ADVERTISEMENT

Savage. Banker fired over...

Yikes. Ok. Thanks for the clarification

"That's just disappointing, that it'd be a phone call and not face-to-face," Banker said. "That's a weird way to approach things. And you can say that it's hard, but if it's hard on him then it's hard on my end. But that's what you got to do, do it (face-to-face). Be grown men about it. It's a communication thing. Let's just be good communicators."

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
"That's just disappointing, that it'd be a phone call and not face-to-face," Banker said. "That's a weird way to approach things. And you can say that it's hard, but if it's hard on him then it's hard on my end. But that's what you got to do, do it (face-to-face). Be grown men about it. It's a communication thing. Let's just be good communicators."
Who is the "him" in the"if it's hard on him" part? Eichorst or Riley? I assume Riley.

Suppose he could've gone contemporary, and broke it off via text or facebook.

Reactions: jimbosc
^ Yep! Never know whats going on. Its possible that Riley wasn't able to control Banker.
Maybe Mike told him not to go.
Heck, It could have been something where if Mike would have waited, then he wasn't telling a friend as soon as he could have.
Ya just never know.
No need to speculate on all the details. Thats between them two.
Let us fans stay focused on what we should be focused on. Finding out about the new guy and hoping for success.

Nobody likes getting fired and he's probably all pissed off, but the fact that they are friends makes the way it was handled easier to understand.

I have fired many friends and it is never easy, f2f or over phone neither is fun. Still friends with each and it isn't discussed. Sure Banker was not happy, none are. If you bring someone in I always tell them up front, if it is not working I have a job to do, they respect that.

Reactions: headcard
Nobody likes getting fired and he's probably all pissed off, but the fact that they are friends makes the way it was handled easier to understand.

No it doesn't. Riley took the easy way out by not telling him face to face.

Agent: Shawn, Diaco is shopping for a DC job, any interest? Need to move fast, he has an interview with the pigs.
SE: Definitely, let me get back to you.
SE: Billy, tell Mike that Diaco is available and it would be in his best interest to make it happen.
BD: Mike, shit-can Banker ASAP, we have a shot at Bob Diaco.
MR: Wow, that came out of nowhere, can't I think about it?
BD: Nope, get on the horn now. He as an interview with the head pig himself on Thursday. Says he hates that pig-sooie thing as much as Altman but will take the job if nothing else pops up.
MR: Mark, can you hear me okay, sounds like you are in an airport. Yeah, real sorry man, but the AD's office is looking for an upgrade. Good luck!

Reactions: dinglefritz
Let's see how many mouth breathers come in this thread and admit they were wrong about this being a "2-year mutual plan". I absolutely love that Banker reached out to McKewon. And I double that love to McKewon ran with it without reaching out to Riley.

Two sides to every story, and I'm certain McKewon ran something that doesn't explain the entire situation.

With that said, there was no time to do it face to face. Banker was in Oregon, sitting in the Denver airport and we had to act extremely fast to assure the Diaco hire. There wasn't any time to wait a couple hours for Banker to fly back to Lincoln, but I guess Riley could've flown to Denver to fire him (tin foil).

Big boy moves don't worry about feelings.

MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT. THIS IS BUSINESS.
The Ax Falls On Riley.
There is a lot of money involved here and There is always two sides to every story.
I don't understand why we need to make this a story at all.
Got A DC. Move On.
Let's Get This Class Together Now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT