ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield's Offense is 0-6 vs the B1G

3rd straight week looking shaky, this time against the worst run D in P4

No coincidence

We have to run the ball first. Somehow, some way. Otherwise we will continue to falter regardless of opponent.

3rd straight week with more pass attempts than rushes (27 to 20)

No coincidence

We have to run the ball first. Somehow, some way. Otherwise we will continue to falter regardless of opponent.
Well, Satterfield's offense is now 1-6.

Reactions: king_kong_
3rd straight week with more pass attempts than rushes (27 to 20)

No coincidence

If Rhule isn’t dumb, and we hope he isn’t.. Satterfield won’t be our OC next year

If Rhule isn’t dumb, and we hope he isn’t.. Satterfield won’t be our OC next year
They’re friends and Rhule doesn’t like changing terminology

He laughed at the idea of making any staff changes this offseason

I don’t expect any changes next year

Reactions: phoenix4nu
I’ve listened to tons of presses and watch his body language with his team and have not seen an iota of this - what makes you think that?

I certainly won't go as far as to say he's a me first guy. But, don't shit yourself. He's not a 100% all about Nebraska guy either. At the end of the day, he'll do what he thinks is in his best interest. His actions up to when he committed to us have proven that. He can say all the right things and have all the right body language he wants, but actions speak louder than words. Hope he stays until he gets drafted because we've got enough reasons for him to. But let's not act like that's some kind of forgone conclusion.

I certainly won't go as far as to say he's a me first guy. But, don't shit yourself. He's not a 100% all about Nebraska guy either. At the end of the day, he'll do what he thinks is in his best interest. His actions up to when he committed to us have proven that. He can say all the right things and have all the right body language he wants, but actions speak louder than words. Hope he stays until he gets drafted because we've got enough reasons for him to. But let's not act like that's some kind of forgone conclusion.
I don’t disagree - but was more saying that in the scope of the season. I don’t see examples where he is me-first in the scope of the week or gameplay or interactions with the entire team and coaches.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I don’t disagree - but was more saying that in the scope of the season. I don’t see examples where he is me-first in the scope of the week or gameplay or interactions with the entire team and coaches.
I agree on Dylan's demeanor so far, but let's see when we're 5-7, not going to a bowl and Satterfield has ruined Dylan's freshman records' chances. It's the bad times that define greatness.

I’ve listened to tons of presses and watch his body language with his team and have not seen an iota of this - what makes you think that?
He made a couple business decisions yesterday instead of getting in the way of defenders

EJ’s cutback and double reverse

Not saying he should be lead blocking like a fullback by any means, but found those plays noteworthy

Reactions: RBigredMax
Won’t argue this

Just found the instinct noteworthy, especially in college football where we frequently see QBs flying to help ball carriers gain extra yards

That’s all

I did not take your post as a shot at the kid at all. It did not read that way to me...but my reply may have read in a way that did to you, if you dont see it said as opposed to reading it...where intent can be hard to translate.

Reactions: king_kong_
Won’t argue this

Just found the instinct noteworthy, especially in college football where we frequently see QBs flying to help ball carriers gain extra yards

That’s all
We're screwed if he gets hurt and no doubt our QB coach has drilled that in to his head. He's been hanging in the pocket going through progressions while exposing himself to hits. His block on that reverse would have done nothing IMO. That guy wasn't a factor. We're back to HH stiffly running read option if DR goes down. DR is moving this team with his arm but did you miss our last play of the game? DR pulled the ball and took off on a QB run. It's on video now so opposing DCs are going to have to consider it at least. I was wondering if the play call had come in thinking that HH was going to be in the game and instead he had already subbed out.

We're screwed if he gets hurt and no doubt our QB coach has drilled that in to his head. He's been hanging in the pocket going through progressions while exposing himself to hits. His block on that reverse would have done nothing IMO. That guy wasn't a factor. We're back to HH stiffly running read option if DR goes down. DR is moving this team with his arm but did you miss our last play of the game? DR pulled the ball and took off on a QB run. It's on video now so opposing DCs are going to have to consider it at least. I was wondering if the play call had come in thinking that HH was going to be in the game and instead he had already subbed out.
I didn’t say it’s not smart

I simply noted it

And I’m sure he’s been coached to protect himself since long before he got here

Reactions: dinglefritz
He made a couple business decisions yesterday instead of getting in the way of defenders

EJ’s cutback and double reverse

Not saying he should be lead blocking like a fullback by any means, but found those plays noteworthy
I thought EJ’s cutback caught him by surprise and he was looking for someone to block while also staying out of his way.

I didn’t say it’s not smart

I simply noted it

And I’m sure he’s been coached to protect himself since long before he got here
He took a hit on his last run. I'm not worried about him making business decisions. As cool as he acts and talks, there's a fire burning in that kid's gut. You don't put in the hours he has away from practice without it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT