ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday: Nebraska vs. Illinois (Huskers win 9-8)

Top 1st

Missed the 1st inning but Illinois had 3 hits, a run, and hit into a DP to end the frame.

Bottom 1st

Placzek with a one out walk but Miller hits into an inning ending DP

Top 2nd

Great play by Placzek for out #1. Single past 2nd. Pop out to 2nd. K to end the frame!

Bottom 2nd

Meyers with a one out infield single. Alvarado safe on a fielders choice as Meyers is out at 2nd. Fish grounds out to 2nd

Top 3rd

Alvarado with a great snag of a line drive for out #1. Ground out to pitcher. Rev with an E6. Ground out to SS.

Top 4th

Leadoff walk followed by another walk. Fly out to deep RF and the runner tags and heads to 3rd. McSteen K's the next batter. Next batter is HBP to load the bases. Groundout to 3rd to end the threat.

Bottom 4th

Placzek with a leadoff double to LF! Miller pops out to LF. Schreiber pops up to 2nd. Meyers with an RBI double!!! Alvarado grounds out to SS to end the inning.

Top 5th

One out walk followed by a single to left. Base clearing triple to Right center, 2 runs score. Sac fly to CF. E5 allows the runner to get to 1st and take 2nd. McSteen's day is now done as Howell comes in to pitch. Infield single but a nice play by Rev saves a run, runners on the corners. Pop fly to left ends the threat.

Bottom 5th

Leadoff walk for Fish. Klemke grounds out to SS but Fish advances to 2nd. Rev grounds out to 3rd, Fish advances to 3rd. Boldt grounds out to 2nd to end the inning.

Top 6th

Leadoff bloop single to RF. Next batter walks on four pitches. Fly out to RF and runner tags to put them at the corners. Pop out to 2nd. The runner steals 2nd. Howell walks the next batter to loads the bases. King now in to relieve Howell. Base clearing double to bring 3 more runners in. Ground out to SS to end the frame.

Bottom 6th

Placzek with a leadoff walk (has an OBP over .500 at this point). Miller pops out to 3rd. Schreiber singles to CF. Meyers with an RBI single up the middle to put runners on 1st and 2nd!!! Alvarado grounds out to 3rd but the runners advance a bag, 2 outs. Fish grounds out to SS.

Bottom 7th

Pop up single for Rev, misjudged by the 2nd baseman. Boldt. With a double down the RF line to put runners on 2nd and 3rd. Placzek with a sac fly to LF, Boldt stays at 2nd. Miller with an RBI single to CF!!! Schreiber flies out to LF

Top 8th

1-2-3 inning for King, Boldt makes a great play at the fence to save a potential triple.

Bottom 8th

Alvarado with a one out blast over the left field wall!!! Fish with a single to CF followed by a single by Klemke to RF! Rev with a single to CF to load the bases! Boldt with an RBI single to LF!!! Bases still loaded. Placzek pops out to 2nd for out #2. Relief pitcher now in the game. Miller with a 2 RBI single up the middle to put runners at the corners!!! Schreiber with the best RBI single ever (I can't explain it). Meyers pops up to SS to end the inning.

Top 9th

Luensmann in to close it up for the Huskers. Leadoff walk. Two wild pitches get him to 3rd. Next batter walks. Sac bunt moves the runner to 2nd. Sac fly to LF scores a runner. Ground out to 2nd to end the game!

Reactions: saluno22
Had to go play catch with my little guy...time well spent, but I missed the epic comeback!

Great win, now take care of business on Sunday and keep the momentum going.

HuskerJag FTW.

Epic comeback indeed. I love this team. Love it even more without the walks tho.
Yes. Nice to have a shot at the series win tomorrow, but 22 free passes in two games is brutal. Need to find the strike zone tomorrow.

Had to go play catch with my little guy...time well spent, but I missed the epic comeback!

Great win, now take care of business on Sunday and keep the momentum going.

Just so you know I liked your "epic comeback" prediction when we were still down 7-2!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT