ADVERTISEMENT

Santos, Alexander gone

BigRed_Cheesehead

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 5, 2003
@swmckewonOWH: Mike Riley announces LeRoy Alexander and Jariah Tolbert are transferring, while David Santos won't be on football team this fall.

@swmckewonOWH: Mike Riley announces LeRoy Alexander and Jariah Tolbert are transferring, while David Santos won't be on football team this fall.

The writing was on the wall for Alexander and Tolbert. We should be alright at those positions. Not sure what happened with Santos...but our LB position is a complete disaster. Ross Els Sick

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Hope these freshmen can contribute. Insanely thin at Linebacker and one or two injuries will decimate this team.

We needed a few to transfer or whatever to get to 85, but losing Santos, a linebacker, hurts a lot. Did not see that one coming.

Disappointed to lose Alexander. Looked so good two years ago, but if he's failed more than one test now there's a possibility that we never really saw him play clean.

Loved Tolbert's HS film and I think he'll be very good somewhere but if we needed a scholarship he more-or-less volunteered to give his up.

Santos apparently or allegedly was going to be. Academically ineligible.

Tolbert illustrates something that may be an issue going forward:

Edna Karr kids have some baggage, and all of them have lived through some big time shit. Tolbert and Walton are only 2 of 4 Edna Karr kids from the 2014 senior class who have already been dismissed from D1 programs around the country.

Some people will argue that all he did was smoke weed. The kid was arrested twice in weed related incidents in one year. There are thousands of students at UNL who smoke weed, but never get arrested at all.

Tolbert clearly doesn't know how to avoid trouble.

I think we can expect a few more guys to be cut loose in that next few days. I don't expect any more starters though.

New sheriffs in town and their names are Shawn Eichorst/Mike Riley. No potheads allowed.
Appears Bo/Tom were the one with a laissez-faire attitude toward drug use. We dont want to be an SEC school when dealing with this issue.

Reactions: WestCoastCornhusker
New sheriffs in town and their names are Shawn Eichorst/Mike Riley. No potheads allowed.
Appears Bo/Tom were the one with a laissez-faire attitude toward drug use. We dont want to be an SEC school when dealing with this issue.
200.gif

yes, only the SEC schools have players who smoke weed. jesus.

Dedrick Young, Mohamed Barry, Tyrin Ferguson, Adrienne Talan, and I'm guessing Antonio Reed will start out at LB as well considering the depth. At least 2 out of those 5 True Freshman are going to be getting significant playing time this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT