ADVERTISEMENT

Samari Curtis

What the heck. Did we not pay him enough?
I wouldn't read too much in to this one. Sounds like he and Hoiberg are parting on good terms. It could be nothing more than the kid is homesick or hasn't clicked personality wise with his teammates. He has the potential to be a good player and I hate to see him go but I think he sees the writing on the wall that he's not going to play as much as he hoped early on.

Reactions: saluno22
He's on a team of basically all guards. Too bad it didnt work out but that's college basketball.

Reactions: Thrasher31
Might open up a spot for Teddy Allen, who is scoring 32ppg at Western NE CC and shooting over 40% from 3 and 90% at the FT line. Would be a big upgrade if we can keep him out of trouble off the court. He's an NBA talent.

Might open up a spot for Teddy Allen, who is scoring 32ppg at Western NE CC and shooting over 40% from 3 and 90% at the FT line. Would be a big upgrade if we can keep him out of trouble off the court. He's an NBA talent.
Good luck coaching him

If you can't beat your competition, then you either need to work harder or move on. Maybe Fred told him that he was not in his plans. Either way, good luck young man.

Nebraska is actively recruiting him.

Reactions: WHCSC
Hoiberg was able to coach Royce White at ISU, and keep him out of trouble. If anybody can coach Teddy Allen, it's Hoiberg.
Not to mention he coached Rondo, Derrick Rose, and Dwyane Wade at the same time. One of those guys wouldve been a handful and he coached all 3 of them at the same time...

Not to mention he coached Rondo, Derrick Rose, and Dwyane Wade at the same time. One of those guys wouldve been a handful and he coached all 3 of them at the same time...
Well it was Butler not Rose, but you not knowing that would maybe explain why you apparently think him coaching those three is an example of one of Fred’s success stories. ‘Cause it ain’t, not even close. That was a total disaster.

Well it was Butler not Rose, but you not knowing that would maybe explain why you apparently think him coaching those three is an example of one of Fred’s success stories. ‘Cause it ain’t, not even close. That was a total disaster.
Welcome to the ignore club. You join a select group of dense low quality posters!

Hoiberg was able to coach Royce White at ISU, and keep him out of trouble. If anybody can coach Teddy Allen, it's Hoiberg.

Yep. Hoiberg ha major success at ISU taking fliers on big time talent that had issues elsewhere.

Landing Allen would be a big get.

Yep. Competition or lack thereof can skew numbers. But free throws are the same at any level.

Yep. Competition or lack thereof can skew numbers. But free throws are the same at any level.

It's interesting because Teddy hardly shot any 3s at West Virginia, and only made 12% of the ones he did take. If he's added an outside shot to his game, and continues to shoot 90% from the line, he will play in the NBA. He was able to get to the rim at will at West Virginia.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I'm a close observer of WSU and went to the AAC tourney last year in Memphis..talked to Teddy twice(not in depth talks:) ) and he could not have been nicer...HOWEVER, he had issues at both West Va and WSU, so he's a baggage guy..

I'm a close observer of WSU and went to the AAC tourney last year in Memphis..talked to Teddy twice(not in depth talks:) ) and he could not have been nicer...HOWEVER, he had issues at both West Va and WSU, so he's a baggage guy..
He obviously had baggage since he was at Boys Town.

didn't have the best family situation in ARIZONA where he was from and his mom just passed away a few years ago. good kid with tremendous talent just sometimes doesn't use his noggin the best. has a younger brother that plays for someone in the wac I think.

It's interesting because Teddy hardly shot any 3s at West Virginia, and only made 12% of the ones he did take. If he's added an outside shot to his game, and continues to shoot 90% from the line, he will play in the NBA. He was able to get to the rim at will at West Virginia.
I think as we're finding our right now, shooting over a JUCO defense is a lot easier than shooting over a D-1 defense. Surprise surprise. I like some JUCO football recruiting. Not as much for basketball but we Miles got a really good one that everybody poo pooed because of his lack of offensive stats in JUCO. Evan Taylor was a really nice player for us.

ADVERTISEMENT