ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield's Offense is 0-6 vs the B1G

They didn’t stop our run game

We abandoned it

Averaging 4ypc like we did last night is enough to win most weeks when you commit to it

And it takes a tremendous amount of pressure off our star QB

It’s just not who Satt is
Satt could help himself out some if he'd be a little less predictable.

Run on first down, pass on 2nd and 3rd. At least that seems to be the pattern.

Would sure like to see another run call after a 4 yard carry on 1st. I'd also like to see some passes on first down.

Teams are gonna are make Dylan beat them. Why wouldn't they load up against them run and take their chances making a freshman qb throw 40 times a game. Satt has to mix it up some more to help generate rushing yards.

I like his offense. I'm not crazy about some of the situational play calling.

All that said, last night's loss wasn't on Satterfield or the offense. The defense got pushed around and at timed looked outright confused. That's probably the biggest concern going forward.

Interesting that Rhule had the exact opposite take in his post-game press conference. He praised the offense and blamed the defense for not getting enough stops to give the offense more opportunities.
Then Rhule is a dumbass because there were more than a couple times the defense got the ball back for our offense to put it away and they couldn't. There is no excuse for having Illinois at 17 points late in the game or only give up 24 to them in regulation and lose.

Satt could help himself out some if he'd be a little less predictable.

Run on first down, pass on 2nd and 3rd. At least that seems to be the pattern.

Would sure like to see another run call after a 4 yard carry on 1st. I'd also like to see some passes on first down.

Teams are gonna are make Dylan beat them. Why wouldn't they load up against them run and take their chances making a freshman qb throw 40 times a game. Satt has to mix it up some more to help generate rushing yards.

I like his offense. I'm not crazy about some of the situational play calling.

All that said, last night's loss wasn't on Satterfield or the offense. The defense got pushed around and at timed looked outright confused. That's probably the biggest concern going forward.
The broadcast team commented over and over how ILL started in a single high look and bailed at the snap.

We weren’t taking what they were giving.

Committing to the power run game works. And it helps everybody.

We are painfully dull in the running game from a scheme standpoint.

Our ideal offense is ‘21-‘23 Michigan, complete with our own top 10 pick under center.

Until we establish an identity and commit to it, we will continue flap in the wind

By the way I’m not at all worried about this season and think we can win a ton more games. And I do think Rhule wants to be physical and hope he takes more control over the offense again like he did last year.

I am not trolling like @timnsun, who checks under his bed and in his closet for me every night before he turns off the lights, says

This is my honest opinion on the only sustainable way to build the program and win titles.

Our window is open right now and it would be a shame to squander it by being a pass-first, finesse team. And that’s exactly what we are at the moment

Satt

His pass happy gameplan hung White & our struggling defense out to dry

Selfish, me-first play calling when we had a chance to shorten the game

The antithesis of everything Rhule always talks about wanting to be
Funny thing is if DR hits the TE in the endzone I bet it's a mute point. How do we run when we couldn't later on in the game ? Wish and a prayer ?

Reactions: scarletred
Funny thing is if DR hits the TE in the endzone I bet it's a mute point. How do we run when we couldn't later on in the game ? Wish and a prayer ?
we averaged 4ypc

we ran it fine

it's just not what marcus wants to do

Reactions: kruller
They didn’t stop our run game

We abandoned it

Averaging 4ypc like we did last night is enough to win most weeks when you commit to it

And it takes a tremendous amount of pressure off our star QB

It’s just not who Satt is
Seriously, you don’t think Illinois stopped our run game?

we were a QB dominant running team. Without the QB rushing yards last year, we were ass.

And we only scored 18 PPG. This is a much better offense overall from scoring perspective,.

Problem is the defense is literally a shell of last year with mostly same players. With last years defense this is a 27-17 worst case.

The change and DB coach and move to quarters has not been a positive change to this point.

we ran for 4ypc on 26 carries

over 100 yards rushing

we went away from it because that's who we are, not what we were forced to do
If we focus on 200 yards a game we will win the majority of our games. We have a deep RB room and I think the OL can be be better than average (although I thought they were bad yesterday). Raiola is a great passer but we need to have a rushing attack to win in this league.

Reactions: king_kong_
Satterfield’s offense produced more points against both same opponents so far this year vs. last...both opponents with clearly upgraded defenses. Illinois had 21 yards rushing against us last season… These are simple facts, but we’ll pretend this makes sense. Sometimes we just give the kid a straw when he keeps grasping for them

More facts comparing offense in this matchup:

Turnovers: 2023: 3
2024: 1

3rd down: 2023: 5-15
2024: 8-15

Punts: 2023: 4
2024: 3

Touchdowns: 2023: 2

2024: 24

but yea “complimentary football” 🤣

Sorry, but 23% less time of possession and 7 less offensive plays (defense obviously plays a roll here too) does not account for the defense giving up over 4X the points from a year ago, especially considering we had 3X the turnovers last season. This defense gave up 7 on the opening drive, which didn’t happen last year either, and we STILL won time of possession, so there goes any argument of them being gassed because of the offense.

JFC, we would ask you what the hell you’re even watching but unfortunately we already know. It’s Haarberg’s cock slamming into your mouth. Get a job, Harper and stop stealing shit like a hobo.

Reactions: 1Ramsker3
More facts comparing offense in this matchup:

Turnovers: 2023: 3
2024: 1

3rd down: 2023: 5-15
2024: 8-15

Punts: 2023: 4

Touchdowns: 2023: 2

2024: 24

but yea “complimentary football” 🤣

Sorry, but 23% less time of possession and 7 less offensive plays (defense obviously plays a roll here too) does not account for the defense giving up over 4X the points from a year ago, especially considering we had 3X the turnovers last season. This defense gave up 7 on the opening drive, which didn’t happen last year either, and we STILL won time of possession, so there goes any argument of them being gassed because of the offense.

JFC, we would ask you what the hell you’re even watching but unfortunately we already know. It’s Haarberg’s cock slamming into your mouth. Get a job, Harper and stop stealing shit like a hobo.
So you think throwing the ball as much as we do is a sustainable way to build a winner?

Tracks.

Rantings from a broken, feeble, clueless mind.

Last edited:
So you think throwing the ball 40+ times per game is a sustainable way to build a winner?

Tracks.

Rantings from a broken, feeble, clueless mind.
Not on average no but i am about to literally show you how even YOU think it can make sense at least once in awhile. Does Nebraska throw it 40+ times per game on average? (Clearly asking for a dipshit) Nebraska is ranked #72 in the country in pass play percentage and #63 in rush play percentage.

Here’s where this gets hilarious: You picked finesse Washington (they threw it 40+ times to beat Texas in the playoffs) to beat power Michigan mere months ago. 🤣 (I picked Michigan)

Give up. You’re making this look really bad..HH is not coming back sans a catastrophic injury.

Not on average no but i am about to literally show you how even YOU think it can make sense at least once in awhile. Does Nebraska throw it 40+ times per game on average? (Clearly asking for a dipshit) Nebraska is ranked #72 in the country in pass play percentage and #63 in rush play percentage.

Here’s where this gets hilarious: You picked finesse Washington (they threw it 40+ times to beat Texas in the playoffs) to beat power Michigan mere months ago. 🤣 (I picked Michigan)

Give up. You’re making this look really bad..HH is not coming back sans a catastrophic injury.
I haven’t said a single word about Haarberg. Nor will I.

Just more fan fiction.

I’m glad you agree with the overall premise of this thread and that we need to establish a power running identity to take some heat off DR, help our defense and ultimately raise the ceiling of this team.

Next time just say that instead of doing your usual meaningless butthurt song and dance

I haven’t said a single word about Haarberg. Nor will I.

Just more fan fiction.

I’m glad you agree with the overall premise of this thread and that we need to establish a power running identity to take some heat off DR, help our defense and ultimately raise the ceiling of this team.

Next time just say that instead of doing your usual meaningless “I’m in my 20s and know everything” song and dance
And there’s the bow-out. Thanks for playing! 🤡

I'm starting to think the head coach doesn't have a killer instinct.
I saw somewhere that he’s now 2-20 against Top 25 teams

That can’t be right, but I’m afraid to look it up

His 2nd half mismanagement of the clock, our timeouts and our challenges during these past 5 conference games has been puzzling to say the least

At 78th in the country in pass play percentage, that’s definitively NOT the problem with our one loss team..
It was a yes/no question

That rate would rank historically high compared to both conference and national champions.

But I could say water is wet and you’d argue with me because you’re a butthurt little dweeb

I saw somewhere that he’s now 2-20 against Top 25 teams

That can’t be right, but I’m afraid to look it up

His 2nd half mismanagement of the clock, our timeouts and our challenges during these past 5 conference games has been puzzling to say the least
I believe it’s 3-19 all time against ranked opponents. All three wins were at Temple against Memphis, East Carolina, and Navy. No ranked wins over P5 opponents in Rhule’s career.

First you said that this is not a recipe for sustained success

Then you waffled

Now I need to figure out what you’re thinking?

Powerful stuff, as usual
Go ahead, take your dull crayon and color yourself as the only person who will be remotely confused by anything I’ve said in this thread, while you pick another incorrect national champion that directly contradicts everything you started your annual first loss tantrum thread over.

• Haha
Reactions: JOHNNY N
I think Kong has a point here. It does seem to me that we abandoned the run too quickly against Illinois. We would run it on first down, gain 3 or 4 yards, and then start passing. Very rarely did we run two running plays in a row. Seems so to me anyway. But maybe I am wrong.
And while we are at it, where has Ervin gone? Is he injured and we don’t know it? In Rhule’s dog house? Not practicing well? Just not that good?

Go ahead, take your dull crayon and color yourself as the only person who will be remotely confused by anything I’ve said in this thread, while you pick another incorrect national champion that directly contradicts everything you started your annual first loss tantrum thread over.
Can’t help but notice the near complete lack of interaction with your posts

As if nobody even bothers to read them

Funny

I think Kong has a point here. It does seem to me that we abandoned the run too quickly against Illinois. We would run it on first down, gain 3 or 4 yards, and then start passing. Very rarely did we run two running plays in a row. Seems so to me anyway. But maybe I am wrong.
And while we are at it, where has Ervin gone? Is he injured and we don’t know it? In Rhule’s dog house? Not practicing well? Just not that good?
Good question. Emmett, too.

I don’t mind sticking with a bellcow (Dowdell received 20 carries, and I can’t remember the last time we could say that about a back), but we just have no rhythm in the run game.

Its very sporadic and pretty vanilla outside of an end around here and there.

I mean I do think we are uncreative in the run game. And we need to either commit to a power running back or more of a slasher. But defense lost game last night

Can’t help but notice the near complete lack of interaction with your posts

As if nobody even bothers to read them

Funny
Well hopefully you’re sitting down for this, sport…but I average over 1.5 reactions per post, while you currently sit at 1.44.

Sure you wanna keep digging this hole? I think you screwed up that math on that too and don’t have a long enough ladder. 😬

Well hopefully you’re sitting down for this, sport…but I average over 1.5 reactions per post, while you currently sit at 1.44.

Sure you wanna keep digging this hole? I think you screwed up that math on that too and don’t have a long enough ladder. 😬
you have me to thank for that

I laugh at most of your idiotic posts

in this thread, nobody seems to care what you say.

any $2 parlays in the hopper today, big guy?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT