ADVERTISEMENT

Same ole shit, different week

It was still alot of the same ole stuff... Questionable play calling, poor executuon, penalties, turnovers, etc... Difference was the opponent did a whole lot of the same.... Happy to see them get a win.... Still alot of work to do....

Reactions: WHCSC
It was still alot of the same ole stuff... Questionable play calling, poor executuon, penalties, turnovers, etc... Difference was the opponent did a whole lot of the same.... Happy to see them get a win.... Still alot of work to do....
Don’t totally disagree, but under Frost we lose this game somewhere in the 4th quarter. Our defense shut Indiana out in the second half, giving up 5 yards of offense the entire 4th quarter. Aggressive, tackled well, nothing like the first 4 games.

Wasn’t always pretty, but wasn’t the same ole sh1t by a long shot either.

The offense seemed to live and die by the big play… until the drive that put NU up 35-21. That was a bit more methodical and time consuming; something we didn’t see much under Frost. I’ll give them credit for finishing.

Don’t totally disagree, but under Frost we lose this game somewhere in the 4th quarter. Our defense shut Indiana out in the second half, giving up 5 yards of offense the entire 4th quarter. Aggressive, tackled well, nothing like the first 4 games.

Wasn’t always pretty, but wasn’t the same ole sh1t by a long shot either.

EXTREMELY well stated sir!

The penalties are a legacy of Frost. The difference in this team in 2 weeks is honestly astounding. Everything was night and day better except the penalties. I've said before that if we aren't going to hire someone of Urban Meyer calibre, I'd like to see what Mickey can do. He made a heck of a difference already with a team in complete disarray.

I agree - great to win but this effort will not bring many wins. Offense is unimaginitive. No screens or misdirections. No RPO. Just drop back and run 7/7 drill with a good - not great QB. Fair qB protection. Good RB but not a great push by O-line. Cannot see how we will move the ball against the better Ds in the league. Light years away in talent from OSU, PSU, Michigan.

Last edited:
I agree - great to win but this effort will not bring many wins. Offense is unimaginitive. No screens or misdirections. No RPO. Just drop back and run 7/7 drill with a good - not great QB. Fair qB protection. Good RB but not a great push by O-line. Cannot see how we will move the ball against the better Ds in the league. Light years away in talent from OSU, PSU, Michigan.
Good thing we only play Michigan this year then.

I think you are probably an idiot
I'd agree with you, but you used the word "probably." Between him and hephusker, there is no doubt of idiocy.

I don't know what they expected. But what they got was a vastly improved team, particularly on defense. The linebackers were actually filling gaps and getting into passing lanes, such simple stuff that for some mind-numbing reason, the previous DC didn't teach. Tackling was improved, effort was there. The off-week allowed the updated staff to begin implementing it's vision, and the product on the field was anything but the same old stuff. Indiana was not a pushover, especially for a Husker team with so many issues over the past four-plus years.

I look forward to this team's continued improvement and hopefully a few more victories.

PS. Tailgated with dear old friends from your old stomping grounds of York yesterday. Weather was great, company was good, beer was ice cold. A fine day in :Lincoln.

Indiana was somehow good enough to beat Illinois.

This wasn't in any way perfect, but it WAS a good win. The players needed this. The players deserved this. Feel good for them.

A journey of one thousand miles begins with a first step.
I love that quote by Lao Tzu!

I think Illinois is a very good team and better now than when they played Indiana. Illinois will be a tough test for us.

Indiana was a must win for team confidence and we should all enjoyi the W. It’s been awhile.

I love that quote by Lao Tzu!

I think Illinois is a very good team and better now than when they played Indiana. Illinois will be a tough test for us.

Indiana was a must win for team confidence and we should all enjoyi the W. It’s been awhile.
Bielema inherited some talent from Lovie and has them playing well with the guys he brought in

Bielema inherited some talent from Lovie and has them playing well with the guys he brought in
I don’t like Bielema. He seems very arrogant and will run up the score whenever he can - even when the game is way decided.

However, he can definitely coach and understands the BIG-10. I wonder how much Wisconsin misses him?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT