ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday, May 8th: Nebraska vs. Indiana - (Huskers win 7-6)

We can’t catch a break when it comes this this F’ing conference.

Povich being taken out because of a damn rain delay..

Reactions: Can o' corn
Top 5th

Koty Frank in to pitch and gives up a couple Leadoff walks.
An attempted SAC bunt fails as the lead runner is thrown out at 3rd.
Frank then walks the bases loaded.
SAC fly does score a run.
A three run homer gives Indiana a 5-4 lead.
Safe to say that weather delay hurt big time.
Groundout to SS ends the top half.

Bottom 5th

1-2-3 for the Huskers. One out being a robbed Roskam homerun.

5-4 Indiana

Luke just got robbed. Great play by CF. The f-ing rain delay has completely changed this game.

Hopefully Bunz will be back to normal.

Top 6th

Jake Bunz now in to pitch for Nebraska as he gives up a 2 out walk otherwise nothing much.

Bottom 6th

1-2-3 again for Nebraska

Maybe someone smarter than me can explain why Frank was left in when was obviously struggling.

Top 7th

Bunz works a 1-2-3 top half.

Bottom 7th

Leadoff walk for Acker.
Hallmark bunts a single down the 1st base line but a throwing error advances both runners to 2nd and 3rd.
Schwellenbach with an RBI single to tie up the game!!!
Schwellenbach steals 2nd.
Chick K’s
Anderson with an RBI groundout to 3rd after a long battle at the plate. Schwellenbach advances to 3rd on the play.
Roskam grounds out.

6-5 Huskers

Reactions: Can o' corn
Top 8th

One out walk for Indiana followed by a groundout to get the lead runner at 2nd.
Schwellenbach now in to pitch and he gives up a two out double to put runners on 2nd and 3rd.
A walk loads the bases and another walk ties the game.
Groundout ends the threat.

Bottom 8th

Nebraska gets a walk otherwise not much.

6-6

Top 9th

1-2-3 for Schwellenbach!

Bottom 9th

One out walk for Schwellenbach.
Chick with an infield single to 3rd and because Schwellenbach was off with the pitch he was able to go 1st to 3rd!
Gunner now in to pinch hit and he drills a walk off single through the right side to win the game 7-6!!!

Rain benefited Indiana or Povich finishes them off. Dude was dealing. Tough outing for Koty, he's been extremely good for us of late. Bunz is Bunz and I hope Schwelly doesn't throw another inning this weekend. He needs a break, and I wouldn't be surprised if we DH him one game Sunday. I hope someone talks to him about his body language on the bump, it's bad.

Gunner Hellstrom, good for him. Less than 10 plate appearances all year and he continues to work. Couldn't of happened to a better person! I believe his family is still overseas and he hasn't seen them in a long time. I could be wrong but if so, it's something close to that.

Rain benefited Indiana or Povich finishes them off. Dude was dealing.
100%. Compounded by the fact that maybe we could have saved Bunz a little more, he's probably not available for the rest of the weekend or Monday at best.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT