ADVERTISEMENT

SAIP: Shaquil Barrett

Chief Wiggum

Sophomore
Sep 29, 2001
I was reading an article about Shaquil's younger brother, who currently plays at Boys Town.

I know Shaquil is tearing it up with the Denver Broncos - I had no idea he started his career at Boys Town and played at UNO until they dropped football. According to the article, people at UNO called Nebraska and told them they have an amazing athlete looking for a new home...less than 50 miles away...the callers never heard back from anyone at Nebraska. Shaquil transferred to Colorado State and ended up getting signed as a FA with the Broncos and now starts.

Does anyone know the story as to why no one at Nebraska even gave him a look? Especially at a position of need? Don't mean to turn this into another 'stupid Bo' thread, but I am honestly curious if anyone knows the whole story.

He only played I think one season at UNO before they shut it down and the old staff would probably use that as an excuse. "Not enough film to evaluate."

Nebraska should have taken a flyer on him, but they just didn't. Laziness by the last staff. He was a hell of a player and an amazing wrestler. Also was Mountain West defensive player of the year too at CSU.

Old staff would have beat down his door had he been at Youngstown State. UNO.......Nah. Winking

I was reading an article about Shaquil's younger brother, who currently plays at Boys Town.

I know Shaquil is tearing it up with the Denver Broncos - I had no idea he started his career at Boys Town and played at UNO until they dropped football. According to the article, people at UNO called Nebraska and told them they have an amazing athlete looking for a new home...less than 50 miles away...the callers never heard back from anyone at Nebraska. Shaquil transferred to Colorado State and ended up getting signed as a FA with the Broncos and now starts.

Does anyone know the story as to why no one at Nebraska even gave him a look? Especially at a position of need? Don't mean to turn this into another 'stupid Bo' thread, but I am honestly curious if anyone knows the whole story.
Bo did not want to have to get out of his car.

Reactions: Mtnhusker
Why would you call back, it's not important as a head coach to have good relationships with feeder programs. :(

What a total joke he was

Why would you call back, it's not important as a head coach to have good relationships with feeder programs. :(

What a total joke he was
"More than winning" that used to mean something until pope Tom starting covering his hires ass....

More important question is...are we recruiting Shaquil's younger brother Dominick? Seems to have a good frame 6-3 250 junior....obviously good blood lines. We recruited Cottons for years (sigh), maybe we can start recruiting Barretts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT