ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday, May 22nd: Nebraska vs. Ohio State - (Huskers win 11-9)

Top 1st

A Leadoff throwing error from OSU’s 2nd baseman puts Acker on.
Hallmark fails to lay down the bunt and ultimately strikes out.
Schwellenbach with a single to LF
Roskam K’s
Anderson grounds into a FC to 3rd as the 3rd baseman went to tag the runner and missed the tag to load the bases.
Banjoff K’s

Bottom 1st

Shay Schanaman on the bump for game two as he sets the first down in order before giving up a 2 out Sine to CF.
The next batter drills a 2 run homerun to give OSU a 2-0 lead.
The next batter grounds out to SS

2-0 OSU

I'd assume finals are over thus no students on campus to do the broadcast? Not sure why they don't just sync a radio crew like they have done in Lincoln recently.
They could at least turn on the crowd mic. And the next game will probably have announcers. B1G messes most everything up.

Reactions: HuskersNC
Top 2nd

Chick works a leadoff walk on a full count ball four.
Matthews flies out to RF but Chick tags and heads to 2nd on the play.
Everitt also walks on a full count.
Acker grounds Chick out at 3rd but is safe on the FC. An E5 throwing error to 1st scores Everitt and moves Acker to 3rd.
Hallmark flies out to the warning track to end the top half.

Bottom 2nd

After striking out the first two batters Shay gives up a a walk and a single to put runners on 1st and 2nd but a groundout ends the inning and the 2 out threat.

2-1 OSU

Download the Huskers app and sync up the broadcast. There's a pause button on the app to do so. The video is right at 1-2 pitches ahead of the app audio.

With that said, what an embarrassment this conference continues to make of itself. I've watched better feeds off an iPhone4 on FB from a dad 3 sheets to the wind.

Top 3rd

Anderson with a two out walk and Banjoff is HBP to put runners on 1st and 2nd.
Chick K’s

Bottom 3rd

Leadoff walk and a single to LF puts runners on 1st and 2nd.
A 4-6-3 double play and a K gets Shay out of the 3rd

2-1 OSU

Top 4th

1-2-3 inning for Nebraska

Bottom 4th

1-2-3 for Shay on 5 pitches

2-1 OSU

Thanks. I can listen on TuneIn but I can't sync it up. My wife emailed BTN a couple of times but they haven't had the courtesy to reply.

Yeah the Legion team in Evanston, Wyoming streams their games and it's better than this...

Top 5th

Hallmark with a solo shot!
Schwellenbach K’s
Roskam K’s
Anderson flies out to end the top half.

Bottom 5th

Leadoff single for Ohio State followed by a double down the LF line to put runners on 2nd and 3rd.
An E5 fielding error on Anderson scores a run and puts runners on 1st and 2nd.
A line drive RBI single puts runners on the corners.
The next batter K’s
A SAC fly scores another run.
Pop up ends the inning and stops the bleeding.

5-2 OSU

I think they just set an Iphone up in the press box and let it record. Nice job Indiana

The B1G finally gave a canned reply to my wife. They're sorry that she's having "issues" with the broadcast. I shudder to think of the reply they're going to get from her. 🤣

5 LOB in the first 3 innings have come back to bite us in the rear. Flag has been waved, on to Indiana at 5:30.

Last edited:
Top 6th

Banjoff with a leadoff walk and advances to 2nd on a WP.
Chick K’s
Matthews K’s
Everitt with a flare out to end the top half

Bottom 6th

Shay gives up a one out single to CF.
Another single puts runners on 1st and 3rd.
Ethan Bradford now in to relive Shay.
A SAC fly to RF scores another. Could of been worse as Acker jumped up and snagged the ball at the top of the wall.
Bradford walks the next two batters to load the bases.
The next batter walks which scores another run.
An E6 fielding error from Schwellenbach scores a couple more runs and ends the day for Bradford as Quinn Mason comes into pitch.
A pop out to the catcher ends the inning.

9-2 OSU

Nope. There is a camera operator. How do I know? Because I can see his reflection in the press box window. The camera is behind glass. At least I didn’t pay anything for this. Oh, wait. I did.
Yeah, I refuse to purchase BTN Plus. Quality sucks and I despise the fact we have to pay for anything with our own network.

Shocking that a pay service would have no set standards across all institutions. "All you've got is a standard def camera from the mid-90s? F*** it, good enough."

Reactions: Can o' corn
Hope Hroch has good stuff tonight it’s more important than this first game against tOSU need to recover from this game if we can’t come back..

Shocking that a pay service would have no set standards across all institutions. "All you've got is a standard def camera from the mid-90s? F*** it, good enough."
During the PSU series there were times you couldn't even see anything but the feet of the infielders. Today is bad, but definitely not the worst. BTN+ is a joke, but it's the only way we can see Nebraska baseball.

As much as I hate Texas I sure wish we were still in the Big 12...

Austin should have drilled the runner in the back since he wasn't in the running lane. That's how you get that call.

Top 7th

one out single for Hallmark.
Schwellenbach singles through the right side to put runners in 1st and 2nd.
Roskam walks the bases loaded. A WP moves the runners and scores another.
Anderson walks the bases loaded yet again.
Banjoff with an RBI HBP.
Ohio State makes a much needed pitching change. A WP scores another run and advances the other to 2nd and 3rd.
Chick with an RBI groundout to 2nd.
Matthews with an RBI single to LF.
Everitt flies out to end the top half.

Bottom 7th

A Leadoff single for Indiana.
Nebraska makes a call to the bullpen and brings in Emmett Olson to replace Mason on the mound.
The next two batters K.
The next guy walks.
An infield single loads the bases.
A groundout to 2nd ends the threat.

9-7 OSU

Reactions: donahues17
Top 8th

Lead off single for Acker.
Hallmark K’s
Schwellenbach with a single to LF and an E7 fielding error allows both runners to advance to 2nd and 3rd.
Roskam walks the bases loaded.
Anderson pops up for the 2nd out.
Banjoff K’s

Bottom 8th

Olson works a 1-2-3 8th

9-7 OSU

Top 9th

Leadoff walk for Chick.
Matthews K’s
Everitt with a 2 RBI homer to LF to tie the game at 9-9!!!
Acker with a single to LF and an E7 fielder error allows Acker to reach 2nd.
Pitching change for OSU as they bring in their closer to try and shit things down.
Hallmark with an RBI triple to give the Huskers the 10-9 lead!!!
Schwellenbach with an RBI single to RF!!!
Schwellenbach then steals 2nd.
Roskam K’s
A balk sends Schwellenbach to 3rd
Anderson K’s

Bottom 9th

Schwellenbach comes in to pitch a 1-2-3 to record the save and give the Huskers the 11-9 win!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT