.

To answer your question, Shawn isn't feeling any heat. He has great relations and dialogue with BOR's who finally came to their senses and the money guys who can make things happen if/when needed.
Lol

ADVERTISEMENT