ADVERTISEMENT

Sad

I think some of that is fair but this goes beyond viewership within fan bases. I agree that number will be pretty static, but a good Nebraska team draws a national audience in ways that a good Indiana, and even Iowa, team doesn’t. That is why Nebraska was added to the Big Ten.
Fair point. It doesn't change the fact that oftentimes people choose grudges over money. We have all the makings of a grudge.

First off, the Big Ten was butthurt that Nebraska was innocently looking for outside opponents to play. We didn't call anyone out or disrespect anyone until the Big Ten cried about it. That right there is a sign that they're pissed off at us.

Now add in the fact that we're at a 10-0 disadvantage on holding penalties? Our defensive line is actually pretty decent... yet they haven't forced a single hold? And I've still yet to see where the holding was on our one-yard dive play into the end zone against Illinois. Didn't even realize it was possible to hold on such a play, but somehow the refs found one that the video doesn't reveal.

First off, the Big Ten was butthurt that Nebraska was innocently looking for outside opponents to play. We didn't call anyone out or disrespect anyone until the Big Ten cried about it. That right there is a sign that they're pissed off at us.

I will definitely agree with you that this year's schedule was an FU to Nebraska. I just do not believe that the Big Ten would actively try to hurt one of its members and I also think most schools would not go along with it. I truly hope that Nebraska gets back on track because it is just better for the conference to have a strong Nebraska team.

well that last part isn’t true but whatever lol.

But yes I tend to agree with the first part. I think Nebraska is still relevant because of their place in history. I don’t think anything I have said should give you the impression that I think otherwise.
it absolutely is true.

ask anybody outside of iowa what season was their best. you will be greeted with a blank stare.

ask about NU, there will be an opinion.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
it absolutely is true.

ask anybody outside of iowa what season was their best. you will be greeted with a blank stare.

ask about NU, there will be an opinion.

Ya so I’m not entirely sure what you are going on about. But your original claim was about Nebraska’s worst season is more notable than Iowa’s best, which clearly is not true.

Now you appear to be making the following argument: (1) non-Iowa fans don’t know what Iowa’s best season is and (2) non-Nebraska fans do know what Nebraska’s best season is.

It is a very peculiar argument and is most certainly different from your original assertion. I’m not sure it’s accurate. I think most fans don’t really know much about other teams (for example: I have absolutely no idea what season is Alabama’s best season).

If you are attempting to argue that Nebraska has more history than Iowa, then yea dude... I would agree with that.

I just ask that in the future you be a tad more articulate, that way the rest of us can better understand what you are trying to say.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Yes it no conspiracy it’s facts
The word "conspiracy" refers to a situation where a group of people get together to commit a crime. Conspiracies are not necessarily fictional events. The term gets misunderstood because conspiracies aren’t very common and often times people only hear the term in reference to things like the moon landing and so on.

In other words, the assertion that the Big Ten is out to get Nebraska would, by definition, be a conspiracy regardless of whether it is true or not.

The word "conspiracy" refers to a situation where a group of people get together to commit a crime. Conspiracies are not necessarily fictional events. The term gets misunderstood because conspiracies aren’t very common and often times people only hear the term in reference to things like the moon landing and so on.

In other words, the assertion that the Big Ten is out to get Nebraska would, by definition, be a conspiracy regardless of whether it is true or not.

Oh hell, I was wrong. It isn't so much that you are a virgin it is that you are asexual.

Do you talk like this in real life?

Reactions: headcard
Oh hell, I was wrong. It isn't so much that you are a virgin it is that you are asexual.

Do you talk like this in real life?

I mean that is what the word means.... so ya I speak English (and French, Tu es bête).

Also you shouldn’t joke about people’s sexuality, it might upset all of the "woke" Husker fans.

Last edited:
Ya so I’m not entirely sure what you are going on about. But your original claim was about Nebraska’s worst season is more notable than Iowa’s best, which clearly is not true.

Now you appear to be making the following argument: (1) non-Iowa fans don’t know what Iowa’s best season is and (2) non-Nebraska fans do know what Nebraska’s best season is.

It is a very peculiar argument and is most certainly different from your original assertion. I’m not sure it’s accurate. I think most fans don’t really know much about other teams (for example: I have absolutely no idea what season is Alabama’s best season).

If you are attempting to argue that Nebraska has more history than Iowa, then yea dude... I would agree with that.

I just ask that in the future you be a tad more articulate, that way the rest of us can better understand what you are trying to say.
Nebraska being bad is more notable than iowa being good.

that is a fact, and what's led you over here in the first place instead of slopping around in the hogpen that is your own inbred board.

So, here we go again.

Some points.

The difference in the number of calls is unusual, most anyone would agree with that.

I do not think there is a conspiracy among refs from all over the country to not call holding against us and to call them against us. That is just ridiculous to even consider. Does anyone thing they are sitting in meetings with crews all over and talking about how they aren't required to call holding on any team Nebraska plays.

If you do some basic research you will find that "holding" is technically allowed. As one article I read stated it, it is up to the defensive player to show the ref that he is being held. To just stand toe to toe with a lineman and push straight ahead with the lineman's hands full of jersey is not likely to be called. Unless movement is impeded, then it is just part of game. So when the D lineman or linebacker attempts to make a move and get away and is grabbed, that is holding in the general sense.

I know some piss and moan and someone will post a technical rule but talk to some refs and read some articles.

That said, Nebraska needs to do a much better job of moving their feet on the O line and not getting out of position. The D line does tend to go straight ahead and not put pressure on the O line with any exotic moves. Some of that is the product of the 3-4. With the 4-3 you tend to go with more speed on the DE's and two tackles.

Just my two cents and yes, for the effort people are making to complain, it really doesn't have a good look. Coach better, play better and you get the calls.

Nebraska has won 5 National Championships, 46 Conference Championships, 3 Heisman Trophies, 54 Consensus All Americans, 26 Bowl games, and over 900 total games.

It is a very impressive resume and only a few schools can match it. As an Iowa fan, it’s a resume that I’m envious of and rational fans of most schools would be too.

However, it is very sad to see fans of this proud program complain about holding penalties, as if the refs are out to get them. I must admit as an Iowa fan searching on this board for schadenfreude, it is a satisfying sight. But, at this point, it has just gotten pathetic.

In 5 games of football, Nebraska has had 10 holding penalties as opposed to their opponents’s 0. Now normal people would look at that stat and think “boy my team needs to stop holding.” But apparently that isn’t how Nebraska fans react. They put that tin foil right on their heads and start thinking: “iTs ImPoSsIbLe FoR uS tO hAvE *TEN* mOrE pEnAlTiEs BeCaUsE *TEN* iS sUcH a HiGh NuMbEr.”

Isnt it possible that Nebraska’s miscues come down to coaching? Is it that hard to believe that coaching, rather than crooked referees are the source for Nebraska’s penalties?

And I’m not even saying Scott Frost is a bad coach. I’d like for Nebraska to fire him because apparently our teams are rivals (according to the Big Ten at least) and I think that would hurt Nebraska. But guys he isn’t perfect and penalties are clearly one of his imperfections.

The world is not out to get you. The Big Ten is not out to get you. Frankly neither are overly concerned. Put the tin foil down! Hell the Big Ten LITERALLY has an vested interest in Nebraska’s success.

In Memorial Stadium there is a sign that reads: “Through these gates pass the greatest fans in college football.” Maybe you guys should start acting like it. In the alternative, you can keep posting conspiratorial bullshit and everyone else will just keep on laughing at you. But if you pick the alternative could you please switch it up a bit? Maybe talk about the Kennedy assassination, or Biggie and Tupac, or the moon landing, or Area 51? At least make it interesting.
I cannot find where you specifically answer that question. I hate to make you repeat yourself, but at the risk of being rude, could you please just answer that one question. I will repeat it:

Do you believe that there is a conspiracy wherein the Big Ten refs have all agreed to not call holding calls, and only holding calls, against Nebraska's opponent?
tumblr_ogswobagim1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Nebraska has won 5 National Championships, 46 Conference Championships, 3 Heisman Trophies, 54 Consensus All Americans, 26 Bowl games, and over 900 total games.

It is a very impressive resume and only a few schools can match it. As an Iowa fan, it’s a resume that I’m envious of and rational fans of most schools would be too.

However, it is very sad to see fans of this proud program complain about holding penalties, as if the refs are out to get them. I must admit as an Iowa fan searching on this board for schadenfreude, it is a satisfying sight. But, at this point, it has just gotten pathetic.

In 5 games of football, Nebraska has had 10 holding penalties as opposed to their opponents’s 0. Now normal people would look at that stat and think “boy my team needs to stop holding.” But apparently that isn’t how Nebraska fans react. They put that tin foil right on their heads and start thinking: “iTs ImPoSsIbLe FoR uS tO hAvE *TEN* mOrE pEnAlTiEs BeCaUsE *TEN* iS sUcH a HiGh NuMbEr.”

Isnt it possible that Nebraska’s miscues come down to coaching? Is it that hard to believe that coaching, rather than crooked referees are the source for Nebraska’s penalties?

And I’m not even saying Scott Frost is a bad coach. I’d like for Nebraska to fire him because apparently our teams are rivals (according to the Big Ten at least) and I think that would hurt Nebraska. But guys he isn’t perfect and penalties are clearly one of his imperfections.

The world is not out to get you. The Big Ten is not out to get you. Frankly neither are overly concerned. Put the tin foil down! Hell the Big Ten LITERALLY has an vested interest in Nebraska’s success.

In Memorial Stadium there is a sign that reads: “Through these gates pass the greatest fans in college football.” Maybe you guys should start acting like it. In the alternative, you can keep posting conspiratorial bullshit and everyone else will just keep on laughing at you. But if you pick the alternative could you please switch it up a bit? Maybe talk about the Kennedy assassination, or Biggie and Tupac, or the moon landing, or Area 51? At least make it interesting.
GFY

So, here we go again.

Some points.

The difference in the number of calls is unusual, most anyone would agree with that.

I do not think there is a conspiracy among refs from all over the country to not call holding against us and to call them against us. That is just ridiculous to even consider. Does anyone thing they are sitting in meetings with crews all over and talking about how they aren't required to call holding on any team Nebraska plays.

If you do some basic research you will find that "holding" is technically allowed. As one article I read stated it, it is up to the defensive player to show the ref that he is being held. To just stand toe to toe with a lineman and push straight ahead with the lineman's hands full of jersey is not likely to be called. Unless movement is impeded, then it is just part of game. So when the D lineman or linebacker attempts to make a move and get away and is grabbed, that is holding in the general sense.

I know some piss and moan and someone will post a technical rule but talk to some refs and read some articles.

That said, Nebraska needs to do a much better job of moving their feet on the O line and not getting out of position. The D line does tend to go straight ahead and not put pressure on the O line with any exotic moves. Some of that is the product of the 3-4. With the 4-3 you tend to go with more speed on the DE's and two tackles.

Just my two cents and yes, for the effort people are making to complain, it really doesn't have a good look. Coach better, play better and you get the calls.

That pretty much sums up my feelings as well. And I’m not going to say that Nebraska hasn’t had bad luck with penalties/calls. Nebraska clearly got screwed on that fumble call against Illinois. I just don’t think it’s a “everyone is out to get you” thing. I appreciate the well reasoned analysis tho. Thanks

So, here we go again.

Some points.

That sounds great and all and I've never been a fan of making excuses for losses, but this is pretty hard to ignore and or justify. Just look at the pictures and clips, apples to apples, in the same game. We all knew this was coming before the season, when the B1G got their panties in a bunch because we wanted to play (I know the worst thing a B1G team has ever done), we all joked about it. Now it is happening, this isn't really a shock to anyone. But there are statistics, pics and videos, not just theories or feelings. It's pretty dam blatant.

Reactions: Baxter48
I mean that is what the word means.... so ya I speak English (and French, Tu es bête).

Also you shouldn’t joke about people’s sexuality, it might upset all of the woke Husker fans.

You are amazing! There is no chance you have a friend.

Are you doing a bit? Is this a bit? You don't talk like this in real life.

You are amazing! There is no chance you have a friend.

Are you doing a bit? Is this a bit? You don't talk like this in real life.

Hey man I’m sorry that the dude didn’t know what the word “conspiracy” meant. That’s not my fault. And yes literally every single English speaker who understands the word “conspiracy” knows that it does not refer to fictional events.

So, here we go again.

Some points.

TruHusker, you are spot on! The rules have evolved over the years to make football a more pass oriented, fast game, in my opinion. One way to give receivers and quarterbacks more time was to relax the definition of holding. Hell, it used to be an O lineman using an open hand In any way could get a hold call.

Faster, more talented, and smarter O lineman know the difference. They learn the difference through solid coaching. How is it that most things lead back to poor coaching? A coaching change, sooner than later, needs to be made.

TruHusker, you are spot on! The rules have evolved over the years to make football a more pass oriented, fast game, in my opinion. One way to give receivers and quarterbacks more time was to relax the definition of holding. Hell, it used to be an O lineman using an open hand In any way could get a hold call.

Faster, more talented, and smarter O lineman know the difference. They learn the difference through solid coaching. How is it that most things lead back to poor coaching? A coaching change, sooner than later, needs to be made.
hey aren't you the guy who couldn't read a simple graph in another thread?

classic illiterate iowa fan.

So, here we go again.

Some points.

On top of what you just wrote, we can break it down by game. That would come out to an average of 2 holding calls per game to none. That seems low on both ends.

To me, it seems pretty simple; the team is 1-4, and has a hard time scoring. That usually has to do with line play. Seems to me that bad O-lines will get called for holding more than average or decent ones do.

I'd be curious to know how many holds a game the 1995 Husker got called for.

And again---many have glossed over the notion that the stat was for ACCEPTED holding penalties on pass plays, not all holding calls.

Reactions: KinnicksRightFoot
lol you just did it. Like you just provided an example of exactly what I am talking about. You are not adding anything to the conversation: whether that be the topic of racism or holding. You just write: "Reminds me of Iowa fans. Pot, meet kettle!" You essentially said "I know you are but what am I" like cool dude.

No, it's called a reply to your reply saying we don't like to be called out. I called you out and you attacked me. Now you've made my point, so much has been added. Wait, let me cast out my line again. Okay, ready!

I see the "racist" banner being thrown around in here. Specifically what has Ferentz, or any of his staff done that has been racist? Be very specific, as I am dumb and look through black and gold colored glasses.

ca1f6b9c-6bf4-4861-b63c-bb604af7750e-200606-Kinnick-001_copy.jpg

https://diverseeducation.com/article/186003/

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...eport-alleges-racial-bias-black-athletes-iowa

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...wa-football-players-seek-20-million-in-racial

Iowa wide!
https://www.thegazette.com/subject/...te-struggle-to-address-campus-racism-20191108

It's okay, looks like some are seeking help. Much like PSU fans were, you're still in denial.

Question: Why did Doyle get fired and Brian is still with the team?

Last edited:
Wkato, nice work on the cutting and pasting, but where are the details? It is easy to make broad statements, especially when it comes to this, but please share exact details? Did the coaching staff not allow them to play music that has the lyrics "f*&K dem Ni##as get a white bit#h"? Frankly, that kind of music may be "cultural", but it is not allowed in any work environment that I am aware of. Did the coaching staff not want them to wear shirts that separated themselves based on race? I have heard that Doyle, did indeed say that he was going to send "you back to where you came from" to a person of dark colored skin, but a few minutes later threatened to send a "guy packing back to the farm to shovel more sh#t". There is also no doubt that folks of dark colored skin were "bullied". So were the white kids. Was one group bullied more or less than another? Might find some individuals saying one thing or another, but it would be hard to find a consensus.

The Husker trophy case would be empty if it were not for the crooked antics of the coaching staff back then but EVERYBODY looked the other way. In todays world, especially if you are white, the margin for any error is very small.

No, it's called a reply to your reply saying we don't like to be called out. I called you out and you attacked me. Now you've made my point, so much has been added. Wait, let me cast out my line again. Okay, ready!

I don't think I attacked you. All I said was that your retort was essentially the same as "I know you are but what am I?" and just did not add anything of substance or value to the conversation. That is not an attack on your person, that is an attack on your attempt to contribute.

Wkato, nice work on the cutting and pasting, but where are the details? It is easy to make broad statements, especially when it comes to this, but please share exact details? Did the coaching staff not allow them to play music that has the lyrics "f*&K dem Ni##as get a white bit#h"? Frankly, that kind of music may be "cultural", but it is not allowed in any work environment that I am aware of. Did the coaching staff not want them to wear shirts that separated themselves based on race? I have heard that Doyle, did indeed say that he was going to send "you back to where you came from" to a person of dark colored skin, but a few minutes later threatened to send a "guy packing back to the farm to shovel more sh#t". There is also no doubt that folks of dark colored skin were "bullied". So were the white kids. Was one group bullied more or less than another? Might find some individuals saying one thing or another, but it would be hard to find a consensus.

The Husker trophy case would be empty if it were not for the crooked antics of the coaching staff back then but EVERYBODY looked the other way. In todays world, especially if you are white, the margin for any error is very small.

Only an Iowa fan can spend paragraphs defending allegations or racism and abuse by their current coaches. And then instantly sling mud at Nebraska for “crooked antics” decades ago. And I am guessing by “crooked antics” you mean, TO didn’t suspend LP enough games, a regular Hawkeye go to.

simply amazing

To be honest, I am glad you guys are talking about this. I was pretty concerned that too many college football fans would gloss over the Iowa scandal as some "PC culture" thing. I think most people would agree that the PSU thing was horrible, but I was concerned that Iowa would not receive enough criticism because of the cultural divide surrounding race issues in this country.

I think it is pretty well documented on this thread that I believe KF should be fired. I'm not some anti-KF Iowa fan, I've supported him through and through up until this summer. However, I think one of the reasons why Doyle is still with the team and Brian isn not (apart from Brian being the coach's son) is that Brian's conduct was not as well documented as Doyle. Doyle was a clear problem and all parties agreed.

I truly believe that Brian engaged in conduct that was just as bad. However, I just do not believe that there was the same amount of evidence.

Honestly, I'm just glad that so many Nebraskans appear to be embracing social justice. I'm going to be honest, this is the last place I would have thought I'd find social justice warriors (although there is a post on this Board titled "When you're comfortable with losing..." which appears to randomly disparage Vanderbilt making history with their female kicker so maybe Husker fans aren't as woke as they might claim to be?)

TO didn’t suspend LP enough games

I hate when people bring this up because I do not like thinking about it. Also it was so long ago that whatever blame you can place on Nebraska shouldn't be applied to this administration. Even still Lawrence Phillips is a piece of shit murderer who should never have been allowed to step foot on a football field after he assaulted his ex-girlfriend. That is inexcusable.

Anyway, I'd like to not talk about that because I hate thinking about that piece of shit getting away with it. **** that dude

To be honest, I am glad you guys are talking about this. I was pretty concerned that too many college football fans would gloss over the Iowa scandal as some "PC culture" thing. I think most people would agree that the PSU thing was horrible, but I was concerned that Iowa would not receive enough criticism because of the cultural divide surrounding race issues in this country.

I think it is pretty well documented on this thread that I believe KF should be fired. I'm not some anti-KF Iowa fan, I've supported him through and through up until this summer. However, I think one of the reasons why Doyle is still with the team and Brian isn not (apart from Brian being the coach's son) is that Brian's conduct was not as well documented as Doyle. Doyle was a clear problem and all parties agreed.

I truly believe that Brian engaged in conduct that was just as bad. However, I just do not believe that there was the same amount of evidence.

Honestly, I'm just glad that so many Nebraskans appear to be embracing social justice. I'm going to be honest, this is the last place I would have thought I'd find social justice warriors (although there is a post on this Board titled "When you're comfortable with losing..." which appears to randomly disparage Vanderbilt making history with their female kicker so maybe Husker fans aren't as woke as they might claim to be?)
More stereotyping I see. I guess some pole just can’t let go of their prejudices and misconceptions.

I don’t think you know what the word stereotype means
You are labeling an entire group of people (Nebraskans in this case) a certain way, based on your ignorant assumptions. That is the very definition of stereotyping. However, considering you are on a message board trolling strangers 4 days after a college football game, this seems like the least of your issues.

Last edited:
Dear Life,

Would you please spell out just one answer for me? I only ask that you spell it out once. The answer I need spelling out is to this question: Do you believe that there is a conspiracy wherein the Big Ten refs have all agreed to not call holding calls, and only holding calls, against Nebraska's opponent?

Thank you Mr. Life
Dear kinnicksrightfoot,
No I will not spell it out for you, the answer to your question is right in front of you, just read and comprehend.
Sincerely, life xoxo 😘

That sounds great and all and I've never been a fan of making excuses for losses, but this is pretty hard to ignore and or justify. Just look at the pictures and clips, apples to apples, in the same game. We all knew this was coming before the season, when the B1G got their panties in a bunch because we wanted to play (I know the worst thing a B1G team has ever done), we all joked about it. Now it is happening, this isn't really a shock to anyone. But there are statistics, pics and videos, not just theories or feelings. It's pretty dam blatant.
Man the cockroaches are sure coming out of the woodwork must be the full moon, it can’t be that Iowa is any good

Hey man I’m sorry that the dude didn’t know what the word “conspiracy” meant. That’s not my fault. And yes literally every single English speaker who understands the word “conspiracy” knows that it does not refer to fictional events.

I NEED you to keep posting. I need it.

which appears to randomly disparage Vanderbilt making history with their female kicker so maybe Husker fans aren't as woke as they might claim to be?)
They have an all-conference punter that could’ve easily kicked better than she could. Or they could’ve picked a men’s club soccer player instead, also a more effective alternative.

They chose a woman for the SJW pub. Yet I wonder what the SJWs would’ve said if her pseudo-onside kick would’ve been returned and she got lit up by a blocker.

Why would anyone consider this to be “progress”? Are women progressing in athleticism at a faster rate than men, and it’s therefore inevitable that we’ll all be competing on the same field someday? And this was just the first step? Of course not. This was about telling the false narrative that women and men aren’t biologically different.

ADVERTISEMENT