ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday, June 5th: Nebraska at Arkansas - (Huskers lose 5-1)

I thought perhaps we’d get moved to ESPN2 since this game is one of two in the time slot to feature two top 20 teams. Nope. North Carolina vs. Texas Tech got it. Boo!

Last edited:
Central Michigan 8 Michigan 2 Final
Maryland 16 Norfolk St 0 middle of the 8th

Terps have 13 ribbies from 7 home runs, 4 homers in one inning. Adding insult to injury they also brought in a run on a squeeze bunt play.

Reactions: sklarbodds
Read something interesting Thursday, on scouting Arkansas is 2 of their weekend starters on the mound as well as their big gun with a .409 BA are out for the regionals.

Their Friday guy got hurt in the SEC Championship series and the other twisted his knee before the regionals started. Their top hitter has an arm injury

14 seed Florida in a rain delay, bottom of the 7th. No need to come back, trailing So Alabama 19-1. Gators going Two 'n Que in their own regional. S A has 21 hits.

So Alabama scored 10 runs on 10 two out singles in the 6th. Damn, Gators couldn't buy an out.

• Wow
So Alabama scored 10 runs on 10 two out singles in the 6th. Damn, Gators couldn't buy an out.
What’s ironic is the 3rd base umpires somewhat screwed them out of an out by calling time in the middle of the pitchers windup that would of resulted in a groundout.

Northeastern going home
NJIT 3 Northeastern 2

Chick moved into the 6 hole ahead of Matthews. Probably to split up the lefty/righty lineup a tad.

Wicklander has thrown 65 pitches in 3 innings and allowed two bases runners. That’s really hard to do.

The baseball Gods are not on our side right now. 2 foul ball home runs. Two line drive outs. Arky gets two seeing eye singles.

Top of the lineup, have to do something this inning. Even a run would be nice. Of course more is always better.

I have zero complaints about our pitching tonight. Arkansas has hit exactly two balls hard, both by the same guy.

Too many walks, of course, but that has more to do with the jackass calling balls and strikes than the pitching.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
I have zero complaints about our pitching tonight. Arkansas has hit exactly two balls hard, both by the same guy.

Too many walks, of course, but that has more to do with the jackass calling balls and strikes than the pitching.
Agreed. Now we have to face the national pitcher of the year at the plate here on out.

Got a run and made Kopps pitch 19 pitches so I’ll take it. Just have to get a 1-2-3 inning and get another next inning.

Bolt is showing some rookie coach mistakes. Ump behind the plate hasn’t helped but he’s been tight for both teams. As soon as you see trouble you need to get him out of there. Should be a 3-1 game still.

Arkansas has a single—solo—home run, five total hits, 13 men left on base and a 5-1 lead. That’s just wrong.

Bottom line: Arkansas played to the ridiculous strike zone much better than Nebraska did. They deserved to win.

Bottom line: Arkansas played to the ridiculous strike zone much better than Nebraska did. They deserved to win.
True, I just have a sick “we gave it away” type of feeling. Even though in baseball that’s usually the way it works most games.

Well, I’m glad NJIT beat Northeastern so it’s not a rematch tomorrow. They seem scrappy, though, so it will take a solid effort to make it to tomorrow night.

Well, I’m glad NJIT beat Northeastern so it’s not a rematch tomorrow. They seem scrappy, though, so it will take a solid effort to make it to tomorrow night.
It was a tough regional to draw. However, a win tomorrow and Bolt will have matched Erstad’s post season win total already.

We have 5 unused arms left; Perry, Schanaman, Feekin, Bradford & Hallmark. Call me crazy, but I start Bragg against NJIT. He either has it or he doesn't, with a quick leash to Schanaman. Otherwise, I'm riding him as far as possibly - Koty Frank style on Friday night.

The sun will rise Sunday, let's get game one of the day.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT