ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday April 3rd: Nebraska at Illinois - (Huskers lose 10-8)

I’ll be out of service most of the day. So if anyone wants to throw updates in the thread feel free, otherwise I’ll update what I can. GBR!

So Maryland (trailing NW 0-2, bottom of the 2nd) had one on, one out. Batter pops up foul to the right. 2nd baseman runs it down near the seats past 1st. Catches the ball then throws back to 1st picking off the runner. Double play ends the inning.

I mean, if this is the way Terp players handle their on base duties how do they ever win a game? This all happened in plain view of the runner maybe 40 - 50 feet away from him. Jeez Louise.

Reactions: saluno22
Indiana has lost their 3 straight conference game and is trailing again in the second game today against bucknuts..

Reactions: HuskersNC
IL leads 7-6 after 5. This team refuses to give up, and battles every inning. Fun team to watch.

Need a very strong outing out of Schanaman Sunday, our bullpen is limping heading in to game 3. 5 from Shay should get us the win, anything less & we better pray for a slugfest win.

Pretty impressed with Illinois approach this weekend, extremely aggressive early on and continually applying pressure. We need to find a place for Chick, he's by far our weakest defender (Max not far behind) but we can't afford not to have that stick (or Max's) in the line-up. I still think it's LF as he's been solid so far this year in that spot. He killed us today, after we made pitches.

Really think we missed an opportunity late when Illinois brought in a LHP to face Roskum. Ya, Luke has been hot but baseball is a game of averages. We had our full bench available to insert a RHH to force Illinois to make a decision; face a RHH or make a switch which would've allowed us to get deeper in to their bullpen.

7 straight was fun & can't be overlooked, Sunday is a new day.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobsterMobster
ADVERTISEMENT