ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield's Offense is 0-6 vs the B1G

you have me to thank for that

I laugh at most of your idiotic posts

in this thread, nobody seems to care what you say.

any $2 parlays in the hopper today, big guy?

Just checked, and not many can match you for sheer volume of posts… I’ve been around since 2008, and am a fairly consistent poster, with just over 13,300 posts… this iteration of you has been around less than 3 years and you are at well over 18,000 posts.

I feel like I spend too much time on this board already, how do you do it?

Reactions: king_kong_
I think Kong has a point here. It does seem to me that we abandoned the run too quickly against Illinois. We would run it on first down, gain 3 or 4 yards, and then start passing. Very rarely did we run two running plays in a row. Seems so to me anyway. But maybe I am wrong.
And while we are at it, where has Ervin gone? Is he injured and we don’t know it? In Rhule’s dog house? Not practicing well? Just not that good?
Wants to pound the rock with a 4.7 RB, sprinkle it in with a small RB who likes to camp 2 yards off the field of play awaiting a TD pass, then leave the best, and most elusive runner, Emmitt, for mop up action. Makes perfect sense.

Reactions: Zeke2005 and Dylman
Just checked, and not many can match you for sheer volume of posts… I’ve been around since 2008, and am a fairly consistent poster, with just over 13,300 posts… this iteration of you has been around less than 3 years and you are at well over 18,000 posts.

I feel like I spend too much time on this board already, how do you do it?
If you’re going to read and respond to any post in this thread, I’d like to hear your thoughts on post #43

It couldn't be because ranked teams tend to have stronger, better coaching staffs?
Rhetorical question.
Other than Norvell who has one fluke season, all those AAC level coaches who have moved up to the big boy level have crashed and burned.

If I list them, it becomes obvious.

Off topi: I had to laugh yesterday when Saban picked Arkansas State to beat Iowa State because one of his former assistants, Butch Jones, he who leads all coaches with game day blood pressure readings, is the coach at Ark State.

Iowa State proceeds to blow them out 52-7. Nick is not very good at predictions as his picking FSU as the preseason # 3 team in the country attests.

I’m sure you don’t believe that?
He doesn't seem to have that burning desire to win that is necessary to win big. Maybe he's just too nice of a guy, in a sport that calls for cold blooded men to run big programs. He comes off as being more worried about his "coaching tree" than he is in having the very best available coaches, where money is no object, and will sustain subpar coaches cause he wants that same type legacy.

I like a whole lot of who he is as a man, and a little less as a head coach. I have a long list.

you have me to thank for that

I laugh at most of your idiotic posts

in this thread, nobody seems to care what you say.

any $2 parlays in the hopper today, big guy?
Ahh, so shooting yourself in the foot again. That sucks. Let’s not mention my laughs at your posts either. In any case, none of this has anything to do this thread of yours that you’re also de-railing, which isn’t surprising since you got completely owned attempting to stay on topic. That’s why you keep changing it. Your second-nature losing behavior that’s as old as time.

But since you don’t care about that and it’s your thread, I wonder how much emotional, irrational money you’ve lost over the years betting against the Packers 🤣 most sacks today since 2005 against…🧐 the Bears! Backup Malik Willis also beat the Colts last week, something finger paint Caleb couldn’t do today. Speaking of trash offense, amiright??

I’ll continue to post my bets in the betting thread as everyone else always has. You’ll continue to give me a reaction score when I lose, become king_kricket when I win, I’ll keep embarrassing you with simple math/your own words vs. your substance-less, emotional and hypocritical rantings and we’ll take another trip around the sun! Sound good? I can’t wait!

Ahh, so shooting yourself in the foot again. That sucks. Let’s not mention my laughs at your posts either. In any case, none of this has anything to do this thread of yours that you’re also de-railing, which isn’t surprising since you got completely owned attempting to stay on topic. That’s why you keep changing it. Your second-nature losing behavior that’s as old as time.

But since you don’t care about that and it’s your thread, I wonder how much emotional, irrational money you’ve lost over the years betting against the Packers 🤣 most sacks today since 2005 against…🧐 the Bears! Backup Malik Willis also beat the Colts last week, something finger paint Caleb couldn’t do today. Speaking of trash offense, amiright??

I’ll continue to post my bets in the betting thread as everyone else always has. You’ll continue to give me a reaction score when I lose, become king_kricket when I win, I’ll keep embarrassing you with simple math/your own words vs. your substance-less, emotional and hypocritical rantings and we’ll take another trip around the sun! Sound good? I can’t wait!
owned?

I see a lot of people agreeing with me in this thread. we need to commit to running the football.

rest is tl;dr butthurt nonsense that nobody else will read, either

• Haha
Reactions: SomedayHusker
If you’re going to read and respond to any post in this thread, I’d like to hear your thoughts on post #43
Not really interested in taking the bait. The game wasn’t lost because of Satt. You can say he isn’t the right guy, that’s fine. To blame Satt for the loss Friday night is flat wrong when you look at the defensive play. That’s all you’ll get from me.

Not really interested in taking the bait. The game wasn’t lost because of Satt. You can say he isn’t the right guy, that’s fine. To blame Satt for the loss Friday night is flat wrong when you look at the defensive play. That’s all you’ll get from me.
I didn't say any of that. it is an earnest post containing my honest opinion.

thanks for reading, Tim. from now on I'll know you just jump to conclusions because you're triggered by the sight of my screen name and not the content of my posts.

He is right ya know.. Not picking sides just common sense..
my post isn't about one game it's about building a sustainable winner around the best recruit we've ever gotten.

I didn't say satt lost it for us on Saturday. I said his pass-happy scheme has yet to win a conference game.

• Haha
Reactions: SomedayHusker
my post isn't about one game it's about building a sustainable winner around the best recruit we've ever gotten.

I didn't say satt lost it for us on Saturday. I said his pass-happy scheme has yet to win a conference game.
We were able to easily handle an outfit like UTEP. The lack of respect shown last year was a great motivator in the way they dispatched CU.

UNI keeping the ball away from us was alarming in an otherwise easy score win, Illinois pushed us around for 60 minutes, and laughed in our faces while doing it.

Now this team may finally feel a sense of urgency after buying into their earlier hype. I'm interested to see if they come out with a fire under their ass, or if it's gonna be "another one" of those years.

If Purdue doesn't really catch hell next week, It's gonna be a bad sign of things to come.

A 3 TD win and a strong second half is really needed to propel this team into the bye week.

I didn't say any of that. it is an earnest post containing my honest opinion.

thanks for reading, Tim. from now on I'll know you just jump to conclusions because you're triggered by the sight of my screen name and not the content of my posts.
Thanks for jumping to conclusions. The real answer is I’m tired of your silly debates, so I choose not to get drawn in anymore. It isn’t me jumping to conclusions. It’s me recognizing your schtick.

Totally knew you already had an out. You always do. “Where did I say that? I never said that.” Classic Kong response. I’ve just gotten good at reading between the lines and know you are all about getting under peoples’ skin. So I’ve learned to engage you as little as possible.

If you look at my posting responses to you, I will give credit when it’s warranted. So believe what you want. I know the truth. Feel free to respond, but don’t expect a response back, I generally don’t join in your circular arguments anymore.

we ran for 4ypc on 26 carries

over 100 yards rushing

we went away from it because that's who we are, not what we were forced to do
It was feast or famine on the run which I attribute to the Illinois D. My mind tells me there were more 1-2 yard gains and a few bigger ones to get your average. A whole 100 yards rushing total isn’t much to brag about.

We were able to easily handle an outfit like UTEP. The lack of respect shown last year was a great motivator in the way they dispatched CU.

UNI keeping the ball away from us was alarming in an otherwise easy score win, Illinois pushed us around for 60 minutes, and laughed in our faces while doing it.

Now this team may finally feel a sense of urgency after buying into their earlier hype. I'm interested to see if they come out with a fire under their ass, or if it's gonna be "another one" of those years.

If Purdue doesn't really catch hell next week, It's gonna be a bad sign of things to come.

A 3 TD win and a strong second half is really needed to propel this team into the bye week
We were winning time of possession until the second half when the defense got the offense the ball rather quickly. Satt went 3 and out and then Illinois proceeded to chew clock and tie the game.

A 3 TD win and a strong second half is really needed to propel this team into the bye week.
We play Purdue next week, then Rutgers at home the next week, then we have our 1st bye.

If Rutgers can beat Washington at home this week, they will be undefeated coming into Lincoln

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
It was feast or famine on the run which I attribute to the Illinois D. My mind tells me there were more 1-2 yard gains and a few bigger ones to get your average. A whole 100 yards rushing total isn’t much to brag about.
The beauty of committing to it is those 1-2 yard gains turn into 3-4 yard gains

And the bigger ones go for scores

Reactions: dpnavy
The beauty of committing to it is those 1-2 yard gains turn into 3-4 yard gains

And the bigger ones go for scores
Genuinely curious… If you can’t answer this, it says all I need to know about your intentions. Last week you said all week how much Altmeyer sucks, and yet, he torched us, going 21 for 27 with four TDs and no INTs. I looked in the defensive thread and didn’t see a single post from you.

Instead, you run here and say the fault lies with Satt.

What gives?

Genuinely curious… If you can’t answer this, it says all I need to know about your intentions. Last week you said all week how much Altmeyer sucks, and yet, he torched us, going 21 for 27 with four TDs and no INTs. I looked in the defensive thread and didn’t see a single post from you.

Instead, you run here and say the fault lies with Satt.

What gives?
I'm not worried about the defense

Friday's performance was an anomaly in terms of White's body of work at NU

if it becomes a trend, I'll be concerned

the offense has trended pass happy the entire time Satt has been here, the exception being when we had a QB who couldn't throw and he was forced to change against his will.

we won most of the games we weren't running Satt's offense, we've lost all the games in which he had all his tools at his disposal to run the offense he wants to run.

this has nothing to do with Dylan, who is by far our best player and the best recruit we've ever landed. it has everything to do with putting entirely too much on his shoulders.

finesse, pass-first teams don't enjoy long-term, sustainable success. they don't win championships. and right now we are a finesse, pass-first team.

complimentary football works. the offense can help the defense just as much as the defense can help the offense. the best teams in the country commit to running the football, even when they're losing. and it works. it's worked here - finesse never has - and can work here again.

'21-'23 michigan is our ideal offense with Dylan, IMO. we can do that today while we build up the line. it starts with a particular mindset that Rhule talks about a lot, but we clearly don't buy into in the play calling booth and in the locker room. at least not yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: timnsun
Satt could help himself out some if he'd be a little less predictable.

Run on first down, pass on 2nd and 3rd. At least that seems to be the pattern.

Would sure like to see another run call after a 4 yard carry on 1st. I'd also like to see some passes on first down.

Teams are gonna are make Dylan beat them. Why wouldn't they load up against them run and take their chances making a freshman qb throw 40 times a game. Satt has to mix it up some more to help generate rushing yards.

I like his offense. I'm not crazy about some of the situational play calling.

All that said, last night's loss wasn't on Satterfield or the offense. The defense got pushed around and at timed looked outright confused. That's probably the biggest concern going forward.
Especially when Rhule said the D was the mvp

and by the way, this isn't situational or game-specific as some like to believe.

this is who Satt is.

the only other time he's had a 5* QB running his offense he threw it 51% of the time, and that was in the SEC where power football rules.

he didn't win there, either. the best P5 conference record his pass-happy offense has produced is .500 (4-4) in 2022.

big picture, this is my top concern. it's just not a formula for sustained success. not here, not anywhere. and it does the other phases of the game zero favors.

and by the way, this isn't situational or game-specific as some like to believe.

this is who Satt is.

the only other time he's had a 5* QB running his offense he threw it 51% of the time, and that was in the SEC where power football rules.

he didn't win there, either. the best P5 conference record his pass-happy offense has produced is .500 (4-4) in 2022.

big picture, this is my top concern. it's just not a formula for sustained success. not here, not anywhere. and it does the other phases of the game zero favors.
There might some context missing in the above post.

I'm not worried about the defense

Friday's performance was an anomaly in terms of White's body of work at NU

if it becomes a trend, I'll be concerned

the offense has trended pass happy the entire time Satt has been here, the exception being when we had a QB who couldn't throw and he was forced to change against his will.

we won most of the games we weren't running Satt's offense, we've lost all the games in which he had all his tools at his disposal to run the offense he wants to run.

this has nothing to do with Dylan, who is by far our best player and the best recruit we've ever landed. it has everything to do with putting entirely too much on his shoulders.

finesse, pass-first teams don't enjoy long-term, sustainable success. they don't win championships. and right now we are a finesse, pass-first team.

complimentary football works. the offense can help the defense just as much as the defense can help the offense. the best teams in the country commit to running the football, even when they're losing. and it works. it's worked here - finesse never has - and can work here again.

'21-'23 michigan is our ideal offense with Dylan, IMO. we can do that today while we build up the line. it starts with a particular mindset that Rhule talks about a lot, but we clearly don't buy into in the play calling booth and in the locker room. at least not yet.
Thank you for this post. Hard to disagree with what you have to say here. In principle, I do agree with your premise about committing to the run. I just don’t think that our lack of commitment to the run this past week was the reason we lost. It’s because our defense let us down. In my opinion.

Thank you for this post. Hard to disagree with what you have to say here. In principle, I do agree with your premise about committing to the run. I just don’t think that our lack of commitment to the run this past week was the reason we lost. It’s because our defense let us down. In my opinion.
that's fair

I believe Friday was a symptom of what's plagued us for a long time and appears to still plague us today: a finesse mindset

Rhule talks all the time about culture. it is impossible to establish a culture when you have no identity to tie it to.

not one single person here can say specifically what we hang our hat on when the going gets tough.

Reactions: timnsun
that's fair

I believe Friday was a symptom of what's plagued us for a long time and appears to still plague us today: a finesse mindset

Rhule talks all the time about culture. it is impossible to establish a culture when you have no identity to tie it to.

not one single person here can say specifically what we hang our hat on when the going gets tough.
We thought we could hang our hat on 9 single digit players to get the job done on defense.
Death Row? Gimmicks never work. Try again.

feel free to add what's missing

I am open to feedback and differing opinions

simply sharing my perspective
I'm just curious if over that span you know what the running back room is like? What the receivers are like? What the offensive line is like. What's the temperament of the head coach?

This is exactly what happened in the game. It wasn’t a consistent 4ypc, it was unsustainable.

I agree we need to find more creative ways to run against these better defenses. Unfortunately it’s all tough when you get pushed around like we did. Without an option QB it becomes a different “power offense” but acting like this is a Mike Leach offense is just blowing things out of proportion. Acting like the offense was so “finesse” that it caused the defense not to cover anybody is asinine. Acting like “last year’s power offense” was in any way better is medication worthy.

There have been games that have looked as balanced as it gets and we’ll see that again. No need to get emotional about one game against a good defense where we hypothetically could’ve ran 5 more times for 20 more rushing yards..It’s splitting hairs, it’s a circular argument and it’s pointless. There were at least 10 other 50/50 plays where if just one goes our way this thread doesn’t even exist.

we hypothetically could’ve ran 5 more times for 20 more rushing yards
game's over if we do this. 5 plays, 20 yards means we're on the ILL 1 with no time left at the end of the game.

after the failed play action pass, we missed that FG from the 21 yard line with 3 mins left on the clock.

even if DR hits 44 for a score, there's no guarantee we stop ILL from tying it on the ensuing possession with 3 minutes at their disposal given how our defense played all night.

this is what I mean when I say complementary football. is there a guarantee we get 3 yards on 2 rushes to get a first down? no. but it's a much better bet than playing the cards we chose to play. throwing there is a result of our lack of culture and our lack of identity.

whether it works or not, it's bad process.

that's not splitting hairs or a circular argument. establishing an identity is far from pointless. we don't have one.

you clearly don't get it. and you're likely too butthurt to ever come around.

worth noting that on our final drive of regulation, we ran the ball 5 times for exactly 20 yards. yet, we felt the need to throw it 4x, including a mind-boggling trick play.

Last edited:
Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT