ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday: Nebraska vs. Maryland (Huskers lose 8-5)

Thanks BTN for being late with the broadcast. Didn't want to see the beginning anyway.

Top 1st

Burkamper on the bump. Back to back singles to start it off for Maryland. Pop out to shallow RF. RBI single, runners on 1st and 2nd. Walk loads the bases. 4-6-3 DP ends the threat.

Bottom 1st

Two out single for Meyers. Schreiber grounds out to end the inning.

Bottom 2nd

Leadoff walk for Miller. Alvarado is HBP. Roskam grounds Miller out at 3rd, safe at 1st on a FC. Schlepp walks the bases loaded. After a great at bat Childs walks in a run! Mojo with an RBI single to RF!!! Bases still loaded. Pitching change for Maryland. Altavilla with an RBI HBP. Meyers and Schreiber K to end the threat.

Reactions: saluno22
Bottom 3rd

Leadoff single to CF for Miller. Alvarado flies out to RF. Roskam with a double to Right Center to put runners on 2nd and 3rd. Schlepp pops out to 3rd. Childs flies out to LF.

Top 4th

Leadoff "HBP" for Maryland. Wild throw on the pickoff attempt moves the runner to 3rd. Walk puts runners on the corners. Matt Waldron now in to pitch and he walks the bases full. An attempted Suicide squeeze (WTf?) fails and the lead runner is out. The runners do move from 2nd and 3rd. The next batter Ks (Bad at bat for that poor kid). But, a 2 RBI single does bail out the previous batter. The next batter Ks to end the frame.

Top 5th

Leadoff single for Maryland. Next batter Ks. Fly out to CF. next batter pops out to 1st.

Bottom 5th

One out double to right center for Miller! Alvarado lines it to CF to put runners on the corners! Roskam with an RBI groundout to 1st, Alvarado advances to 2nd. Schlepp is intentionally walked. Childs grounds out to 1st.

Bottom 5th

One out double to right center for Miller! Alvarado lines it to CF to put runners on the corners! Roskam with an RBI groundout to 1st, Alvarado advances to 2nd. Schlepp is intentionally walked. Childs grounds out to 1st.
Wasn't paying attention to the lineup and was curious about the Schleppenbach intentional walk. Makes sense, unfortunately, with Childs behind him.

The top of our order needs to step up.

Reactions: donahues17
Top 6th

One out single up the middle for Maryland. Next batter flies out to CF. runner steals 2nd and advances to 3rd on the E2. Groundout to the pitcher ends the frame.

Wasn't paying attention to the lineup and was curious about the Schleppenbach intentional walk. Makes sense, unfortunately, with Childs behind him.

The top of our order needs to step up.
My guess is his average in conference play. Not sure what it's been but the fact that he's up to 230 already compared to how low he was a few weeks ago.

Bottom 6th

2 out walk for Meyers. Schreiber Ks. He's looked bad all Series for some reason.

Schreiber just looks like he dont want to be at the plate. Wonder how much of a toll it took on him to snap his 19 game in base streak. He does not look comfortable up there.

Top 7th

E6 puts a runner on 1st with 2 outs. Single over SS puts runners on 1st and 2nd. RBI single to RF, runners on 1st and 2nd. Robbie Palkert now in to pitch. Line out that was snagged by Alvarado near th fence in LF.

Wonder about his injury situation too. They pulled him in a tied game against Omaha early in the week.
Forgot about him being taken out of the game after going 2-2 at the plate. Maybe some midweek rest is in order against KSU next week.

Bottom 7th

New pitcher for Maryland. Hopefully that helps? Miller with yet another leadoff single. Alvarado lines out to 2nd and Miller is caught of 1st. Bad luck 4-3 DP. Roskam grounds out to 2nd.

Last night it was Maryland with a late game charge. Lets hope we have it today. I do wish it would hurry though, I have to fix the mower today still.

Bottom 8th

Schlepp Ks. Repinski now in to pinch hit. Pitching change for Maryland. Selmer is their pitcher and he is 6'8" 220 lbs. Repinski with a hard line drive but it was caught in deep CF on the warning track. Mojo Ks.

Top 9th

Wilkening now in to catch. One out 4 pitch walk for Maryland. Groundout to 3rd to get the lead runner, batter makes it to 1st on the FC. Infield single puts runners on 1st and 2nd. A walk loads the bases. 2 RBI single up the middle puts runners on corners. RBI double to left center but a runner is thrown out at the plate to end the threat and stop the bleeding.

Top 9th

Wilkening now in to catch. One out 4 pitch walk for Maryland. Groundout to 3rd to get the lead runner, batter makes it to 1st on the FC. Infield single puts runners on 1st and 2nd. A walk loads the bases. 2 RBI single up the middle puts runners on corners. RBI double to left center but a runner is thrown out at the plate to end the threat and stop the bleeding.
I'm confused, is the rest of the bullpen suspended for today's game? Why leave palkert out there when he was obviously struggling???? perplexing to say the least.

Bottom 9th

Leadoff single for Altavilla. Meyers lines out to SS. Schreiber is HBP. Miller gets on with an E6, Altavilla scores , Schreiber moves to 2nd. Hendwood in to pinc run. 5-3 DP ends the game.

Disappointing now after we scored that 5th run in the bottom of the 9th that we couldn't keep Maryland at 5 runs in the top of the 9th. Had chances to get more runs too-not getting more in the 2nd when we had bases loaded and 1 out was costly.

Can't win them all I guess. If we win tomorrow then it will be a good series. Was just hoping to take the series today so tomorrow was more so icing on the cake. But I'll take a series win. Maryland doesn't hit lefties as well so that helps us tomorrow if Meyers is on point.

I'm confused, is the rest of the bullpen suspended for today's game? Why leave palkert out there when he was obviously struggling???? perplexing to say the least.

Sometimes it seems like Erstad is like, screw it we are saving the remaining pitchers for tomorrow and we will just see how this game goes. There was no life ir couldnt get anything strung together.

Sometimes it seems like Erstad is like, screw it we are saving the remaining pitchers for tomorrow and we will just see how this game goes. There was no life ir couldnt get anything strung together.
I will say in his defense we had 2 outs before they even go their first guy on base that inning. Then the floodgates opened. I'm a fan of always having someone ready but it appears they don't like that style so we will see this from time to which somewhat stinks. Truthfully, with the way the top of our lineup is hitting we were lucky to even be in this game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT