ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday Game 1: Nebraska vs. Rutgers (Huskers win 8-1)

Bottom 1st

Matt Waldron finally making a start after missing the last few weeks with an injury and he gets a 1-2-3 inning to start the game.

Top 2nd

Wilkening with a two out line drive single to LF. Schlepp flies out to end the inning.

Bottom 2nd

Leadoff hit for Rutgers followed by a 6-4-3 double play. The next batter K's

Bottom 4th

One out HBP for Rutgers and then he is caught stealing. K ends the inning.

Top 5th

Leadoff walk for Alvarado. Wilkening singles past SS, Alvarado moves to 2nd. Schlepp walks the bases loaded (Was trying to SAC bunt but a pitch never got near the plate). Rev with an RBI single up the middle!!! Bases still loaded with no outs. Placzek pops out to SS in shallow left field. Boldt flies out to shallow left field as well and another opportunity blown. Meyers with an RBI single to RF!!! Miller with a 2 RBI single up the middle!!! Runners on the corners, 2 outs. Rutgers makes a pitching change. WP scores Meyers and Miller moves to 2nd. Schreiber singles up the middle and Miller moves to 3rd! Alvarado grounds out to end the inning.

Bottom 5th

One out single for Rutgers. Ground ball gets the lead runner at 2nd, two outs. Waldron then picks off the runner at 1st to end the inning.

Top 5th

Leadoff walk for Alvarado. Wilkening singles past SS, Alvarado moves to 2nd. Schlepp walks the bases loaded (Was trying to SAC bunt but a pitch never got near the plate). Rev with an RBI single up the middle!!! Bases still loaded with no outs. Placzek pops out to SS in shallow left field. Boldt flies out to shallow left field as well and another opportunity blown. Meyers with an RBI single to RF!!! Miller with a 2 RBI single up the middle!!! Runners on the corners, 2 outs. Rutgers makes a pitching change. WP scores Meyers and Miller moves to 2nd. Schreiber singles up the middle and Miller moves to 3rd! Alvarado grounds out to end the inning.
I know what you said about your conversation with the scout, but if boldt doesn't show a pulse soon I'm guessing he is costing himself a ton of money (which he knows, which is likely why he is playing so bad--a vicious cycle)

Top 6th

Schlepp with a one out 4 pitch walk. Rev doubles down the LF line, Schlepp heads to 3rd. Placzek with an RBI single to LF!!! Puts runners on the corners. Boldt with a SAC Fly to LF! Placzek steals 2nd. Meyers grounds out to end the threat.

I know what you said about your conversation with the scout, but if boldt doesn't show a pulse soon I'm guessing he is costing himself a ton of money (which he knows, which is likely why he is playing so bad--a vicious cycle)

I'm sure if he keeps heading that direction it could affect it but who knows. I have a hard time believing he won't figure it out and get back on track. Most scouts are probably assuming the same thing.

Bottom 6th

leadoff single up the middle followed by another single up the middle puts runners on 1st and 2nd, no outs. 5-4-3 double play! A runner does advance to 3rd. RBI Single past 1st gets Rutgers on the board. Ground out to 2nd ends the inning.

Top 7th

1-2-3 inning for the Skers, a couple hard hits but great catches for Rutger fielders.

Bottom 7th

Robbie Palkert now in to pitch for Waldron. Back to back singles for Rutgers. Next batter K's. Next batter flies out to RF. Fly out to CF ends the inning.

Top 8th

Wilkening with a leadoff walk. Schlepp flies out to LF. Rev K's. Wilkening steals 2nd for his 1st steal of the year on just as many attempts. Placzek lines an RBI double into LF!!! Boldt flies out to LF.

Bottom 8th

One out single up the middle. Next batter K's. Next batter flies out to end the inning.

Bottom 9th

Leadoff single for Rutgers. Next batter K's Next batter singles to CF. Next batter grounds out but advances the runners to 2nd and 3rd. Groundout out to 2nd ends the game and gives the Huskers thew W.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT