ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday, May 21st Nebraska vs Michigan State (Huskers win 10-9)

I can’t see why either team would have any interest wanting to play this game knowing that no Nebraska in Omaha works for everyone not having them in the tournament..

I can’t see why either team would have any interest wanting to play this game knowing that no Nebraska in Omaha works for everyone not having them in the tournament..
I’m assuming the Big Ten conference officially calls games with help from the umps? Never actually knew how games were decided other than the bald and white rules on temperature.

Reactions: scarletred
According to Kugler Maryland is cleaning out their dugout so the season for us is over after this one regardless.

To be fair we had plenty of opportunities to get in and didn’t take advantage of them. However, it would feel somewhat bizarre to have a team qualify that way.

I don't disagree that we had ample opportunities BUT, there's no way Purdue should be allowed to manipulate the schedule like this.

To be fair we had plenty of opportunities to get in and didn’t take advantage of them. However, it would feel somewhat bizarre to have a team qualify that way.

To be fair, we've played all 24 games.

To be fair, we waited 6+ hours to finish an inning that ended up costing us a trip to Omaha.

To be fair, Purdue did absolutely nothing to play 3 conference games.

To be fair, Purdue absolutely dodged today's game without consequences.

To be fair, the winner of the Sparty/Huskers game earned a spot in the B1G tournament.
Yes, this season has sucked - but it doesn't take away the fact 2 teams currently playing have played their full conference schedule & earned the trip next week.

Exactly.
Exactly. Purdue is benefitting by playing games with the weather. It's bush league.
All coming from a program that is too scared to even play competitive baseball. They should focus on their imaginary fall season.

To be fair, we've played all 24 games.

To be fair, we waited 6+ hours to finish an inning that ended up costing us a trip to Omaha.

To be fair, Purdue did absolutely nothing to play 3 conference games.

To be fair, Purdue absolutely dodged today's game without consequences.

To be fair, the winner of the Sparty/Huskers game earned a spot in the B1G tournament.
Yes, this season has sucked - but it doesn't take away the fact 2 teams currently playing have played their full conference schedule & earned the trip next week.
I know you are poking fun at me for my comment but I don’t feel sorry for this team. I do agree the rules and the ability to manipulate them could be looked into as they should of played a double header yesterday.

Is there a big NU booster of substance who could buy up 10,000 tickets for Purdue's opener in Omaha? Then fans get a free ticket on the condition that they boo Purdue unmercifully for all 9 innings.

Could even throw in a free hot dog for creative heckling.

Is there a big NU booster of substance who could buy up 10,000 tickets for Purdue's opener in Omaha? Then fans get a free ticket on the condition that they boo Purdue unmercifully for all 9 innings.

I'm hoping Purdue's coach gets booed into oblivion every single time he sets foot on the field in Omaha.

Reactions: Reditus
I know you are poking fun at me for my comment but I don’t feel sorry for this team. I do agree the rules and the ability to manipulate them could be looked into as they should of played a double header yesterday.

You're a good sport. We're on the same page, but I'm not willing to throw salt on the wound. As we're seeing this weekend, and the last few weeks, we don't have the pitching to go further than 3 games. Unless we got a CG from someone then we could maybe go 4 games. Regardless, our guys played a 24-game schedule while another team played 21.

The rules weren't manipulated though. Purdue submitted to the conference on Friday that there's a window of opportunity to play the game tomorrow (as in today, Saturday) as their reasoning for not playing 2 games Friday. Kevin Warren is a gutless bitch for not sending a message to all B1G baseball teams & athletic departments.

I'll be there and my pacemaker may need an extra metal battery.

You're a good sport. We're on the same page, but I'm not willing to throw salt on the wound. As we're seeing this weekend, and the last few weeks, we don't have the pitching to go further than 3 games. Unless we got a CG from someone then we could maybe go 4 games. Regardless, our guys played a 24-game schedule while another team played 21.

The rules weren't manipulated though. Purdue submitted to the conference on Friday that there's a window of opportunity to play the game tomorrow (as in today, Saturday) as their reasoning for not playing 2 games Friday. Kevin Warren is a gutless bitch for not sending a message to all B1G baseball teams & athletic departments.

I'll be there and my pacemaker may need an extra metal battery.
I agree with that. I’d rather see us in even if we go 2 and BBQ. I’m also ready to see the changes Bolt makes in the off-season as they are sorely needed.

I’ll 100% root against Purdue and despise Warren and the The Big Ten’s approach to baseball.

It is a somewhat helpless feeling knowing how it played out today but I remind myself how many opportunities we blew throughout the season. It’s actually amazing we were still even in it up until the last day of the season.

Reactions: Can o' corn
I agree with that. I’d rather see us in even if we go 2 and BBQ. I’m also ready to see the changes Bolt makes in the off-season as they are sorely needed.

I’ll 100% root against Purdue and despise Warren and the The Big Ten’s approach to baseball.

It is a somewhat helpless feeling knowing how it played out today but I remind myself how many opportunities we blew throughout the season. It’s actually amazing we were still even in it up until the last day of the season.

I'm already excited about next season. I can't wait for opening day.

Reactions: RobsterMobster

This is so 2022 Husker baseball
It's a microcosm of our whole season...

Phew. What a frustrating season this has been. The ending of the game seems so appropriate. Pitching getting shelled, an error on the left side of the infield, a wild pitch...

Phew. What a frustrating season this has been. The ending of the game seems so appropriate. Pitching getting shelled, an error on the left side of the infield, a wild pitch...

Except, pitching did its part in 2022, all things considered.

Offense + defense = 💩 of a season.

Reactions: Can o' corn
ADVERTISEMENT