ADVERTISEMENT

Savage. Banker fired over...

Exactly the personal stuff will play out, which I don't care about that. Strengthen the program which I know we did is what I care about.

Reactions: Doniphan89
I'm actually kind of impressed with the way Banker is taking this. Sure he's dissappointed that it wasn't face to face but he never said he didn't deserve it or any other crap about Mike or Nebraska. He took responsibility for not getting enough done.

MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT. THIS IS BUSINESS.
The Ax Falls On Riley.
There is a lot of money involved here and There is always two sides to every story.
I don't understand why we need to make this a story at all.
Got A DC. Move On.
Let's Get This Class Together Now.
Exactly the personal stuff will play out, which I don't care about that. Strengthen the program which I know we did is what I care about.

The program is more important than the parts that make up the program. I got it!

I have seen a few people say it's a big boy move. We'll see starting in less than 8 months. If recruiting fizzles out any further, the same people will make excuses about staff changes. A real big boy would've started out with a better staff to begin with.

We're going into year 3 now, a real big boy with Riley's experience doesn't need this much time to figure it out. He just wasted time that he doesn't have. I back him because he finally made the moves that we all saw in the first year. Shit, I didn't like his defensive staff before the games were played that first year.

Had Riley waited to do this in person, and that time cost us the Diaco hire, this place would be in full meltdown. And the local rags at the OWH would've feasted on Riley.

Bauce move!

I don't understand what you mean.

It's pretty obvious

I would agree but do you like the change at DC or not. Stats change with new pesonnel, don't you agree?

IF the guy you're firing is headed to see a recruit, I'm not sure it could have happened any other way. One of my favorite sayings is that "life is all about timing". Timing necessitated Riley doing it over the phone IF that is what happened. The decision was made and Banker was on the way to see an important recruit. Wasn't there an NU coach a while back that found out he had been canned over the phone while visiting a recruit?

the phone by Riley while Banker was at Denver airport headed to Tulsa to recruit.

Yes it's better to do it in person but they had to get things rolling on the next DC.... plus Banker has made a lot of money riding Riley around town. Like Pelini and Read, we'll see how he is regarded with his next gig (if there is one) if he is at Montana State or UTPB you know his value.....

Let's see how many mouth breathers come in this thread and admit they were wrong about this being a "2-year mutual plan". I absolutely love that Banker reached out to McKewon. And I double that love to McKewon ran with it without reaching out to Riley.

Two sides to every story, and I'm certain McKewon ran something that doesn't explain the entire situation.

With that said, there was no time to do it face to face. Banker was in Oregon, sitting in the Denver airport and we had to act extremely fast to assure the Diaco hire. There wasn't any time to wait a couple hours for Banker to fly back to Lincoln, but I guess Riley could've flown to Denver to fire him (tin foil).

Big boy moves don't worry about feelings.
The local media appears to be crapping all over the hire with story about the firing. Making it seem as though Riley has some massive character flaw here for letting him go and his methodology for doing so. It makes no sense, these guys carried water for the last guy who was a walking character flaw and never took him to task and they crap all over the guy who actually makes their life easy and treats them respect. I guess Cletus gonna do Cletus.

The local media appears to be crapping all over the hire with story about the firing. Making it seem as though Riley has some massive character flaw here for letting him go and his methodology for doing so. It makes no sense, these guys carried water for the last guy who was a walking character flaw and never took him to task and they crap all over the guy who actually makes their life easy and treats them respect. I guess Cletus gonna do Cletus.

Damn. Kellyanne would be impressed by this post.

I've always thought people get way too caught up in "how" a firing is done. There is no easy way to fire anybody. At least Riley did it personally and didn't have Banker find out through the media.

They will still be friends
As Banker has already said, I didn't get enough done. He'll get over it. Banker complaining about the way he was fired is just Banker being Banker. He routinely let profanities slip in media interviews not because he was angry but because he just says what comes to mind. No filter. I like the guy, but his defenses could have been better.

Reactions: HUSK4EVER
The local media appears to be crapping all over the hire with story about the firing.

NU athletic department sends out notification that Bruce Read has been left go.

HuskerOnline (Nate Clouse) breaks Donte Williams is hired.

NU athletic department sends out notification to all media members that Banker has been let go and Stewart took the DC job at Rice.

Husker Online (Sean Callahan) breaks that Bob Diaco is a leading candidate and in Lincoln.

Lincoln Journal Star (Brian Christopherson) confirms Bob Diaco hire.

Omaha World Herald is getting out scooped.

Most of the ones bitching about Riley handling this inappropriately are the ones bitching about Banker in the first place and stating Riley would never get rid of buddies I bet....
It's the same tired Pelini supporters. I suspect in some twisted way somehow they think they are being loyal to Frank or Tom.

Reactions: Mr.Scary13
No it doesn't. Riley took the easy way out by not telling him face to face.

I think it does. If they are friends, Banker will understand.
So you just go ahead and think it was the easy way for Riley, but I don't think it was.

Again I ask, nobody has answered yet, did we upgrade the DC position? If the answer is yes, who really gives a damn how Banker was fired. It happens in all business, I have had to fire 150 people in 3 months, it sucks, but had to be done.

When a HC is on the hotseat himself, friendships do not matter. It's every man for himself.

A year from now... the AD will fire Riley the same way.:p
Why don't you take your boyfriend Morgan747 and run on back to the Hawkeye board.Winking

Reactions: SOHusker11
Again I ask, nobody has answered yet, did we upgrade the DC position? If the answer is yes, who really gives a damn how Banker was fired. It happens in all business, I have had to fire 150 people in 3 months, it sucks, but had to be done.
Hard to know. I'm waiting to see the product on the field.

NU athletic department sends out notification that Bruce Read has been left go.

Husker Online (Sean Callahan) breaks that Bob Diaco is a leading candidate and in Lincoln.
Lincoln Journal Star (Brian Christopherson) confirms Bob Diaco hire.
Omaha World Herald is getting out scooped.

It's time to find a replacement for Josh Banderas.

So you're not denying that you're his boyfriend or that you're a Hawkeye fan. Just as I thought. Your trolling is getting really old.
No you're making stupid comments and pointed one at me so I told you to stfu. If you don't agree with what I say, move on. It's not trolling dingleberry just pointing some things out.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT