ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday: Nebraska vs. Penn State (Huskers win 21-3) - Big Ten Champs!

Just listening to the PSU PA announcer in the background, I imagine he goes home and drinks a lot to hide the pain of screaming that loud to fire up 5 people.
Did you hear the crowd reaction to the ceremonial first pitch? Must have been pretty bad.

Reactions: HuskersNC
Top 1st

Leadoff walk for Meyers. Altavilla gets on with a HBP. Schreiber walks the bases loaded. All runners advance and Meyers scores on a WP!!! Miller with a 2 RBI double off the RF wall!!! Alvarado grounds out to SS but Miller advances to 3rd on the play. Roskam with an RBI 4-3 groundout to 2nd! Wilkening Gets on with a HBP right in the back of the head. Schlepp is also HBP and finally PSU makes a call to the bullpen. Mojo with an RBI single through the right side!!! Schlepp heads to 3rd and Mojo takes 2nd on the throw to the plate! Meyers walks again to load the bases. Altavilla with a 2 RBI ground ruled double to CF!!! Schreiber grounds out to SS to finally end the damage.

Reactions: saluno22
Penn State's 14 fans right now
293344f48efe539b968f7883b2585494bf7426c9d092c7af894a1efd0b14aba4.jpg

Reactions: k9_r and saluno22
That was a great start to the game, now hopefully they can relax and bring home a title.

Bottom 1st

Meyers on the mound finally to start it off for Nebraska with a 7 run cushion and he delivers a 1-2-3 inning.

Nice to see them add to the lead. Meyer's 3rd at bat and it is still 2nd inning that does not happen too often.

Top 2nd

Leadoff single through the right side for Miller. Alvarado with an infield single to SS, Miller moves to 2nd. Roskam singles to CF to load the bases! Wilkening gets hot again for an RBI HBP to keep the bases loaded. Schlepp hits into a 6-4-3 DP but Luis does score from 3rd on the play and Roskam moves to 3rd. Mojo slaps an RBI single up the middle!!! Meyers flies out to CF.

Top 3rd

Schreiber with a one out 2 base error on a dropped ball by RF (E9). Miller Ks and heads to first on the dropped pitch by the catcher, as he is being thrown out at 1st to finish the K Schreiber takes 3rd. Alvarado flies out to LF.

Meyer's is pretty locked in out on the mound, hopefully he can keep it up.

Top 5th

One out E6 helps Altavilla get to 1st. Schreiber with an RBI triple to right centerfield!!! Miller with an RBI groundout to SS! Alvarado out to endthe frame.

Can PSU just duct tape one of their jerseys on a stick and wave it around now? This has exceeded the threshold of pointlessness and ventured into cruel and unusual punishment territory. I do not want the Geneva Convention shutting our program down.

Reactions: saluno22
We haven't scored in a few innings. What's the deal?
There you go.

Really enjoying this. Winning this game in the 1st inning removes all drama and we cruise to the title with easy smiles on our faces.

Do we act like we been there?

Top 6th

One out E8 allows Wilkening to take 1st and then 2nd. WP moves Wilkening to 3rd. Schlepp walks to put runners on the corners. Mojo with an RBI single up the middle!!! Meyers walks to load the bases. Altavilla with a 2 RBI single through the left side!!! Runners on 1st and 2nd and PSU makes a pitching change. WP moves the runners to 2nd and 3rd! 2 RBI single up the middle for Schreiber!!! Miller with a single to RF! WP moves the runners to 2nd and 3rd! Alvarado walks on a WP and Schreiber tries to take home but the ball hits the backstop perfectly so he is tagged out at home. Roskam walks the bases loaded again. Wilkening flies out to CF to end the frame.

OK I feel like I need to go buy one of those rompers after watching that mario race 3 times this week. My goodness that could be the weirdest thing I have ever seen. The announcer reminds me of Bob Uecker in Major League. Poor fella.

OK I feel like I need to go buy one of those rompers after watching that mario race 3 times this week. My goodness that could be the weirdest thing I have ever seen. The announcer reminds me of Bob Uecker in Major League. Poor fella.
"And if you're looking for a good proctologist, you might want to check out the 385 sign."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT