ADVERTISEMENT

Sadness

All Frost has to do is make one staff change. Why not promote Bill Busch to be full time Special Teams Coach and make the guru QB Coach an Analyst for the rest of the season. I'm not sold on Austiin either, but a change there could wait until the end of the season.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Holy crap you’re not getting my point here..This is a very important hire.. I’m in no way endorsing that TA gives SF a pass… But if he feels he needs another year to find His man, that would be the only reason he would tell him he needs to make staff changes if he would decide to go that route..

Hawt take

You are literally the main poster that wanted Chins fired two years ago
To be fair, a lot of us did, Chins and the whole defense have been doing a great job, my only complaint is if I never see our safety’s or corners go to make a “big hit” instead of a wrap up form tackle again I could be at peace, highly unlikely though so I still yell obscenity at the tv and children in the room.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Been a rabid Husker fan since my dad took me to my first Husker game in 1964 when I was 6. I was at the game of the century with my dad and brother in Norman. I was in Miami, January 1, 1984 and was crushed by that loss. Been to every NU-OU home game since 1970.

I will never stop being a Husker fan. To me it means family, my love of my hometown, Lincoln, and pride in my home State. I still remember climbing the old chain link fence around the stadium to sneak into games with my Belmont buddies back in the early seventies, before they added all the concrete and barbed wire. I sold coke in the stands when I was in high school at Lincoln High. So this team is in my blood, my DNA. I could no more stop being a fan than I could cut off my own arm.

Today is the lowest I have felt about Husker football in my entire life. Watching us implode last night after outplaying MSU was a nightmare and knowing how damn important to the future of our program the game was made me doubly sick.
But I will never give up on this program or stop being a fan. Today I feel nothing but sadness. Not anger or bitterness or animosity. Just sadness, like when you realize something you hold precious really is lost.

Frost will get fired this year. I am 99% sure of that. And yet another coaching search will begin.
We will be back. We will be a good program again someday and maybe sooner than we think. But for now we need to hang in there. Don’t stop going to games. Don’t stop watching games. Don’t stop cheering for these great kids we have on this team.
GBR
Sad time indeed. Imagine weak little programs like Iowa State and Iowa legitimately laughing at Alabama and talking about how pathetic of a program they are. Unthinkable… Right? We were Alabama 20+ years ago, but are now a complete joke in college football. Never dreamed our program would be laughed at and pitied by so many, but here we are today. The slight bit of hope I have left is that we have the right athletic director to find the right leader for this program next time around.

Last edited:
Pretty
I've been watching college football for 35 years now. I've seen some amazing dynasty runs, some horrendous football teams, and some really bad coaches. Scott Frost is going to go down in college football history with this one quiz question in 30 years: Who was the only head coach in college football to never have a winning season besides one season where he went undefeated?

pretty sure Frost banged your gal and made you watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT